Sunrise of Tettenhall, Wolverhampton, West Midlands

At Sunrise of Tettenhall, carers look to be unique in their approach to nursing care and residential care in Wolverhampton. They offer all the comforts of home to residents, some of whom even move in with their pets so they don’t have to be parted and professionals always extend a warm welcome to family and friends – especially at any of the Sunrise events. Residents enjoy a lovely position close to attractive Tettenhall village, with its wide range of cafes, shops and beauty salons. Many other areas of local interest are close by, including RAF Cosford and National Trust properties – which are often visited on weekly trips in the minibus. The community sits close to the borders of south Staffordshire and Shropshire, offering excellent links to the M6, M54 and M5.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Rachel Smith (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wolverhampton City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 98 residents

Weekly Charges Guide:

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Sunrise of Tettenhall: click here

posted 08 Jun 2015

Call 01902 975107 for details of vacancies in both our dementia care and assisted living neighbourhoods.

The user 'Review Score' (9.2 for Sunrise of Tettenhall) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Sunrise of Tettenhall

My Mother-In-Law has been with Sunrise for three years now, it was a hard decision. Looking back, it was the best decision. Not one of us could have provided the round-the-clock care that she needs, or even come close to providing her with the quality of life she has at Sunrise. As her alzheimers has progressed she moved into the reminiscence unit. She is happier there, in more secure and attentive surroundings. We never announce our intention to visit.. mostly because we’re not sure when we can be there… but we are always welcomed with warm smiles and my Mother-In-Law is always well looked after. If we ever have any concerns, they are dealt with personally and promptly. I am also able to ask what she needs and get a response quickly. It has and continues to be one of the most difficult things we have dealt with, but Sunrise have supported us and we have no worries that she is in the very best place at this time.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Tettenhall? Extremely likely

Sunrise of Tettenhall

I just wanted to take a moment to "Thank You" personally, and the whole team for doing such an outstanding job when John and Kath moved in.We were struck by the superb levels of professionalism shown by the whole team at Sunrise (every last staff member) and the care and attention given to every last detail to make sure everything ran smoothly. You seldom see a tight knit team who work exceptionally well together but you guys have cracked it. You should all be very proud of the outstanding service you deliver.

Sunrise of Tettenhall

Having recently moved a couple into Sunrise of Tettenhall, both with very different care needs, the experience was excellent and the level of support by all staff members involved was superb. I would however like to give that extra level of recommendation to Carrie Jahn, Director of Community Relations, Sue Gallagher, Deputy Manager and Head of Care, and Geraldine Bunning, Activities Co-ordinator, all whom went that extra mile prior to and on the day of move in to help the couple and their family feel they had definitely made the right decision. Speaking with family members since their parents move to Sunrise, albeit early days, they are very pleased with the home and how their parents are settling. Great job to all concerned. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Tettenhall? Extremely likely

Sunrise of Tettenhall

A very caring and comfortable environment, the best place for my father in the last year of his life.

Sunrise of Tettenhall

My mother has only recently moved to live at Sunrise, but after an initial very unsettled period she is now adapting well to her new surroundings. The level and standard of care is very impressive and this is something that is a main priority for me.

Sunrise of Tettenhall

There is always a warm friendly atmosphere. The activities are wonderful and these plus the trips have made my mom a much happier person she now has friends and looks forward to each day. Thank you also for the lovely meals when we visit.

Sunrise of Tettenhall

What a wonderful place. I can't thank the team enough for the amazing care and support shown to both my mom and our family. We are so grateful to you. Thank you so much.

Sunrise of Tettenhall

My mother was in end stage terminal gastric cancer, and therefore required appropriate nursing care. Staff were excellent - caring, kind, vigilant. Nursing staff were exceptional providing all medical needs to keep mom pain free etc. Lovely atmosphere. Dedication could be felt throughout.

Sunrise of Tettenhall

Good, safe accommodation, with very caring staff to look after the residents.

Sunrise of Tettenhall

Mum was bought into Sunrise because she no longer recognised her own home and was convinced she had been kidnapped. She had frequent brain bleeds and was having frequent falls. The staff at Sunrise have been absolutely amazing. They have paid such detailed attention to her blood pressure and medical condition that she is physically hugely improved.They have also shown infinite patience with her dementia. I cannot praise them enough.

Sunrise of Tettenhall

Excellent quality of staff. Cleanliness and food superb. Excellent events/activities residents staff ratio and the friendliness.

Sunrise of Tettenhall

care at Sunrise is excellent. With the best care home we have encountered in the UK.

Sunrise of Tettenhall

This home seems to be the best of its kind in the area. The staff are brilliant and seem to really care. My mother has dementia and she is cared for sensitively and when there is a problem it is all hands on deck until that problem is solved. I feel I can leave my mother in their care and know she is being well looked after.

Sunrise of Tettenhall

Our parents have been here for 3 years. The care, attention and stimulation have been consistently excellent. The home is clean, attractive and homely. The food is brilliant and plentiful, served well. Entertainment is regular and stimulating, as are clubs and trips out on the bus. The biggest asset of all is the staff - who must be very well selected and trained. They are 'real' people, who show respect, attention to detail, who give time and love to the residents. A willingness to share, listen and give feedback to us. We couldn't have our parents in a better place!

Submit a Review for Sunrise of Tettenhall

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Sunrise of Tettenhall

There are no jobs posted yet for Sunrise of Tettenhall

Rachel

Rachel Smith

Joined: 2013

I have many years experience as a nurse and manager of care homes and am proud to be the General Manager of Sunrise of Tettenhall. I bring passion and hard work to the role to ensure our residents receive the support they need and enjoy their days here.

Sue

Sue Gallagher

Job Title: Deputy Manager

I feel hugely privileged to be part of a vibrant Community that has Residents’ wellbeing at the very centre of its values. I bring my passion and enthusiasm for best quality to Sunrise of Tettenhall, and I have great confidence in the service we offer our residents through our unique and individual approach to holistic care.

Trudi

Trudi Stuart

Job Title: Assisted Living Co-Ordinator

I have loved working at Sunrise from day one, I am proud of the care and lifestyle we offer our residents and I aim to improve this as each day passes. I love working with seniors and I am pleased to be apart of a great team of people who all strive for the same goals.

Carrie

Carrie Jahn

Job Title: Director of Community Relations

Sunrise of Tettenhall is a real family. We make the most of every day and welcome visitors into our home. This might be for a fundraising event, a choir performance, an informative talk or just a cup of coffee and chat in our bistro. If you or some one you love are starting to think about needing more support or care, now is the time to come and take a look at Sunrise we offer support without taking away independence.

Geraldine

Geraldine Bunning

Job Title: Activities and Volunteers Co-ordinator

Joined: 2012

Geraldine joined Sunrise in January 2012 and brought passion, fun and an infectious personality with her. She has been patient services team leader in Bridgnorth and an activities co-ordinator for another group of homes. Geraldine says her aim is to make a difference to each residents day and nothing makes her happier than when she sees residents smiling, happy and can hear laughter.

Oksana

Oksana Dovey

Job Title: Reminiscence Coordinator

For dementia, it's extremely important we understand the journey the residents are taking, ensuring we meet their specialist needs. I strongly believe we can bring joy and fun back into their lives, so our aim is to give them happy experiences and involve their family and friends where possible – retaining independence and supporting their needs.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Tettenhall