Orchard Blythe, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Orchard Blythe care home is located in Birmingham and is committed to quality long-term provision, treating all residents as an individual and respecting their privacy and dignity.

The home is part of care provider Runwood Homes' expanding range, which is highly-regarded in the sector for the difference made to the lives of older and vulnerable people.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Hayley Ann Ford (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warwickshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 50 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Close to Local shops • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Orchard Blythe: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.4 for Orchard Blythe) is based on 16 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Orchard Blythe

Fantastic help and support from the manager a big thank you for excepting my mum. Nice clean home and room fantastic standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Likely

Orchard Blythe

I have found from the manager and all her staff to be very helpful and supportive on the preparation and moving my mother-in-law to this home, she now seems to be settling in and she loves the food.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Likely

Orchard Blythe

Homely welcoming relaxed care home. Staff work so hard ensuring all residents are happy they go over and above to deliver love and happiness into the residents lives. Any concerns are dealt with promptly and professionally and I have never been made to feel like I am being a nuisance nothing is any trouble in fact if I myself require care in my later years this care home is where I want to live. Manager Hayley along with deputy manager Angela are a credit to Orchard Blythe both ladies are so committed to Orchard Blythe. Food is marvelous with lots of choice, Activities is superb recently having an open day welcoming all into the home with cakes and wine along with a entertainer this was wonderful for all to enjoy, Lisa new activity lady is passionate with in her role and this is shown each time I meet her. I feel the need to comment on this care home due to all the bad press we always receive involving care and I myself was very apprehensive but no more!!!!! because there are excellent care homes in the UK and I feel privileged that I have found one. Orchard Blythe. Thank you.

Orchard Blythe

Fantastic friendly committed care home my sister is so happy living at Orchard Blythe, she has became more relaxed gaining weight with the excellent food and dedicated staff that work there. Manager and Deputy Manager are always welcoming approachable at all times. I would recommend Orchard Blythe with out a doubt.

Orchard Blythe

Orchard Blythe not only provide excellent care to my mother they go over and above to try and individualise care. Examples are: 1) We would like Mom to have additional activities outside the home and have employed a carer to do this, care home staff have gone out of their way to introduce this carer gradually to mum in order to build trust- this has taken weeks to plan and implement- their input has been invaluable. 2) 3 monthly reviews and family with any concerns acted upon 3) Their understanding of Mums behaviours truly enhances the care they deliver- they are skilled at what they do 4) I am extremely grateful for all their efforts and time.

Orchard Blythe

I would recommend your nursing home as you took very good care of my mother, Agnes Morrison.

Orchard Blythe

They where good to my mum, and looked after her until she passed away.

Orchard Blythe

I am pleased to see my mother in warm, clean and caring surroundings. Really fresh and bright.

Orchard Blythe

Orchard Blythe provides an excellent, caring environment. The change of ownership caused some difficulties but this has now settled down and care has returned to the previous high standard. Disappointment must be expressed that the new owners promise of room upgrades has not been delivered.

Orchard Blythe

Fantastic care facility, Viv and all the staff are excellent, meticulous to details and treat all the guests with the utmost care and dignity.

Orchard Blythe

I have looked at a number of care homes for my mother. Orchard Blythe is excellent, managers and the care staff are more than excellent. Please try to provide all our care homes with the same excellent standard as Orchard Blythe.

Orchard Blythe

Living 200 miles away, I am unable to visit my mother as often as I would like. It is reassuring to know that she is being well cared for by the team at Orchard Blythe. The staff always have time to discuss my mothers care with me and the home is a very pleasant and welcoming place. It is good to know that my mother is in good hands and being cared for with the dignity and respect that I would expect. The rooms are always clean and of a very high standard. It doesn't feel like an old peoples' home! Couldn't ask for more.

Orchard Blythe

All staff are very good.

Orchard Blythe

I wish I could find fault but I can't. I would put myself in her any time.

Orchard Blythe

The home meets all my mother's needs.

Orchard Blythe

Mum has been in a moving on bed for almost a week. I am very impressed with the facility. A lovely warm atmosphere and staff who really care. They have a warm gentle funny way with them. This is clearly a happy, efficient well run home. Mum is already making good progress. I know she will go from strength to strength in this caring home from home.

Submit a Review for Orchard Blythe

February 2014

There are no jobs posted yet for Orchard Blythe

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Orchard Blythe