The Lawns, Whitnash, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
The Lawns
The Lawns

Tel: 01926 425072 / 334624

The Lawns is a thirty-four room Whitnash care home, staffed by a team of caring, experienced and professional careers. The Lawns meets long-term care needs with high standards and the promotion of a fulfilling daily lifestyle.

The home is part of care provider Runwood Homes' expanding range, which is highly-regarded in the sector for the difference made to the lives of older and vulnerable people.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Helena Hitchcox (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warwickshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 76 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on The Lawns: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by The Lawns

(Residential and dementia care)
posted 24 Sep 2014

February 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.9 for The Lawns) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of The Lawns

Mum is cared for with respect and genuine care. The Lawns feels like a home and residents can personalize their own space. The majority of staff are quite special in their relationships with the residents. I always feel that mum is safe and happy given her limitations.

Submitted by Jenny C (Daughter of resident) on Monday 12 May 2014.

Review of The Lawns

As I live abroad, it is very comforting to know that my mother is being well cared for at The Lawns. The facilities and attention given to my mum by all the staff are excellent. The catering is very good and there is plenty of entertainment going on. The residents I have seen on my visits seem contented and well turned out. The management are considerate and have been very helpful of my situation.

Submitted by Lynne David (daughter of resident) on Monday 16 December 2013.

Review of The Lawns

I'm pleased with all the staff and I'm quite happy where I am, I'm well looked after. We get on well with the staff. We don't want for anything really. There's always something on.

Submitted by Bert Brind (Resident) on Thursday 17 October 2013.

Review of The Lawns

Would recommend the home, I really enjoyed.

Submitted by Edie O (Restpite service user) on Thursday 25 July 2013.

Review of The Lawns

I have been here since May 20th 2011. I was smoking 60 cigarettes a day, now I don't smoke anymore. I love it here. The staff and Paul are lovely we all get on well and when I am down they all cheer me up. If Run Wood hadn't been taken over I don't know where we would be today. I can't wait for the new home to be built. The staff are number 1 and Paul.

Submitted by Dianna L (Resident) on Friday 17 May 2013.

Review of The Lawns

I think we are looked after very well. Much better then I expected to be. I've heard of places where the care is not as good as here. I like the variety of food.

Submitted by Christine D (Resident) on Friday 26 April 2013.

Review of The Lawns

They are so kind, all the helpers including the manager. I've got you to thank for a hell of a lot. It would have been easier for me to go to another home, but I'm glad I went to The Lawns. They are all very honest. I'm quite satisfied. Food is perfect, I'm very lucky to be in the position that I'm getting help. Dave's very helpful.

Submitted by Bill Bourne (Resident) on Thursday 18 April 2013.

Review of The Lawns

What a pleasure to have one of the residents Diane acting as receptionist, she always has a smile. The staff are a delight and my father has not been happier in the years since my mother passed away.

Submitted by Carole Till (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 4 April 2013.

Review of The Lawns

Bill has been in The Lawns since January and I have visited each week so far. Each time I have visited, the staff have been very friendly and helpful and the home I find to be very clean. It's very nice to be greeted in reception on each visit.

Submitted by Claire D (Friend of resident) on Thursday 4 April 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for The Lawns

(please write a short headline summary)

Maintenance Person

7.43

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Laundry Assistant

6.75

Care Assistant (Bank)

7.00

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Temporary)

Housekeeper