Orchard Blythe, Coleshill, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Tel: 01675 467027/464517

Orchard Blythe is a thirty-five capacity Birmingham care home that is committed to quality long-term provision, treating all residents as an individual and respecting their privacy and dignity.

The home is part of care provider Runwood Homes' expanding range, which is highly-regarded in the sector for the difference made to the lives of older and vulnerable people.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Hayley Ann Ford (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warwickshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 50 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Close to Local shops • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Orchard Blythe: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Orchard Blythe

(Home is being extended by 14 rooms and these will be available in early October - please call the Home for more details)
posted 24 Sep 2014

February 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.3 for Orchard Blythe) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Orchard Blythe

I have looked at a number of care homes for my mother. Orchard Blythe is excellent, managers and the care staff are more than excellent. Please try to provide all our care homes with the same excellent standard as Orchard Blythe.

Submitted by Sheila B (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Monday 29 September 2014. Review relates to September 2014.

Review of Orchard Blythe

Living 200 miles away, I am unable to visit my mother as often as I would like. It is reassuring to know that she is being well cared for by the team at Orchard Blythe. The staff always have time to discuss my mothers care with me and the home is a very pleasant and welcoming place. It is good to know that my mother is in good hands and being cared for with the dignity and respect that I would expect. The rooms are always clean and of a very high standard. It doesn't feel like an old peoples' home! Couldn't ask for more.

Submitted by Amanda Allan (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 17 September 2014.

Review of Orchard Blythe

All staff are very good.

Submitted by John Green (Son of resident) on Wednesday 20 August 2014.

Review of Orchard Blythe

I wish I could find fault but I can't. I would put myself in her any time.

Submitted by Jennifer S (Daughter of Resident) on Monday 11 August 2014.

Review of Orchard Blythe

The home meets all my mother's needs.

Submitted by David J (Son of Resident) on Monday 7 April 2014.

Review of Orchard Blythe

Mum has been in a moving on bed for almost a week. I am very impressed with the facility. A lovely warm atmosphere and staff who really care. They have a warm gentle funny way with them. This is clearly a happy, efficient well run home. Mum is already making good progress. I know she will go from strength to strength in this caring home from home.

Submitted by Chris Melbourne (Son of Resident) on Tuesday 21 January 2014.

Review of Orchard Blythe

I have always found staff and management very helpful at all times. Residents are the first concern in this home. They are always being found entertainment and not left just sitting.

Submitted by D. J (Son of Resident) on Friday 26 July 2013.

Review of Orchard Blythe

As a family we have all been tearful and very upset regarding my mother, grandmother and great grandmother. Had we all known how nice it was going to be and how kind everyone was going to be to my mother and the interest all staff have in my mother I would have nothing to fear or worry about. All is well and as a family we are very pleased.

Submitted by Jessie Hind (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 6 June 2013.

Review of Orchard Blythe

My brother and I, who live a long way from Mum, were reaching the end of our tethers trying to get adequate home care for her. Thankfully we managed to get her admitted to Orchard Blythe. We now have total peace of mind that she is being properly cared for. The staff are wonderful and Mum is very happy despite previous misgivings.

Submitted by Mike W (Son of Resident) on Tuesday 28 May 2013.

Review of Orchard Blythe

My mothers unable to live alone even with visits from myself it would mean many hours spent alone. Here all her needs are addressed this gives the family peace of mind. Thank you.

Submitted by Jessie Hurd (Daughter) on Wednesday 27 February 2013.

Review of Orchard Blythe

Very suitable in every way for my mother. Excellent care and a very happy environment. Particularly liked the social activities, bingo, visit to the Xmas pantomime.

Submitted by Daphne H (Daughter of resident) on Friday 22 February 2013.

Review of Orchard Blythe

This is just like being in your own home. Facilities and entertainment are superb. Staff always go one step above and it is managed to an exceptionally high standard. Recommendation is a must.

Submitted by Keith Chester (Son of resident) on Friday 22 February 2013.

Review of Orchard Blythe

Excellent staff attitude. Welcoming attitude on arrival, especially when residents and family are new to the care home. Approachable manager. Rooms kept immaculate. Great activities for residents and families to share. Residents feel part 'of a the care family'.

Submitted by Elaine A (Daughter of resident) on Friday 22 February 2013.

Review of Orchard Blythe

I'm really happy that my grandma is here, she loves it. All the staff are very friendly and care for my nan really well. Knowing my nan is in outstanding care makes me happy.

Submitted by Sophie Wright (Granddaughter of resident) on Wednesday 20 February 2013.

Review of Orchard Blythe

I am very pleased with the care provided.

Submitted by Jan Pra (Daughter of resident) on Monday 11 February 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Orchard Blythe

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Orchard Blythe

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Orchard Blythe