Orchard Blythe

Wingfield Road, Coleshill, Birmingham B46 3LL

Orchard Blythe, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Orchard Blythe care home is located in Birmingham and is committed to quality long-term provision, treating all residents as an individual and respecting their privacy and dignity.

The home is part of care provider Runwood Homes' expanding range, which is highly-regarded in the sector for the difference made to the lives of older and vulnerable people.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Hayley Ann Ford (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warwickshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 50 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Close to Local shops • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Orchard Blythe: click here

9.6 Orchard Blythe has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.626)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Orchard Blythe is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Orchard Blythe in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.926 for Orchard Blythe is calculated as follows: ( (101 Excellents x 5) + (6 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 108 Ratings = 4.926

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.7 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Orchard Blythe is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered beds ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 10 Target = 0.700

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Orchard Blythe?

Reviewer Connection to Orchard Blythe

My mother has been attending daycare here for a long time and is now a resident. She has always enjoyed coming here and is now very happy with her room, the staff and all the facilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

I visited my neighbour's mother at this care home and I must say just how impressed I was. Certainly changed my perception of a care home.
The place was very well decorated, airy and bright. The garden was nicely presented as were all of the areas I visited.
All of the staff I had contact with were very pleasant and receptive with the residents and conducted themselves in a very professional manner.
I certainly must state, if I wasn't aware that I was in an elderly care environment, I certainly would not have guessed.
Although a care home is not a venue on my to do list in life, a visit to Orchard Blythe has left me with 'I could see myself here' feeling.
Well done Orchard Blythe for making an old acquaintance of mine feel happy and secure.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

My mother came to Orchard Blythe in July 2016 from another care home due to a financial assessment from social services. From day one the general condition and the help the staff have given my mother to settle in has been excellent. On coming to see my mother I can feel the happy atmosphere that she is living in. The home, in general, is excellent from the bedroom to the communal living area. My mother has settled well and is very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Myself and my husband are so pleased with Orchard Blythe. The staff are so nice and they really look after my mother-in-law. The care home is a lovely welcoming place, clean and bright. We feel happy every time we leave knowing that my mother-in-law is well looked after and that she is very happy and settled and without the care of the excellent staff this would not be the case. Myself and my husband are very happy with the care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

My sister and I went to view Orchard Blythe for our mother who has dementia. As soon as we walked in we thought it was lovely, fresh modern with a lovely garden, the room for mom had an en-suite, nicely decorated, we were shown around the whole place, staff were very pleasant and chatty. Residents we spoke to all said they were well looked after and happy. Mom moved in a month ago and she has settled really well, she loves her own room, also the food and care carers. In the month that she has been there, we have got to know the staff and feel very pleased that we know mom is happy and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Mother was at Orchard Blythe for 4 and a half years, and died at the age of 96. Her care, throughout, was excellent. Staff were warm and friendly; even loving. The environment was homely with every effort made to integrate residents into the community and appropriate entertainment provided. In mom's last days she was discharged from a brief stay in hospital back to the home at their insistence (something they were not obliged to do being a 'care' not 'nursing' home). The devoted attention shown by the staff during this period was way beyond the call of duty. Even the handyman came in to see her every day. We could not have hoped for a better going for mom.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

I visited a friend at the above home and found the facilities and the staff wonderful, the staff was very helpful. The staff looked after my friend very well (he say's) and are very kind. I found the home very clean and comfortable and there was a nice smell unlike some nursing homes I've been in. They were doing activities with the people as I left, all round a nice place for our elderly people to spend their final years!

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Excellent care home. Caring, person centred, caring, committed, passionate staff are marvellous. The manager and deputy more than approachable. The food is fantastic, this home is superb.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Love and warmth and atmosphere is marvelous, so grateful to the love and care given to my mother at all times.
I feel the need to give a comment regarding deputy Manager. What a genuine committed well respected lady within Orchard Blythe. I was made too feel important and time did not matter this really makes a good care home.
Thank you.

Submit a Review for Orchard Blythe

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Orchard Blythe