Homewood, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

Tel: 01926 423519

Homewood is a fifty capacity Leamington Spa care home that employs a qualified team, taking pride in a personalised and effective care service, within an environment that is friendly and supports an active lifestyle.

Older people with care needs can enjoy en-suite and shower facilities, comfortable communal areas, as well as a coffee shop and garden room that are located on-site.

Group: M H A / Methodist Homes

Person in charge: Mary Khan (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warwickshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 50 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Homewood: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Homewood

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Homewood

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.5 for Homewood) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Fantastic Care in a Contemporary Setting
My mum became a resident at Homewood in February 2014 and had always aspired to doing so should she become widowed. From first inquiry until today we have found the staff at Homewood to be highly professional, friendly and caring. My mum has settled into the home very happily and enjoys participating in many of the activities that are organised. The home is also well supported by the local Methodist Church which is important to her (Mum was a Methodist Lay Preacher). Our elderly neighbours and their son were so impressed by mum's experience of the home that when the need arose they also chose to go to Homewood. The reputation of Homewood in the local communities is very high, which suggests that our experience is shared by many others.

How likely would you be to recommend Homewood? Extremely likely

Submitted by Pam Price (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 19 November 2014. Review relates to November 2014.

Review of Homewood

I strongly recommend the care provided at Homewood.
My mother has lived at Homewood for ten years. As her infirmity increases she is cared for by the staff in a responsive, loving and caring manner. The staff understand her and her individual needs well. Mum's family have the security of knowing that Mum is content and safe: all her needs are attended to. It is easy for us to link with Homewood: staff are always available to respond to queries, and to liaise with about practical matters. They are friendly and supportive to Mum's relatives. Mum has made many friends among the other residents. She is able to participate in activities she enjoys. She has the companionship of the chaplain when she needs it.

How likely would you be to recommend Homewood? Extremely likely

Submitted by Heather Goodman (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 21 October 2014. Review relates to October 2014.

Wonderful care at Homewood
My mother spent four and a half years at Homewood. Prior to moving there she had been lonely, found it difficult to care for herself, look after her house or cater adequately for her own nutrition needs. She had always said that when the time came to go into residential care it should be to an MHA home if at all possible. Within a few weeks my mother had regained her alertness and sense of humour, and looked better than she had done for a couple of years. She enjoyed the food, which she said was well-cooked and plentiful, with alternatives provided and individual attention to dietary needs (and having shared a number of meals with her over the years I can confirm that this was the case). Homewood always seemed to be fresh and clean. My mother's room although not huge was entirely adequate, if a little on the dark side, and with a good en-suite wash/shower room. Activities were provided each day, but there was no compulsion to join in. My mother appreciated the pastoral care given by the Chaplain. I was so pleased that she was evidently happy, and I knew she was getting excellent care. Staff tended to stay for some time, treated my mother with dignity and cheerfulness, and always greeted me by name. Aspects of my mother's care plan were discussed with me when appropriate, and there were meetings for relatives. My mother enjoyed good physical health at Homewood until the last few weeks, when she went into hospital for tests which confirmed a serious condition. After a few days she went back to the loving care of the MHA staff at Homewood, who did everything they could to ease the last couple of weeks. I was able to be with her for much of that time and at the moment of her passing. Throughout that time the staff were very supportive and kind towards me and my wife, keeping us fully involved in my mother's care. Indeed it was a great privilege to experience at first hand the wonderful and affectionate care that she received from all the staff - over the last four and a half years my mother had frequently said that Methodism could be proud of the way it looked after the elderly people in its care, and in this she was entirely correct. I hope that there will be somewhere as good as Homewood if I ever need residential care.

How likely would you be to recommend Homewood? Extremely likely

Submitted by Jonathan Parkhouse (Son of Resident/Service User) on Monday 20 October 2014. Review relates to October 2014.

Review of Homewood

Homewood is modern, purpose built 3 floor home that is properly equipped and a delight in comparison to the converted rabling draughty stately homes or rabbit hutches that can be found. Is it perfect? No. I have yet to find the perfect home (and I strongly suspect we couldn't afford it if we did). But it really does the job of caring for my mother. The rooms are not overly large but they suffice and, more importantly, are always at a comfortable temperature, be it winter or summer. The en suites are excellent. Some residents have the TV on a tad loud but it doesn't affect their neighbours. Doors and passage ways are wide. The home has the necessary kit to assist residents with mobility and comfort. Residents are treated with old fashioned respect, care and compassion. They are well looked after on their good days and on their bad days by staff who are cheerful and professional, often in the face of some quite significant challenges as residents suffer the afflictions of old age. Homewood is a caring, clean home where my mother is safe. I can go on holiday without any worry. It is very, very unusual for it to fail the 'sniff test' and that reflects the very high standards of cleaning and promptness of attention to problems. The staff respect Mother's requests about how she is to be treated and she is called by her first name. Not 'love', 'my duck' or other modern terms of endearment. The current manager has really put the home on an excellent footing after a period of rapid turnover and high agency utilisation which left relatives concerned. The staff turnover seems very low and they know their residents and the relatives. It is difficult to thank them enough for what they do. There are regular resident/relative meetings and a genuinely open door to discuss problems or suggestions. I have seen many care homes costing a lot more and somewhat less. Come the awful day that I need this kind of care, I won't be worried if my family puts me in Homewood.

Submitted by Anon (Son of Resident/Service User) on Friday 5 September 2014.

Review of Homewood

My mother has been in Homewood since it opened over 4 years ago. I visit my mother most days and am constantly impressed by the quality of care. Problems & concerns, that I may have, are listened to and addressed. The building is clean and smells fresh. The atmosphere created by the team is caring and positive. It is a place where I know Mum is in good hands and where I feel welcome.

Submitted by Denis Secher (Son of resident) on Friday 5 September 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Homewood

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Homewood

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Homewood