Florence House, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire

Florence House has thirty-six comfortable bedrooms and a highly-qualified team of carers, experienced and thoroughly resourced to specialise in both residential and dementia care.

High care standards are practised within a living environment that supports personal freedoms, an active lifestyle and even has its own salon.

Long-term and short stays are available from a team that take pride in their community reputation and adherence to regulatory requirements.

Group: Safe Harbor

Person in charge: Mandy Dennis (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 36 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Florence House: click here

posted 06 Jul 2015

residential dementia

The user 'Review Score' (9.8 for Florence House) is based on 16 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Florence House

I visited this home with a friend. The staff were lovely they greeted us with smile and we received a warm welcome. The home had a lovely atmosphere and the residents all seemed content and happy. It was a nice feeling seeing all the residents so settled. This home is a credit to care homes. The interaction between staff and residents was heart warming to see. Excellent home and excellent staff. Well done Florence House.

Florence House

I had reservations when we had to look for a home for my dad, however the staff at Florence made it very easy for us. As soon as he went into Florence House we knew it was the place for dad. The staff here are excellent and made us feel at ease. Mandy the manager answered all our questions with professionalism and we knew we had found the right home. I cannot praise all the staff and home enough.

Florence House

Plenty of privacy, pleasant staff and always a cup of tea available when requested also bath and shower when requested.

Florence House

They look after you the best they can so that nothing happens to you. I would be sad to leave here.

Florence House

It's very good. The staff are good at their job. I think its very clean and kept on top off. The food is fairly good here.

Florence House

It's excellent and I am really happy to be here. It's very nice where I sit in the dining room where I eat. I really enjoy the entertainment we have here and to sing a long. I love to dance too.

Florence House

I was dreading the thought of my mother being in a care home, but the management and all staff are wonderful to my mother and have been very helpful to me and the rest of our family. I know that my mother is safe, happy and being well cared for.

Florence House

I had reservations when it was time for my nan to go into a home. After looking at all the homes available, Florence House was the only one which we warmed to. The staff were lovely and soon put my mind at rest. Nan is well looked after and she has never looked better. credit to the staff and manager who made the process easy to swallow. I cannot recommend Florence House enough. Thank you.

Florence House

When my father was taken poorly and needed a residential home, I was very worried as I did not know what to expect. The staff at Florence House made the process very easy, they were extremely professional and helped my dad settle in very quickly. He is a new man again, as the care and support they give him has given him a new lease of life. I could not recommend them highly enough. Thank you Florence House.

Florence House

My dad has been in Florence house for 14 months now. The staff and management are outstanding. Nothing is too much trouble for them and that's how it should be. My dad had his 1st birthday at the home. He was 93. They baked him a cake and had a little party in the lounge for him, relatives and any other residents who wanted to attend. He was given a crown to wear and he was king for the day. A really great day for dad and family. There is a whole lot more that could be said, just touching the iceberg.

Florence House

Two years of exceptional care, a very active 88 year old who enjoys a 12 hour day. Tea at 6am, quality food, my own room with bureau writing desk allowing me to maintain contact with our editor of regional newspaper (The Sentinel).

Florence House

The home is run very well and staff are very helpful and caring.

Florence House

I would recommend Florence House to anyone, the service my mum gets is excellent always doing new things with them.

Florence House

Penny was happier in Florence House than at home, we knew that she was well cared for, well fed and safe. She made friends there very quickly.

Florence House

My father had to go into the home as an emergency when my mother had a massive stroke so it was a very worrying and upsetting time for us all. However the staff were fantastic and made my father so welcome and made such a life changing time so much easier. He is now a permanent resident and it is a testament to the staff that he is so settled and happy there. He considers them his friends and they are! The level of care is amazing, they are so on the ball with any health issues and act immediately if there are any problems. It is so much less stressful for his family knowing he is being looked after so well. We can visit whenever we like and he is always clean, well fed and happy. The staff interact with the residents in a lovely manner and treat them with dignity and patience, which isn't always easy with dementia patients! I feel so lucky that dad is there.

Florence House

I visited with my friend who was visiting her mum. The standard of care was excellent, I always had reservations about care homes after reading the news, the negative reports, but after visiting Florence House I was completely surprised. The standards of care was outstanding, the interaction from staff with residents was a pleasure to see. I was overwhelmed with the compassion shown.

Submit a Review for Florence House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Florence House

Deputy Care Home Manager

£8.50 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Florence House