The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home

(The Oaks & Little Oaks), 172 London Road, Balderton, Newark-on-Trent NG24 3BN

The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home, Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire

The Oaks Care Centre has been purpose-built in a pleasant residential aea of Newark to provide a combination of residential, nursing and respite packages to up to seventy-three individuals.

Though a large facility, carers focus upon personalised care to ensure each residents is treated as an individual and has their own particular health needs met.

A wide range of activities and outings are on the itinerary for The Oaks' residents, with day trips to Twycross Zoo proving a popular destination and a range of therapies and church services also available.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 73 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home: click here

9.1 The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.126)

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home is based on 16 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.126 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.715 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.411 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.126 for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home is based on 16 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.715 for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (134 Excellents x 5) + (51 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 186 Ratings = 4.715

The Quantity Score of 4.411 for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

7 Reviews* is 4.7 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 7 reviews. Ratings from the 9 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

I'm always satisfied what they do for me and couldn't wish for better. There's always something arranged for us to do.

How likely would you be to recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home? Don't know

I enjoy being at the home. The staff treat me well, the manager looks after us. I like the food and I can have what I like. My favourite meal is cooked breakfast and I have it everyday!

How likely would you be to recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like being at the care home, staff ate friendly food is lovely and I would recommend it to anyone. I've been here about 9 months and I'm happy with it.

I am as happy as I can be living at the care home. The staff are lovely and my bedroom which has recently been decorated is lovely.

I have fun with the staff and they look after me. Generally I'm looked after well, I like it here. I have been here for 8 years so it must be good!

Over the years, I have been in many services, mental health units and also admitted to hospital because I suffered with depression, stress and anxiety. Nowhere really helped until I met the manager here at The Oaks. She came to assess me and I trusted every word she said. In the hospital, no one had time to spend with me so I was not getting any support with my issues.

I came to The Oaks feeling depressed, I didn't have any confidence, and for years I had never been out shopping because I was too anxious. Since I came to The Oaks for respite with the help of the staff, I slowly regained my confidence, I was able to go shopping and communicate with other people, something I had been struggling with for a long time. My family are really proud of me and because of my depression and anxiety, I hadn't been eating properly which worried my family even more.

The care and support I have received at The Oaks has made a big difference to my life and also to my families. The staff helped in they way they spoke to me, the way they treated me with dignity and respect, took me out when I needed to go out, they also encouraged me to start eating again. The best part of it was they spent time with me.
I have such a laugh and a joke with the staff which is lovely and something that never happened in the hospital. They treat me as me which was all I ever wanted anyone to do. They welcomed me on board from the minute I got there and I have never looked back. I have had a new hair do, new clothes, nails manicured. I feel better than I have in years and they welcome me back with open arms every time I am here.

I am happy at the care home, there is a source of happiness that comes from somewhere. The staff are friendly, all well trained and they are there for me if I need them.

Mum has been in two other care homes before being here and one of them I refused to let her stay in after a few days. he care, food and attitude of staff is so much above the previous homes. If we are not happy about something the staff are always willing to help i.e mum struggles with coordination of fork to mouth, the staff now give her specially designed spoons to encourage independence.

No Average Rating is available*

I would certainly recommend the homes to others. Everywhere has little issues, no where is perfect but I'm very happy with the home.
I like the staff and everyone is kind.

No Average Rating is available*

This home is very friendly to both residents and relatives. The staff are open to listening to any requests that may help towards the care of residents, if we (the relatives) have any concerns, they will usually listen and try to help. The home has a very welcoming feel about it and I would recommend it.

No Average Rating is available*

The home is brilliant, I had a choice of homes and finally chose the oaks! I would recommend the service to others without question.

No Average Rating is available*

Last Summer, when my family were very stressed and worried about mum, following her fall and severe heart attack, we we welcomed and reassured by Margaret and her staff. I am particularly pleased with the cheerful atmosphere at The Oaks, thanks to the friendly and helpful staff. Also I am impressed with the variety of activities provided whether it be a quiz, craft work, bingo or the singers brighten an afternoon for the staff and residents alike. Long may it continue.

No Average Rating is available*

Welcoming home - staff very friendly and helpful. Mother loves living here. Very well cared for. I have no worries knowing that she is so well cared for.

No Average Rating is available*

Mum is well looked after in a safe enviroment.

No Average Rating is available*

I would recommend the home to others defiantly. My husband and i are very satisfied, he has lived here for 3 years and I have no need to complain about the home. Have not met the new home manager!

No Average Rating is available*

Have to say so far care has been beyond reproach. Carers have been exceptional and have had staff come in on their day off to assist with mother and take her to the shower and dry her hair as she is unable to easily sit up so the hair dresser has problems.
The nursing staff have also shown proven ability in their dedication to assist and have on all occasions been honest and dedicated towards the care, both holistic and medical.

Submit a Review for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home