Homewood, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

Tel: 01926 423519

Homewood is a fifty capacity Leamington Spa care home that employs a qualified team, taking pride in a personalised and effective care service, within an environment that is friendly and supports an active lifestyle.

Older people with care needs can enjoy en-suite and shower facilities, comfortable communal areas, as well as a coffee shop and garden room that are located on-site.

Group: M H A / Methodist Homes

Person in charge: Mary Khan (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warwickshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 50 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Homewood: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Homewood

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Homewood

The user 'Recommendation Score' (7.9 for Homewood) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Homewood on Friday 5 September 2014 by Anon (Son of a resident)

Homewood is modern, purpose built 3 floor home that is properly equipped and a delight in comparison to the converted rabling draughty stately homes or rabbit hutches that can be found. Is it perfect? No. I have yet to find the perfect home (and I strongly suspect we couldn't afford it if we did). But it really does the job of caring for my mother. The rooms are not overly large but they suffice and, more importantly, are always at a comfortable temperature, be it winter or summer. The en suites are excellent. Some residents have the TV on a tad loud but it doesn't affect their neighbours. Doors and passage ways are wide. The home has the necessary kit to assist residents with mobility and comfort. Residents are treated with old fashioned respect, care and compassion. They are well looked after on their good days and on their bad days by staff who are cheerful and professional, often in the face of some quite significant challenges as residents suffer the afflictions of old age. Homewood is a caring, clean home where my mother is safe. I can go on holiday without any worry. It is very, very unusual for it to fail the 'sniff test' and that reflects the very high standards of cleaning and promptness of attention to problems. The staff respect Mother's requests about how she is to be treated and she is called by her first name. Not 'love', 'my duck' or other modern terms of endearment. The current manager has really put the home on an excellent footing after a period of rapid turnover and high agency utilisation which left relatives concerned. The staff turnover seems very low and they know their residents and the relatives. It is difficult to thank them enough for what they do. There are regular resident/relative meetings and a genuinely open door to discuss problems or suggestions. I have seen many care homes costing a lot more and somewhat less. Come the awful day that I need this kind of care, I won't be worried if my family puts me in Homewood.

Review of Homewood on Friday 5 September 2014 by Denis Secher (Son of resident)

My mother has been in Homewood since it opened over 4 years ago. I visit my mother most days and am constantly impressed by the quality of care. Problems & concerns, that I may have, are listened to and addressed. The building is clean and smells fresh. The atmosphere created by the team is caring and positive. It is a place where I know Mum is in good hands and where I feel welcome.

Submit a Recommendation for Homewood

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Homewood and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Homewood

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Homewood