Orchard Blythe, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Orchard Blythe care home is located in Birmingham and is committed to quality long-term provision, treating all residents as an individual and respecting their privacy and dignity.

The home is part of care provider Runwood Homes' expanding range, which is highly-regarded in the sector for the difference made to the lives of older and vulnerable people.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Hayley Ann Ford (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warwickshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 50 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Close to Local shops • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Orchard Blythe: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Orchard Blythe is based on 18 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.558 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.838 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.72 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.558 for Orchard Blythe is based on 18 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.838 for Orchard Blythe is calculated as follows: ( (182 Excellents x 5) + (33 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 216 Ratings = 4.838

The Quantity Score of 4.72 for Orchard Blythe is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

My sister and I went to view Orchard Blythe for our mother who has dementia. As soon as we walked in we thought it was lovely, fresh modern with a lovely garden, the room for mom had an en-suite, nicely decorated, we were shown around the whole place, staff were very pleasant and chatty. Residents we spoke to all said they were well looked after and happy. Mom moved in a month ago and she has settled really well, she loves her own room, also the food and care carers. In the month that she has been there, we have got to know the staff and feel very pleased that we know mom is happy and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Mother was at Orchard Blythe for 4 and a half years, and died at the age of 96. Her care, throughout, was excellent. Staff were warm and friendly; even loving. The environment was homely with every effort made to integrate residents into the community and appropriate entertainment provided. In mom's last days she was discharged from a brief stay in hospital back to the home at their insistence (something they were not obliged to do being a 'care' not 'nursing' home). The devoted attention shown by the staff during this period was way beyond the call of duty. Even the handyman came in to see her every day. We could not have hoped for a better going for mom.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

I visited a friend at the above home and found the facilities and the staff wonderful, the staff was very helpful. The staff looked after my friend very well (he say's) and are very kind. I found the home very clean and comfortable and there was a nice smell unlike some nursing homes I've been in. They were doing activities with the people as I left, all round a nice place for our elderly people to spend their final years!

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

What an excellent home. Top class, with the very best staff. Not a few, all of them. Excellent manager. The care support has been truly amazing. Thank you from the bottom of my heard.

Excellent care home. Caring, person centred, caring, committed, passionate staff are marvellous. The manager and deputy more than approachable. The food is fantastic, this home is superb.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Love and warmth and atmosphere is marvelous, so grateful to the love and care given to my mother at all times.
I feel the need to give a comment regarding deputy Manager. What a genuine committed well respected lady within Orchard Blythe. I was made too feel important and time did not matter this really makes a good care home.
Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Fantastic help and support from the manager a big thank you for excepting my mum. Nice clean home and room fantastic standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Likely

I have found from the manager and all her staff to be very helpful and supportive on the preparation and moving my mother-in-law to this home, she now seems to be settling in and she loves the food.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Likely

Homely welcoming relaxed care home. Staff work so hard ensuring all residents are happy they go over and above to deliver love and happiness into the residents lives.

Any concerns are dealt with promptly and professionally and I have never been made to feel like I am being a nuisance nothing is any trouble in fact if I myself require care in my later years this care home is where I want to live.

Manager Hayley along with deputy manager Angela are a credit to Orchard Blythe both ladies are so committed to Orchard Blythe.

Food is marvelous with lots of choice, Activities is superb recently having an open day welcoming all into the home with cakes and wine along with a entertainer this was wonderful for all to enjoy, Lisa new activity lady is passionate with in her role and this is shown each time I meet her.

I feel the need to comment on this care home due to all the bad press we always receive involving care and I myself was very apprehensive but no more!!!!! because there are excellent care homes in the UK and I feel privileged that I have found one.

Orchard Blythe.
Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Fantastic friendly committed care home my sister is so happy living at Orchard Blythe, she has became more relaxed gaining weight with the excellent food and dedicated staff that work there. Manager and Deputy Manager are always welcoming approachable at all times.
I would recommend Orchard Blythe with out a doubt.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Orchard Blythe not only provide excellent care to my mother they go over and above to try and individualise care. Examples are:
1) We would like Mom to have additional activities outside the home and have employed a carer to do this, care home staff have gone out of their way to introduce this carer gradually to mum in order to build trust- this has taken weeks to plan and implement- their input has been invaluable.
2) 3 monthly reviews and family with any concerns acted upon
3) Their understanding of Mums behaviours truly enhances the care they deliver- they are skilled at what they do
4) I am extremely grateful for all their efforts and time.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

I would recommend your nursing home as you took very good care of my mother, Agnes Morrison.

They where good to my mum, and looked after her until she passed away.

I am pleased to see my mother in warm, clean and caring surroundings. Really fresh and bright.

Fantastic care facility, Viv and all the staff are excellent, meticulous to details and treat all the guests with the utmost care and dignity.

Living 200 miles away, I am unable to visit my mother as often as I would like. It is reassuring to know that she is being well cared for by the team at Orchard Blythe. The staff always have time to discuss my mothers care with me and the home is a very pleasant and welcoming place.
It is good to know that my mother is in good hands and being cared for with the dignity and respect that I would expect.
The rooms are always clean and of a very high standard.
It doesn't feel like an old peoples' home!
Couldn't ask for more.

All staff are very good.

I wish I could find fault but I can't. I would put myself in her any time.

Submit a Review for Orchard Blythe

There are no jobs posted yet for Orchard Blythe

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Orchard Blythe