Burcot Grange, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire

Burcot Grange offers a picturesque setting for quality residential care and senior assisted living. Many homely comforts and skilled care workers help clients achieve an interesting retirement, enjoying a unique blend of luxury country house accommodation.

The spacious accommodation has a choice of single occupancy and assisted living suites, while respite care is also available. While being committed to quality care and well-run services, the provider understands the value of an active and varied social life.

The home has good staff retention and personal choice and dignity are central to all decisions taken.

Owner: Burcot Grange Care Home Ltd

Person in charge: Victoria Osborne (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Worcestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 40 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £840 – £1200

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Burcot Grange: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.9 for Burcot Grange) is based on 7 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Burcot Grange

Burcot Grange is situated in beautiful grounds in which the wonderful staff are always ready to help in any way. If you were to ever consider residential care for your loved ones I would thoroughly recommend. Burcot Grange as a high quality facility priding itself in the care of its residents.

Burcot Grange

Very friendly, caring, open feeling. A good atmosphere, clean and well maintained throughout.

Safety / Security: Poor

Burcot Grange

I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Burcot Grange. The food has been to my taste and all the staff have been really kind, cheerful and helpful. There is no area of care that I can criticise and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Burcot Grange to anyone else.

Burcot Grange

My parents have only been residents of Burcot since 1st July 2015. We were all impressed by our first visit to Burcot so much that we all decided that mum and dad should live there. From the very first day they were welcomed by all the staff and immediately felt like one of the family. We now feel that this has been the best move they could have made for their future, care, happiness and quality of life. At the age of 91 they are set in their ways and they know that at Burcot no one will try to change this and that makes us contented.

Burcot Grange

I have just been to visit my mother who is now a resident of Burcot Grange. There is something rather special about going in through the big old front door that is always open, into this wonderful Victorian country home. Staff are usually smiling and laughing, and always offer me a tea or coffee. I go up the beautiful staircase to my mother’s room, and find her sitting at her table painting. She is excited, as although she has painted all her life, one of the staff have suggested transforming her exquisite flower images into cards, to sell at the Summer fete for charity. She has never sold any of her work, so at the age of nearly ninety – this is a first! She has a book that is giving her inspiration from her last library outing. One of the staff said that if she did a fuchsia, she would definitely buy a card, so this fulsome red flower has now been immortalised to ensure at least one sale! After being refreshed with coffee and biscuits, we decide to go for a walk in the grounds. I hold her arm and we negotiate the stairs, while admiring the characters in the stain glass window, and wondering what their stories would tell. As we pass the front door, the delightful manager smiles and I know we have been discretely ‘clocked’ out. It is a warm day and I let my mother choose which of the winding paths to take. The strawberry plants, so carefully nurtured in the gardening club, have already yielded their fruit, but we spot some tomatoes starting to ripen. The bluebells have now seeded and the rhododendron flowers have gone, but the blaze of colour from the geraniums and begonias are just coming to their peak. We sit and rest a while on a bench, amongst the ancient trees, and soak up the tranquillity and sun. Free from any worries about her safety or care, my mother has time to talk about her childhood, and I learn yet more about life in Canada in the 1930s, and the ideas and aspirations that my grandparents held. We discuss how the generations change and yet do not change. It is due to the great personalised care that my mother receives that I am able to enjoy these wonderful visits. She is kept safe and secure and yet allowed freedom to live to her potential. This is owing to the integrity of all the carers, and particularly comes from the top down. She feels valued in an attentive environment. When she was admitted to hospital with pneumonia 3 months ago, I was staggered to discover that the head of care had already visited before me, and was negotiating for her early discharge once her intravenous antibiotics were no longer necessary. This home is simply outstanding and we feel privileged to be a part of it.

Burcot Grange

My mother has just spent five weeks on respite care while my dad was in hospital at Burcot. The staff were extremely helpful and caring and supportive towards me and my mother whilst staying there. I would have no hesitation in recommending Burcot as a wonderful place to stay. The grounds and home itself were very highly kept to a very good standard.

Burcot Grange

I found that the standards at the care home were very high, the staff attentive and helpful, and very knowledgeable. The home has an open door policy and I am always made to feel welcome whatever time I visit. When I have eaten there I have found the food to be of a very high standard, such as would be served in a quality restaurant, and the views down through the lovely gardens are wonderful. My friends who live at the care home are very satisfied with the service and their standard of living.

Submit a Review for Burcot Grange

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Burcot Grange

There are no jobs posted yet for Burcot Grange

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Burcot Grange