Braywood Gardens Care Home, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

Braywood Gardens Care Home offers a comfortable living environment for the practice of residential care, while also being ideal for carers to meet high standards of provision for residents with dementia or a physical disability.

The home is registered with the Care Quality Commission to welcome 75 residents in total and fully compliant with current regulations, while having built up strong community links, including with related health professionals.

Staff are full-qualified and equipped to safeguard the security and well-being of service users, while respecting personal freedoms and respectful to visiting family and loved ones.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Richard Pindani (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 75 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Admission Information: Ages from 50 to 100.

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises

Latest CQC* Report on Braywood Gardens Care Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.4 for Braywood Gardens Care Home) is based on 26 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

My partner's sister looked at a few care homes and they were nowhere near as good as Braywood. We know she made the right choice. The gardens are wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Braywood Gardens Care Home? Extremely likely

Braywood Gardens Care Home

Really relaxed friendly feel, my dad is very comfortable and well looked after. Some of the staff are fantastic, they go that extra mile. The staff member at front house is always friendly and will help you and assist you in any way he can.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

Excellent on first visit, very pleased to get a place there. As good as we thought. Clean. Very helpful staff. Could not be better. Food and drinks great. Atmosphere excellent. For the price I would like to see a home that could beat it.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

I would highly recommend this care home.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

I visit my dad three times a week. The staff have been very good in assisting me if I have ever has concerns about him. They have a review regularly so that you can be involved in the care. I appreciate the care they have downstairs as it gives me the opportunity to be with my dad away from his usual area. The activities have been excellent, they are proactive in relatives taking part. I like to take part so that dad gets involved too.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

I would recommend this care hoe to anyone looking for a safe and happy environment for their loved one. My mother has been a resident for 10 months and she is always well cared for clean and smartly dressed. The food is excellent and the staff and management is second to none. They have a full activity program and have acts come to the home to entertain the residents.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

Due to the care home Salvation Army closing down as a family we chose Braywood as this on viewing we were welcomed by Richard the manager and Braywood and staff and facilities were able to provide all the care needed for our mum Lucy. Since my mum moved to Braywood who is now 95 the care by all the staff has been 2nd to none. Mum is happy comfortable and settled.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

We (our family) are very pleased and happy with the care my mother who is 97 years old receives from the staff at Braywood. She is treated like they are her family. We have no cause to complain about anything. She enjoys the shows they put on and they have managed to get her to go to the activities. They keep her and her clothes clean and often do a special meal for her.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

I went to visit my friends mum who had to go into a care home. I had my reservations of care homes as in the past bad press etc, but wow was I impressed with Braywood Gardens. I have made a few friends with visiting and I must say I was very impressed with the standard of this home. Both the management and the brilliant staff are very professional and caring people and good at their jobs. It has a really nice friendly atmosphere. I must stress that if I knew of anyone that had to go into a care home then I would say to them try and get into Braywood Gardens.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

I would highly recommend this Care Home. Both the Management & brilliant Staff work together to provide a highly professional, kind & caring environment for my mother's needs. Residential Care is a life changing experience that has taken not only my mother but myself both time to get used to and to come to terms with, but I rest in the knowledge that she is safe and well looked after. I feel fortunate that my mother is in Braywood Gardens.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

My mum has Alzheimers she has quite recently been diagnosed. The care the staff give her includes lots of reassurance as she is very frightened as she knows what is happening to her. They couldn't be more caring.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

Very excellent service. helpful, friendly people. It's nice knowing my great grandma is in safe hands. lovely and clean also.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

The carers can't do enough to meet the needs of my father. he can be quite demanding and they are both generous with their time and also patient.

Research paid off
All of the excellent reviews are spot on. I researched and visited a number of care homes for my aunt who has dementia. After reading the reviews I visited Braywood and it just came out top. From walking into reception, which looks and smells lovely with the old fashioned sweet stall, the clean and modern bedrooms, the cafe with tea making facilities and home baked cakes, friendly helpful staff and excellent activities, I knew immediately that my aunt was in good hands. She constantly tells me how well looked after she is. Unlike some homes, Richard the manager is approachable, friendly and visible. He encourages visits at any time and for family to help at meal times(unlike some homes which are very regimented). I actually enjoy visiting!

Braywood Gardens Care Home

High standards of care. Good facilities. Great that stimulating activities such as Films/Bingo are on offer.

highly recommended
My father moved into Braywood Gardens in April 2014 after spending a year in a different care home. I must say how pleased we are that we moved dad. We weren't sure if we were doing the right thing as with dementia stability is key, and wow we are so pleased we went ahead. Dad settled in well, loves the activities available and laugh's and jokes with everyone, we haven't seen dad this happy for a long time. Thank you to all the caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Braywood Gardens Care Home? Likely

Braywood Gardens Care Home

I didn't agree with care homes at all, but since my friend has gone into this care home I have now changed my mind. Richard the manager to Pat and all the staff have been wonderful and I mean wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble, what they said would happen has happened. Thank you so very very much, God bless.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

It's bright and well laid out inside, plenty of room for my mum to roam about. Nice, good sized garden with facilities to make drinks and eat in the cafe (for relatives). Always clean and smells fresh, nice views from residents windows, residents always encouraged to take part in everyday activities. I am very happy with this home.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

My Mum has been at Braywood about a year and I cannot speak highly enough of every single member of staff. They have given 100% sometimes more and have made us all feel like apart of their family. I am a SW CCO and have spent 5 years as a reviewing officer and closely with CQC, so I feel I am qualified to say how amazing this home is. I would happily be placed there myself one day.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

I thing this care home specialising in dementia care should be highly recommended. Its is generally regarded as the Beacon Home in the City and County. The ratings below are all justified by the excellence on all counts as does the families comments book. The care by the loving staff is dedicated nothing is too much trouble to them, and their own happiness is reflected in that of us the residents. The high standards of its owners the Runwood Group, it constantly seeks to excell it's own perfection, the current theme is extending it's range of activities for the residents, both in house facilities and outside visits.

Care of a 100 year old mother-in-law

Braywood Gardens Care Home

Friendly Staff, Very clean and excellent food.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

My mother-in-law became a resident in July 2013, after finding difficulties managing her home. After a series of falls and subsequent visits/stay in hospital she eventually decided for her safety and well-being to become a resident at Braywood Gardens. Since arriving until present (10 months) she has not had any falls (she even had several falls whilst in hospital) this is credit to all the dedicated staff at Braywood.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

My mother is now 99 years old and has been resident at Braywood Gardens for just over three years. She was living alone and not caring for herself - eating, personal care, etc. Since being at B. G., her health has improved considerably and she is no longer depressed. She is eating well and is always clean and comfortable. We find all the staff to be friendly, caring, and ready to discuss Mum's care at any time.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

We were forced to put Mum into care as I could no longer look after her myself, as well as working and looking after my family. I was not able to look after her as well as she needed. I was worried that she would be unhappy and hate me for putting her into care. She has been there since Marsh 2013 and she is very content and happy and now we can spend precious time together instead of me trying to constantly please everyone and failing miserably.

Braywood Gardens Care Home

Braywood Gardens, operated by Runwood Homes, is very well run residential home. It is clean and comfortable. The staff are caring and approachable. Rooms, residents own and lounges are well furnished and comfortable. The meals are well cooked and presented (I can vouch from having a meal). There are daily activities available in a 'common room' with additional entertainments on some days.

Submit a Review for Braywood Gardens Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Braywood Gardens Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Braywood Gardens Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Braywood Gardens Care Home