Dulas Court, Hereford, Herefordshire

Dulas Court is set amongst outstanding gardens and is a beautiful stately home tailored to the needs of older people, while also being appropriate for residents living with physical disabilities.

The care home supports the surrounding community in numerous ways, including offering day care to the local community and beyond. A coffee shop within the grounds has proven to be a valuable community resource and provides speciality teas, coffee, and homemade cakes to residents and friends.

Residents enjoy secluded gardens, a varied programme of activities and outings.

The home has won several awards including a national award from the NAPA in 2016 (National Activity Providers Association) for its activity provision for the second year running.

Group: Herefordshire Care Homes

Person in charge: Marie Wood (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Herefordshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 31 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £800 – £1000

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Dulas Court: click here

9.2 Dulas Court has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.187)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Dulas Court is based on 13 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.187 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.348 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.839 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

• The maximum Review Score for a care home / service is 10 and it is based on the published Reviews in the last 2 years. When a Review is submitted by someone who has previously submitted a Review, only the latest Review will count towards the Review Score.

The Review Score of 9.187 for Dulas Court is based on 13 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.348 for Dulas Court is calculated as follows: ( (68 Excellents x 5) + (73 Goods x 4) + (14 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 155 Ratings = 4.348

The Quantity Score of 4.839 for Dulas Court is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Dulas Court?

Reviewer Connection to Dulas Court

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

12 Reviews* is 4.3 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 12 reviews. Ratings from the 1 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

Oh yes I'm happy here. I have my own room. My family are able to come and see me anytime. The staff look after me very well. Everything here is clean. The staff cook lovely food and can always get a cup of tea. We have activities here all the time which we are welcome to join in with.

How likely would you be to recommend Dulas Court? Extremely Likely

I'm very happy here. I feel safe and that is very important. The staff are always helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Dulas Court? Extremely Likely

My family come to see me a lot. The staff look after them too with tea and food. My room is always cleaned. The hairdresser does my hair. I like to listen to the music and always ask if I want to be involved.

How likely would you be to recommend Dulas Court? Likely

The staff are all lovely here. They keep it clean. My privacy is always respected.

How likely would you be to recommend Dulas Court? Extremely Likely

I like to stay in my room but that is my choice. I know things go on downstairs but I don't like to join very often. I like the food although I don't always eat it all but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. The staff always check on me.

How likely would you be to recommend Dulas Court? Extremely Likely

The staff are very kind and helpful and the friendly atmosphere has given me the confidence to talk to other people living here. I like the resident meetings where I can voice any concerns I have.

How likely would you be to recommend Dulas Court? Extremely Likely

I like the gardening club - especially the planting of seeds and plugs. I like watching them grow and flower. I like to sit outside in the garden and rely on the staff to take me out in the wheelchair.

How likely would you be to recommend Dulas Court? Likely

I can't imagine anywhere being any better.

How likely would you be to recommend Dulas Court? Likely

It is a very beautiful place to live and I am impressed by the patience and kindness of the staff. I am very well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Dulas Court? Likely

I like my room, it's nice and big with a lovely ensuite. The garden is magnificent and I like planting the seeds and flowers in the gardening club - we are growing pumpkins at the moment and planting up the bedding plants for the winter. I have a workshop where I make bird tables, birdhouses, and boxes for the garden - it keeps me busy.

How likely would you be to recommend Dulas Court? Extremely Likely

Staff are very kind and I am very happy to stay here and be looked after like I am. I like the activities, the food and the coffee shop where I go and have a scone and butter and a pot of tea.

How likely would you be to recommend Dulas Court? Extremely Likely

My daughter visited every home in Herefordshire and Wales and said this was the best, and I agree with her.

How likely would you be to recommend Dulas Court? Extremely Likely

Very caring staff and a wide range of activities food is first class. Impressive period building with very large grounds and gardens. Large rooms with four day rooms and dining room reasonable rates. Building and furnishings regularly refurbished. I would happily spend my closing years at Dulas. It is like your own home no "lights out" regime and free to "roam" and live in bungalows.

No Average Rating is available*

Submit a Review for Dulas Court

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Dulas Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Dulas Court