Ravenhurst Residential Care Home, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire

Ravenhurst Care Home was once a private home, the original building of which dates from the early 1900's.

The building has been added to in recent years with two purpose built extensions, where most of the rooms are located. Ravenhurst is located on the North West side of Stourport-on-Severn, in the quiet, residential area of Lickhill.

The home is situated in its own mature grounds and residents have access to the quiet, well-maintained gardens. Ravenhurst offers both short and long stay care for 50 residents.

Stourport town centre offers shops and other local facilities less than a mile away. There is a bus-stop next to the home where services to the town centre or to Kidderminster are available.

Group: Sanctuary Care Ltd

Person in charge: Andrew Green (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Worcestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 48 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Ravenhurst Residential Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.3 for Ravenhurst Residential Care Home is based on 11 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.291 is made up of 4.833 Points relating to the ratings and 4.458 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Good all round care with very good staff.

High quality compassionate care from local people. Residents treated as individuals with their likes and dislikes always taken into account. Lots of fun and jollity - greetings by first name and regular cuddles for residents. No matter when we visited the home, always had the same caring feeling. Strongly recommend if family member needs care - specialize in dementia. Worked hard to let mum die in the home not hospital.

My Dad has improved so much since going to Ravenhurst. The quality of care is excellent from all the staff - management, care staff, kitchen staff and cleaners. Many thanks for giving me my Dad back

After viewing several care homes, my sister, myself, and mom chose this home. We were shown all over the rest home and found that from management to an army of staff this was the one for mom. Mom has made new friends and is very happy. She thinks she is in a five star hotel! Nothing is too much trouble in helping the residents and we've found everyone to be very kind. Mom will be 92 in April. Bless her. We chose well.

My mother suddenly lost the vision in one eye and needed to have residential care as a matter of urgency. I knew of the good reputation of Ravenurst, having lived in the area for forty years. I was so impressed with the love and care she received from the beginning. Nothing seemed too much trouble. The interaction of the staff is wonderful and my family and I are always made welcome. She had always been very independent but has said how happy she is living there. When the broke her hip, she totally lost confidence and the hospital achieved very little progress with rehabilitation. All she wanted was to get back home - to Ravenhurst! The hard work of the staff there achieved a lot more towards her regaining an element of independence!

My mother is blind and suffering with worsening dementia. The staff and carers are very kind to my mum and me. I like visiting because it is so calm, I feel I have been gently massaged. Mum lived with me for 4 years but because of the pleasant attitude and atmosphere it has made it easier for me to relinquish mum's care to those at Ravenhurst. They are very "on the ball" with her daily health and pick up straight away if something is amiss or out of the ordinary.

Very good care for my mum. ALL the staff take the time to talk to us. We are greeted so well on every visit!

Since my mother has moved into the home she is a lot happier, safe and peace of mind for me. When living at her home she was not eating, drinking, going to bed or locking her door, even though I called in 3 times a day. The staff are very kind and attentive and mother says the food is very good. The refurbishment will make the downstairs look more inviting.

This is my Aunt's fifth week at Ravenhurst. When we arrived everyone was so welcoming. She was introduced to staff and other residents, asked what she wanted to do first,have lunch, look at her room, do paperwork etc. She has settled in very well, all helped by the caring/loving attitude of the staff.

My father has been here since 2008. He can be very difficult at times. The care here has been amazing and the carers they have formed such a bond with dad, this is now his home. Food is amazing you are always welcome to stay for meals if requested. All staff excellent and friendly. Very touchy/feeling staff, tactile and caring but not 'in your face'. There for residents. Very helpful to me when I placed my parents in care. They understand the anguish and guilt you can feel.
Highly recommend this home and I had experience of 3 others, this is the icing on the cake. All care homes should be run like this one.

My mother is blind and suffering with worsening dementia. The staff and carers are very kind to my mum and me. I like visiting because it is so calm, I feel I have been gently massaged. Mum lived with me for 4 years but because of the pleasant attitude and atmosphere it has made it easier for me to relinquish. They are very "on the ball" with her daily health and pick up straight away if something is amiss or out of the ordinary.

Submit a Review for Ravenhurst Residential Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Ravenhurst Residential Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ravenhurst Residential Care Home