Leawood Manor, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

Leawood Manor is a seventy capacity service that combines the skills of professional carers with a homely environment that suits personal comforts and a relaxing retirement.

Carers respect the privacy and dignity of all occupants, while being experienced in helping those with dementia to reduce the level of stress and anxiety that effects their daily lives.

A spacious interior is excellent for residents with physical disability, with a programme of activities and entertainments proving a popular and healthy addition.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Jeremy Dignum (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 70 residents

Facilities & Services: Respite Care

Latest CQC* Report on Leawood Manor: click here

posted 11 May 2015

New build luxurious rooms now available -Please contact the home for further details

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.8 for Leawood Manor) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Leawood Manor

My dad lived at Leawood for nearly 2 years and received wonderful care. Throughout his time there he was treated with respect and wanted for nothing. I am so pleased that he passed peacefully away in his own room with his family and not in hospital. The support we received from the staff was amazing. This is a wonderful care home, I can't believe how lucky we were that dad was a resident here. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Leawood Manor

Great quality of care. The staff are fantastic and mum likes them and has really settled in now.

Leawood Manor

I have been here three months having moved homes. I like the support. I get to remain independent. My room is wonderful, with doors into the garden. The food is exceptionally good and very flexible. My friends and I use the Café. The care here is excellent. I chose this home and I am very happy with my choice.

Leawood Manor

This is an absolutely wonderful home. All the staff here are fantastic and caring.

Leawood Manor

Leawood is a welcoming home. I call most days to see my mother at different times of the day. The staff are always pleasant and answer any queries I might have. It is clean, warm and pleasant. My mother is well looked after. I strongly recommend it for anyone needing residential care.

Leawood Manor

I have had such good reports of Leawood that I knew it would be an ideal home for my friend.

Leawood Manor

Explain about the home how its very good food, good staff, good home lovely and clean. I enjoy cleaning around the home, its worth every penny. I've made lots of friends.

Leawood Manor

I want to stop here. I used to live at another home but it closed down. My daughter brought me to look around and I've been here ever since.

Leawood Manor

I have lived here for nearly a year. I was living with my wife at home, I came to have a look around Leawood Manor. I liked it straightaway. It is a beautiful home. The staff are fantastic, food is good, and management are great.

Leawood Manor

I think this home is very good, the carers are very nice, quite happy living her. My family are happy, well looked after pleasant people. Very nice place to be.

Leawood Manor

My wife has been here for two years. We looked at other homes but Leawood Manor was the best one I saw. My wife said staff are very kind, the food is great, and the bedrooms are lovely and clean.

Leawood Manor

Aunty has been here three years and she is well cared for and happy. I have never heard anything bad about Leawood. It is situated close to where I live. They had no hesitation in showing my sister and I round when we called unexpectedly.

Leawood Manor

I have been here for quite a while - about 4 years - and I wouldn't like to leave. I have made friends and always have plenty to eat and drink. The food is very nice and you always get a choice.

Leawood Manor

It is a very caring and loving environment and I feel they treat my mum with respect and dignity. The staff are friendly and approachable and although mum has not been there long they know me and my sister. I am thrilled that they had a space when we needed it.

Leawood Manor

My nanie is Betty, I think this home is very good, it caters for most people. The staff are very kind and helpful, nothings too much trouble, staff do my shopping for me, my friends visit me every week and staff always make them a cup of tea.

Leawood Manor

Good company, good staff and management, plenty of opportunities to meet new friends. Couldn't find any better place than this. I would highly recommend this home.

Leawood Manor

I am very happy here I like my room, its bright and the en-suite is invaluable. The food is very good and I have my room decorated how I like and full of my belonging.

Leawood Manor

Quite comfortable, didn't want to be a burden to my family they chose this home for me, they said its the best one.

Leawood Manor

This is a fabulous place and organized food in the best I have ever had, just look at my room what more can I ask for, beautiful bathroom. There was a man who was dying and the staff was marvelous with his family, nothing was too much trouble for them.

Leawood Manor

My brother was a resident in this home for approximately two months. I visited him there last week for the first time - just before he passed away. I can only repeat with true sincerity all the remarks made by others who have submitted recommendations for this Care Home. The Staff I met whilst there were wonderful - not only in looking after my brother with such a dedicated caring attitude in his last hours but also in the consideration given to his wife and family - making sure we were comfortable and catered for. Thank you so much Leawood Manor. A Care Home without doubt to be recommended.

Leawood Manor

Friendly staff at the home. The rooms are light and clean. There is a happy feeling throughout the home. The residents are treated respectfully. You always hear lots of laughter. The home is in a good location, close to residents' former homes and friends.

Leawood Manor

My mother visited this home for two periods of two weeks each time. i was totally satisfied with the way the home is run. Its friendly, the food is excellent, the staff brilliant, they made her feel that she belonged and nothing was too much trouble. Mum loved her accommodation, thought very posh! She is looking forward to returning and to see all her friends.

Leawood Manor

Wanted a good care home for my wife as she suffers from dementia. she has settled in well and is very happy. The home offers excellent facilities, has very caring staff who have residents interest at heart. A lovely place to live and to visit. Highly recommend.

Leawood Manor

Having visited many local homes whilst looking for care for my mmother Leawood was the only one that ticked most of the boxes. The atmosphere is very homley and the staff are very caring. It has a lovely feel about it. Management is very quick to tackle any concerns and they are as supportive to relatives as to residents. at last I can relax knowing my mother is well cared for.

