Braywood Gardens Care Home, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Braywood Gardens Care Home
Braywood Gardens Care Home

Braywood Gardens Care Home offers a comfortable living environment for the practice of residential care, while also being ideal for carers to meet high standards of provision for residents with dementia or a physical disability.

The home is registered with the Care Quality Commission to welcome 75 residents in total and fully compliant with current regulations, while having built up strong community links, including with related health professionals.

Staff are full-qualified and equipped to safeguard the security and well-being of service users, while respecting personal freedoms and respectful to visiting family and loved ones.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Richard Pindani (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 75 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Admission Information: Ages from 50 to 100.

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises

Latest CQC* Report on Braywood Gardens Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Braywood Gardens Care Home

(Residential and dementia care - please contact the home for further detail)
posted 27 Feb 2015

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Braywood Gardens Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.4 for Braywood Gardens Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

I would recommend this care hoe to anyone looking for a safe and happy environment for their loved one. My mother has been a resident for 10 months and she is always well cared for clean and smartly dressed. The food is excellent and the staff and management is second to none. They have a full activity program and have acts come to the home to entertain the residents.

Submitted by Eileen Palagano (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 25 February 2015.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

Due to the care home Salvation Army closing down as a family we chose Braywood as this on viewing we were welcomed by Richard the manager and Braywood and staff and facilities were able to provide all the care needed for our mum Lucy. Since my mum moved to Braywood who is now 95 the care by all the staff has been 2nd to none. Mum is happy comfortable and settled.

Submitted by Andrea C (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 25 February 2015.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

We (our family) are very pleased and happy with the care my mother who is 97 years old receives from the staff at Braywood. She is treated like they are her family. We have no cause to complain about anything. She enjoys the shows they put on and they have managed to get her to go to the activities. They keep her and her clothes clean and often do a special meal for her.

Submitted by Christine Thatcher (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 20 February 2015.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

I went to visit my friends mum who had to go into a care home. I had my reservations of care homes as in the past bad press etc, but wow was I impressed with Braywood Gardens. I have made a few friends with visiting and I must say I was very impressed with the standard of this home. Both the management and the brilliant staff are very professional and caring people and good at their jobs. It has a really nice friendly atmosphere. I must stress that if I knew of anyone that had to go into a care home then I would say to them try and get into Braywood Gardens.

How likely would you be to recommend Braywood Gardens Care Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Karen Hart (Friend of Resident/Service User) on Monday 9 February 2015. Review relates to December 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

I would highly recommend this Care Home. Both the Management & brilliant Staff work together to provide a highly professional, kind & caring environment for my mother's needs. Residential Care is a life changing experience that has taken not only my mother but myself both time to get used to and to come to terms with, but I rest in the knowledge that she is safe and well looked after. I feel fortunate that my mother is in Braywood Gardens.

Submitted by Wendy Frost (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 4 February 2015. Review relates to December 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

My mum has Alzheimers she has quite recently been diagnosed. The care the staff give her includes lots of reassurance as she is very frightened as she knows what is happening to her. They couldn't be more caring.

Submitted by Nicola L (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 28 January 2015.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

Very excellent service. helpful, friendly people. It's nice knowing my great grandma is in safe hands. lovely and clean also.

Submitted by Jade Ash (Great-granddaughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 20 January 2015.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

The carers can't do enough to meet the needs of my father. he can be quite demanding and they are both generous with their time and also patient.

Submitted by Jonathan Chapman (Son of Resident/Service User) on Monday 1 December 2014.

Research paid off
All of the excellent reviews are spot on. I researched and visited a number of care homes for my aunt who has dementia. After reading the reviews I visited Braywood and it just came out top. From walking into reception, which looks and smells lovely with the old fashioned sweet stall, the clean and modern bedrooms, the cafe with tea making facilities and home baked cakes, friendly helpful staff and excellent activities, I knew immediately that my aunt was in good hands. She constantly tells me how well looked after she is. Unlike some homes, Richard the manager is approachable, friendly and visible. He encourages visits at any time and for family to help at meal times(unlike some homes which are very regimented). I actually enjoy visiting!

Submitted by Lorraine Cockell (Niece of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 13 November 2014. Review relates to November 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

High standards of care. Good facilities. Great that stimulating activities such as Films/Bingo are on offer.

