Loxley Lodge, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Loxley Lodge
Loxley Lodge

Loxley Lodge care home is a 42 bedded home located in Kirkby In Ashfield, able to cater for the following catergories:
elderly people and people with dementia.
The home itself has some lovely rooms, with views overlooking the garden.
Having been recently decorated throughout we have two large lounges, activities area, t and comfortable seating for service users and visitors, along with bright dining rooms, and many small quiet relaxing areas.
We are close to all local amenities and facilities. Three meals a day are offered, along with refreshments as and when required. The home is staffed
24 hours a day by fully trained care staff.
There is a nurse call system with
buzzer points in every room for service Please feel free to visit the home, look around, speak to the staff and perhaps stay for a meal or afternoon tea.

Group: Leyton Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Heather King (Care Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 42 residents

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Loxley Lodge: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Loxley Lodge

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Loxley Lodge

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.6 for Loxley Lodge) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Loxley Lodge

Bedrooms newly decorated, lovely tea room (for family), manager was very friendly also all staff members.

Submitted by Linda B (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 12 June 2014.

Review of Loxley Lodge

My mother has been here for a very long time so I can speak with some authority when I say that under the present management it has become a warm and welcoming home for the residents. My mother has also been very unwell of late and my husband and myself have been called out on numerous occasions, twice at 3.30 in the morning, so we have seen the care both night and day. The dedication, care and consideration given by all the staff, be they cook, cleaner, care assistant or management, has to be seen to be believed. My mother is holding her own at present and, in my opinion, this is all down to the staff at Loxley Lodge. If you are looking for a warm and welcoming home for a relative, where they will be looked after very well indeed, then Loxley Lodge should be your choice.

Submitted by Brenda Walters (Daughter of resident) on Monday 30 December 2013.

Review of Loxley Lodge

We needed to find a home quickly for our mum, with no appointment we just arrived at Loxley Lodge. The security was excellent, the warm friendly atmosphere all very pleasing. Once we had decided to go ahead with Loxley, Heather arranged for the room we had chosen to be decorated in mum's favourite colours along with matching bedding. She was also able to have her own personal belongings in her room. Heather and all her staff are very helpful, caring, giving love and warmth, keeping the residents well hydrated, ensuring dignity to all. Prompt action is taken for any medical needs when required. We leave confident that mum is left safe and in capable hands. Well done to you all at Loxley.

Submitted by Malcolm and Christine Martin (Son and daughter-in-law) on Monday 28 October 2013.

Review of Loxley Lodge

PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR RELATIVE/FRIEND INTO A CARE HOME WITHOUT READING MY COMMENT FIRST!!! This is a one off care home. The attention to detail on the decor in the entire building is outstanding. It feels warm, friendly, inviting and homely. Better than all bland magnolia walls in any other Care Homes I have visited. The food is like home cooked food I would serve up at home. My Grandmother eats every meal served to her, which is so reassuring considering they are in a different place they have been used to for so many years and and she is pretty frail. The staff have been fantastic. Each and every individual one has their own great qualities. My hat goes off to the Managingment, 'Heather' and 'Debbie'. I didn't want my Grandmother to be another statistic in a Care Home. I wanted the best for her and I feel Loxley Lodge excels this above and beyond. I feel this is all down to great Management and leadership. I would like to confirm I am just a Grandad Daughter that wants to express how happy I am, as trying to find the right home for a loved one is such a hard decision and emotionally draining. But would recommend Loxley Lodge to whomever is reading this. Just phone and arrange a look around, you will not be disappointed. Miss Walton

Submitted by Kate Walton (Relative is in the care home) on Wednesday 28 August 2013.

Review of Loxley Lodge

Putting my mother into care was always going to be difficult. However the care and consideration she has received has been excellent. The assistance from all parts of the home has made the transition a surprisingly pleasant experience. I would have no hesitation in recommending Loxley Lodge. I firmly believe a care home is only as good as its staff. I cannot speak highly enough about the staff. In all departments, they are absolutely excellent. Everyone remains cheerful, attentive and professional at all times. All my family are happy in the knowledge that my mother is looked after to such a high standard. Visit this care home for the first time and you will find the warm welcome and friendly atmosphere will extend far beyond that initial visit. Because of the staff, it's simply, very, very good.

Submitted by neil shaw (son of resident) on Tuesday 27 August 2013.

Review of Loxley Lodge

Very friendly and caring. They treat the residents with respect. Everyone who makes visits is welcome.

Submitted by Val B (Friend of resident) on Wednesday 21 August 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Loxley Lodge

There are no jobs posted yet for Loxley Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Loxley Lodge