Leawood Manor

My mother has received excellent care while living at Leawood, fantastic staff, would recommend the home to anyone!!

Leawood Manor

Find the conditions here very good. The carers here are very good. The place is very good and well looked after.

Leawood Manor

Nice comfortable room, the staff are very friendly and obliging, good variety of food which I enjoy very much. I have enjoyed the garden and another resident has his own bit. I receive excellent care, I am well looked after and very happy, Since being here my walking has got better.

Leawood Manor

When my family and I were looking at various care homes within a five mile radius of Nottingham city centre, we were instantly impressed with the welcome we received and the high standards immediately obvious when we were taken round various areas within the home. My mother has settled in well and it goes without saying that she is receiving the very best care.

Leawood Manor

I enjoy the food, it is very good. I am feeling good while I'm here.

Leawood Manor

I am being well looked after in the home. MY wife and I are in this home, and we are both well looked after and happy.

Leawood Manor

Throughout my time at this home, there is a feeling of respect for the individuals, a natural wish to show care and concern for life. There is a tolerance, a reflection of dignity, and a feeling that what is given is the best, for the giver and the receiver. The management and staff care about human relations to a very high degree.

Leawood Manor

When visiting Leawood I'm always impressed how attentive the staff are. Although busy they always have time for a smile and caring words. They owe a credit to the manager who obviously takes training and the running of the care home very seriously. Leawood is spotlessly clean with good food, great care. I feel well assured that my mum is well looked after. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Leawood to anyone.

Leawood Manor

I am very happy here, I have lived here since 2000.

Leawood Manor

Leawood Manor is a high standard carehome, the staff make you feel welcome whenever you visit. The home provides excellent care, residents' rooms are kept clean and tidy, and I have no worries about my Mother staying there. I would recommend to anyone who needs a carehome

Leawood Manor

I am very happy with the quality of care given to my mother, and the manager and staff are always readily available to talk about any concerns I have.

Leawood Manor

It's friendly, clean and comfortable. Betty's very happy here.

Leawood Manor

My aunt had a short term stay at this fantastic care home. I visited several times during her stay. I was always impressed with the standard of care afforded to her. The environment was warm, light and fresh. The food also looked great and plenty of it for those who wanted it. The staff were very friendly and only to willing to assist the residents.

Leawood Manor

Leawood is clean, comfortable and well furnished. The rooms are spacious. The management and staff are kind and caring and professional.

Leawood Manor

Outstanding home, clean, tidy, caring helpful staff. Beautiful accommodation.

Leawood Manor

Very caring, thoughtful to residents. Accommodation very good. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Leawood Manor

I love being here. I have been here since December 2006. Excellent.

Leawood Manor

Total satisfaction with care and attention given to my father.

Leawood Manor

My brother has been a resident at Leawood Manor for eighteen months. I would recommend on all aspects i.e care, staff, facilities, rooms and hygiene, the meals are outstanding. I personally would be very happy to be admitted to Leawood should the need arise in the future. I have nothing but admiration for all staff for the love and care shown to all, including the residents families.

Leawood Manor

Facing the decision to find care accommodation for an elderly parent is one of the most difficult things to come to terms with. I am giving this recommendation in the hope that it will help someone when that time comes. My time came after my mother had a broken hip following a fall. Once the hip had healed the hospital was organising a date for her to leave hospital. During her time in hospital mother was receiving physiotherapy but had not achieved the ability to walk or even go to the toilet alone and was therefore wheelchair bound and needed 24/7 attention. I was loath to agree a date for mother to leave hospital because I knew that once she had she would no longer receive physiotherapy and I would be sentencing her to a life in a wheelchair. On explaining this to the hospital they informed me that ‘your mother does not have the potential to improve further’ and there was no more they could do for her. Armed with this the family researched care homes in the area, and on visiting Leawood Manor we knew immediately it was the one, and can honestly say that our first impression has proved correct. I was told the day mother went into the home that I was to treat everything the same as home, I could pop in and out as was convenient to me, the kitchen was mother’s kitchen and I was to use it as such. I must say that I never had cause to use the kitchen even to make a cup of tea since food and drinks are given to residents regularly throughout the day. On one occasion in the summer I arrived to find all the residents being given a choice of ice cream or an ice lolly. Mother had only been in the home a matter of weeks when I arrived to find her walking with a frame. I can tick all the boxes for Leawood Manor when it comes to the standard requirements of cleanliness in bedrooms, bathrooms, dining rooms, sitting rooms and also personal cleanliness, but Leawood Manor gives more than the basic requirement. Staff are well trained and are true carers, they are always happy, smiling and have time for everyone, it is one big home. Should anyone ask for any suggestions to make Leawood Manor a better place I would be unable to give any since for me it has everything and gives everything. The residents are entertained by outside groups on regular basis. They have a café on the ground floor of the building where visitors can go for coffee. I could go on, Leawood Manor has given me peace of mind that mother is well cared for in every aspect and I find it a pleasure to visit. My thanks must go to Jeremy and his team for running what must be the finest care home ever.

Submit a Recommendation for Leawood Manor

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Leawood Manor

There are no jobs posted yet for Leawood Manor

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Leawood Manor