Pennine Care Centre, Glossop, Derbyshire

Pennine Care Centre is situated within a beautiful rural setting located just outside Glossop town centre.

The Care Centre has two separate specialist units, the Moorlands Suite and the Pennine Suite, for both elderly residential clients and clients with dementia and related difficulties. There are also facilities to accommodate people with special needs from the age of fifty. Pennine has a dedicated, multi-skilled team who work with a person-centred approach, adapting to our residents' needs. The team ensure that Pennine is a happy, welcoming and homely environment for all our residents.

Day space consists of four lounges, a conservatory with views of the surrounding countryside, two dining rooms and a sensory room that offers our residents a comfortable and calming environment.

All bedrooms are single occupancy, with the majority having ensuite facilities. Rooms are located on two floors, with passenger lift access to the first floor.

All client rooms and communal areas are fitted with a call bell system so that staff assistance can be obtained quickly and easily.

Pennine Care Centre has two dedicated Activity Organisers who provide a range of activities to our clients to promote stimulation and wellbeing. There is a varied and extensive weekly activities programme which includes outings and in house activities.

The catering team are very flexible in accommodating resident's dietary needs and are passionate about delivering high quality home cooking using local produce.

Pennine Care Centre is passionate about client care; the dedicated management, and staff ensure that Pennine is a home from home for all our residents.

Group: Canterbury Care

Person in charge: Jeanette Smith (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Derbyshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 64 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £402 – £650

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Pennine Care Centre: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.7 for Pennine Care Centre) is based on 11 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Pennine Care Centre

I would really like to Thank everyone at Pennine care home for making my Father's 97th birthday such an enjoyable morning. We were given the privacy for my Father and ourselves to enjoy a little time with him. On behalf of myself and my Family a big THANK You to all members of Staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Pennine Care Centre? Extremely likely

Pennine Care Centre

Very caring staff. Food is good. Communication with family is very good which has given us peace of mind. My mother's key worker is excellent. Admittance procedure is good. Overall I would recommend Pennine to anyone.

Pennine Care Centre

My dad has been in Pennine Care since the end of January 2014 and he has greatly improved in his health and well being. This is down to the excellent staff and management who are now his main carers. Highly recommended. My dad was a chef for years and he says the food is some of the best he has ever had!

Pennine Care Centre

I would recommend this care home.

Pennine Care Centre

The home is very safe, with plenty of room for my mother to wander around. The staff are lovely and caring. I would highly recommend the home, as I am very satisfied with everything there is there.

Pennine Care Centre

Canterbury care (also known as Pennine Care Centre) is a lovely place. My brother and I are more than happy for our mother to be there. The staff are warm and friendly and very caring towards the residents. The scenery from our mother's room is beautiful (lovely countryside). I can highly recommend this home.

Pennine Care Centre

Joe has been living at Pennine Care Home for about 6 months now and he has done nothing but improve. He's eating more and has gained a little weight. He has people to talk to each day which is helping him. He feels comfy in the home and he loves all the staff who deal with him.

Pennine Care Centre

A friendly home, clean, staff very friendly & helpful.

Pennine Care Centre

My husband has Alzheimer's and vascular dementia and he was admitted to the home on 30th October last. The staff are so patient and caring with all of the residents. They joke with some of them and one of the ladies I've seen staff sing and dance with her - they are brilliant. I'm very happy that my husband is there and being well cared for.

Pennine Care Centre

Since my mother (aged 97) has been in Pennine, she has regained her normal weight, (she lost approx 1 1/2 stones in hospital) through nutritious, filling meals-supervised and also helped by the caring staff. The few health problems she has had have been monitored and treated by staff; calling the doctor when necessary and always referring to me or my brother. I have recommended Pennine to a friend and am completely satisfied with their standards.

Pennine Care Centre

My father has been a resident for almost 10 years at Pennine Care Centre. He is content and relaxed. Like most care centres it is not the place you would want your relatives to be but due to his health it is necessary and it's the best place we could find.

Submit a Review for Pennine Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Pennine Care Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for Pennine Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Pennine Care Centre