Submitted by Lillian T (Sister of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 13 November 2014.

highly recommended
My father moved into Braywood Gardens in April 2014 after spending a year in a different care home. I must say how pleased we are that we moved dad. We weren't sure if we were doing the right thing as with dementia stability is key, and wow we are so pleased we went ahead. Dad settled in well, loves the activities available and laugh's and jokes with everyone, we haven't seen dad this happy for a long time. Thank you to all the caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Braywood Gardens Care Home? Likely

Submitted by Elaine Taylor (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 31 October 2014. Review relates to April 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

I didn't agree with care homes at all, but since my friend has gone into this care home I have now changed my mind. Richard the manager to Pat and all the staff have been wonderful and I mean wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble, what they said would happen has happened. Thank you so very very much, God bless.

Submitted by Julie A (Friend of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 17 June 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

It's bright and well laid out inside, plenty of room for my mum to roam about. Nice, good sized garden with facilities to make drinks and eat in the cafe (for relatives). Always clean and smells fresh, nice views from residents windows, residents always encouraged to take part in everyday activities. I am very happy with this home.

Submitted by Anne B (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 13 June 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

My Mum has been at Braywood about a year and I cannot speak highly enough of every single member of staff. They have given 100% sometimes more and have made us all feel like apart of their family. I am a SW CCO and have spent 5 years as a reviewing officer and closely with CQC, so I feel I am qualified to say how amazing this home is. I would happily be placed there myself one day.

Submitted by Mandy H (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 11 June 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

I thing this care home specialising in dementia care should be highly recommended. Its is generally regarded as the Beacon Home in the City and County. The ratings below are all justified by the excellence on all counts as does the families comments book. The care by the loving staff is dedicated nothing is too much trouble to them, and their own happiness is reflected in that of us the residents. The high standards of its owners the Runwood Group, it constantly seeks to excell it's own perfection, the current theme is extending it's range of activities for the residents, both in house facilities and outside visits.

Submitted by David C (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 4 June 2014.

Care of a 100 year old mother-in-law

Submitted by Derek W (Son-in-law of Resident/Service User) on Monday 2 June 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

Friendly Staff, Very clean and excellent food.

Submitted by Elaine T (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 27 May 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

My mother-in-law became a resident in July 2013, after finding difficulties managing her home. After a series of falls and subsequent visits/stay in hospital she eventually decided for her safety and well-being to become a resident at Braywood Gardens. Since arriving until present (10 months) she has not had any falls (she even had several falls whilst in hospital) this is credit to all the dedicated staff at Braywood.

Submitted by Andrew S (Son-in-law of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 21 May 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

My mother is now 99 years old and has been resident at Braywood Gardens for just over three years. She was living alone and not caring for herself - eating, personal care, etc. Since being at B. G., her health has improved considerably and she is no longer depressed. She is eating well and is always clean and comfortable. We find all the staff to be friendly, caring, and ready to discuss Mum's care at any time.

Submitted by June C (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 28 February 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

We were forced to put Mum into care as I could no longer look after her myself, as well as working and looking after my family. I was not able to look after her as well as she needed. I was worried that she would be unhappy and hate me for putting her into care. She has been there since Marsh 2013 and she is very content and happy and now we can spend precious time together instead of me trying to constantly please everyone and failing miserably.

Submitted by Maria C (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Monday 24 February 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

Braywood Gardens, operated by Runwood Homes, is very well run residential home. It is clean and comfortable. The staff are caring and approachable. Rooms, residents own and lounges are well furnished and comfortable. The meals are well cooked and presented (I can vouch from having a meal). There are daily activities available in a 'common room' with additional entertainments on some days.

Submitted by Richard Y (Son of Resident/Service User) on Monday 24 February 2014.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

Excellent care! life history book is a brilliant idea - hard work and attention to detail makes such a difference(thanks to Anne!).

Submitted by G. Antcliff (Nephew of Resident/Service User) on Monday 19 August 2013.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

My partner has been going to Braywood Gardens for respite care for several years now. The standard of care and cleanliness are very good. The staff are friendly, cheerful, helpful and caring. As with many caring facilities, the home sometimes seems understaffed.

Submitted by Barbara Culling (Partner of Resident/Service User) on Friday 19 April 2013.

Review of Braywood Gardens Care Home

Having looked around at quite a few residential homes for Dementia residents, I found the process quite daunting not knowing where to start and what to look for. The homes viewed varied quite drastically but Braywood was the best for resident personal care, dementia care and facilities. My mother is very content and happy with all her care.

Submitted by Maria C (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 2 April 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Braywood Gardens Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Braywood Gardens Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Braywood Gardens Care Home