Dove House, Ashbourne, Staffordshire

Dove House is a converted Victorian residence, situated in picturesque countryside, where adults with care needs can achieve a relaxing and satisfying lifestyle assisted by a skilled team and personalised provision.

The focus is on a friendly and home-from-home atmosphere, whether for residential or nursing requirements, or specialist needs like dementia, mental health and physical disability.

Within a property of charm and character, clients have their personal preferences respected and access to a secure garden and conservatory.

Group: Midland Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Monica Taylor (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 42 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Admission Information: Residents aged 65 years and over.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £395 , Personal Care Shared (per person) from £395

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Dove House: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.7 for Dove House) is based on 6 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Dove House

My mother has been in this care home for several years, it is clean, (no unpleasant odours) and recently been re-furbished giving it a bright and homely atmosphere. Mother has elderly mental health problems which are at times complex, the manager is confident and understanding in dealing with this which makes me confident that mum is well looked after by staff in the home. I do not live locally, 300 miles travelling, but when I phone to see how mum is the manager and staff always have time to discuss anything with me which is important to me because of the distance. On arriving to visit mum staff are always welcoming and always know which room mum is in, having hair done or whether she is in the lounge etc. The grounds of Dove House are particularly nice giving it a nice setting. Mum's bedroom is nicely decorated and she enjoys watching the squirrels from her bedroom window, this is my mums "home". Food is good too I had lunch on my last visit.

Dove House

My dad went ino Dove House last July when his previous independent living home closed down. Timing was good as he felt he needed for care, especially 24hrs. He has not got dementia as many here do but as soon as I saw his room we as a family knew it was for him. The staff have bee superb with him and his little idiosyncrasies and notifiy us of any concerns. Dad is very content and happy here. I was really touched when I was reminded the other day that this is dad's home now and they will always do their best for him. This arose after dad had to be admitted to hospital with an infection. He is currently still in but each time I collect some stuff for him some of the staff seek me out and send their love to him. It is so touching. Dad has never been affected by the quirks of some of the other residents in fact he felt he was helping the staff in some way. Dad was also partially sighted which did not impede him whilst there. Highly recommended.

Dove House

The home now is a warm friendly place to live and for us to visit, you can go any time, the staff are very good at dealing with the user. My mum has been there a long time, the food is great I know as I have stayed for lunch and tea.

Dove House

A big thank you to the manager and all of the staff for making my mothers stay at Dove House a happy experience. The prompt action by the manager and staff at Dove House most certainly helped to save our mothers life when she was in our opinion prematurely discharged from Hospital on 7th June 2014 You can not get a higher commendation than that The manager and staff go that extra mile when caring for our mother

Dove House

My dad has been at Dove House for the last two weeks after my dad going seriously down hill with his illness. As a family we felt it was the time for him to go into a home which suits his needs, as he has mixed dementia. Dove house was recommended by colleagues within my work.After being a very upset and agitated man on arrival at Dove house the family feel that a miracle has happened as the manager and her team have completely settled my dad in his new home. The home is warm caring and friendly and nothing is to much trouble as we are always visiting and phoning and we are always greeted with a smile and a warm drink. The home is well organised and the staff always seem happy.The manager has helped us to understand my dads dementia. Their dedication and support has been overwhelming. Dads room has a lovely view of the court yard is fresh and airy and there is no smells in the home.

Dove House

The Care Home has been excellent in every way in caring for my father who is suffering with dementia. The staff seem to genuinely care for my father, whilst at the same time have patience and understanding for both myself and the rest of our family. The home itself is peaceful, well organised and welcoming. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Dove House.

Submit a Review for Dove House