Florence House

Porthill Bank, Porthill, Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 0AE

Florence House, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire

Florence House has thirty-six comfortable bedrooms and a highly-qualified team of carers, experienced and thoroughly resourced to specialise in both residential and dementia care.

High care standards are practised within a living environment that supports personal freedoms, an active lifestyle and even has its own salon.

Long-term and short stays are available from a team that take pride in their community reputation and adherence to regulatory requirements.

Group: Safe Harbor

Person in charge: Mandy Dennis (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 36 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Florence House: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Florence House is based on 15 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.654 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.821 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.833 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.654 for Florence House is based on 15 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.821 for Florence House is calculated as follows: ( (134 Excellents x 5) + (27 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 162 Ratings = 4.821

The Quantity Score of 4.833 for Florence House is calculated as follows:

My partner has been a resident at Florence House for 18 months and I've found the staff there are very friendly, helpful and very welcoming. There's always a happy atmosphere and my partner has settled there and feels safe. I never thought that would happen.

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Extremely Likely

After putting my mum into Florence House care home it was like having a load lifted off my shoulders to know she was safe, looked after, kept clean, medication sorted, fed properly. All the staff are all friendly and helpful and if I need to know anything it would be sorted straight away. I am really pleased that my mum is cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Extremely Likely

Mum is very happy at the home, she has a nice big room and has definitely improved since being here. She is much more mobile than she was at home and has recently begun to communicate more than she has for years, obviously the activities have helped with this as she has told me a little bit about them. I am happy that she is in a good place where I don't have to worry that she is taken care of. Thank you!

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Extremely Likely

The staff are always smiling, helpful and approachable. Residents appear happy and content to be there and are always treated with respect and dignity. All of the staff muck in and help out where needed.

Always some sort of activity going on within the home and residents are also taken to outside activities as well.

All in all a great place to be!!!! My mind is at ease knowing that once I have visited my loved one they are in great hands after I have left!!!

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Extremely Likely

Always made to feel welcome, warm and friendly atmosphere. Staff and the service is faultless.
The residents always seem at ease and happy, staff meet their every need.
There is always somebody around to talk to and query things.

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Extremely Likely

Plenty of privacy, pleasant staff and always a cup of tea available when requested also bath and shower when requested.

They look after you the best they can so that nothing happens to you. I would be sad to leave here.

It's very good. The staff are good at their job. I think its very clean and kept on top off. The food is fairly good here.

It's excellent and I am really happy to be here. It's very nice where I sit in the dining room where I eat. I really enjoy the entertainment we have here and to sing a long. I love to dance too.

I volunteer at Florence House along with my friend. We find the home to be lovely and the staff are wonderful. The thought of getting old is not a pleasant one, but knowing there are places like Florence House, makes it easier. The home welcomes you as soon as you enter and the staff are wonderful. Well done and keep it up, your home and staff are a credit to you.

I was dreading the thought of my mother being in a care home, but the management and all staff are wonderful to my mother and have been very helpful to me and the rest of our family. I know that my mother is safe, happy and being well cared for.

I had reservations when it was time for my nan to go into a home. After looking at all the homes available, Florence House was the only one which we warmed to. The staff were lovely and soon put my mind at rest. Nan is well looked after and she has never looked better. credit to the staff and manager who made the process easy to swallow. I cannot recommend Florence House enough. Thank you.

When my father was taken poorly and needed a residential home, I was very worried as I did not know what to expect. The staff at Florence House made the process very easy, they were extremely professional and helped my dad settle in very quickly. He is a new man again, as the care and support they give him has given him a new lease of life. I could not recommend them highly enough. Thank you Florence House.

My dad has been in Florence house for 14 months now. The staff and management are outstanding. Nothing is too much trouble for them and that's how it should be. My dad had his 1st birthday at the home. He was 93. They baked him a cake and had a little party in the lounge for him, relatives and any other residents who wanted to attend. He was given a crown to wear and he was king for the day. A really great day for dad and family. There is a whole lot more that could be said, just touching the iceberg.

Two years of exceptional care, a very active 88 year old who enjoys a 12 hour day. Tea at 6am, quality food, my own room with bureau writing desk allowing me to maintain contact with our editor of regional newspaper (The Sentinel).

Submit a Review for Florence House

There are no jobs posted yet for Florence House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Florence House