Seely Hirst House

62-68 Mapperley Road, Nottingham NG3 5AS

Seely Hirst House, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

Seely Hirst House is a non-profit making charitable trust, whose resources are devoted to the well-being of its residents.

The Home offers spacious single accommodation for up to 38 people over the age of 65, who require help with daily living.

Many of the bedrooms offer en-suite facilities, with call points, door and mat sensors providing twenty-four hour assistance.

Seely Hirst is proud of its reputation for serving high quality, well balanced traditional home cooked food. There is a choice of menu and personal preferences and special dietary needs are catered for.

A dedicated team of committed care, domestic and support staff provide a high standard of care and assistance around the clock. A number of the staff have been employed by the Home for many years and have an excellent understanding of the needs of elderly residents and dementia care.

Owner: Trustees of Seely Hirst House

Person in charge: Julie Ward-Daft (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottingham City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 38 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Eating Disorders • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Epilepsy • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Seely Hirst House: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Seely Hirst House is based on 13 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.465 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.781 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.684 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.465 for Seely Hirst House is based on 13 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.781 for Seely Hirst House is calculated as follows: ( (122 Excellents x 5) + (32 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 155 Ratings = 4.781

The Quantity Score of 4.684 for Seely Hirst House is calculated as follows:

Both my parents have been residents at Seely Hirst House until my father passed away in March 2014, my mother is still a resident and has been for a number of years. My family and I cannot speak highly enough of the treatment that both of our parents have received. The staff are friendly, thorough and incredibly efficient. The home is always clean, warm and friendly and the quality of the food is excellent. My mum's health has improved out of sight over the last few years and I can only put this down to the way she has been looked after by the excellent staff at Seely Hirst.

How likely would you be to recommend Seely Hirst House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Seely Hirst House for sixteen weeks. She came for just two weeks respite and today it has been agreed that she can become a permanent resident. When my mother arrived we didn't think she would be long for this world but the difference now is quite remarkable, despite her Alzheimer's and other problems. She has regained some spark, is much calmer and happier, besides looking clean and smart all the time.

A few years ago my mother had several days respite in another home, following a spell in hospital. That particular home made us incredibly wary of residential but the atmosphere at Seely Hirst is so, so different. I love the way that you are welcome to visit at any time and sit in the lovely modern , light lounge or patio/garden. The home cooked food looks very appetising and prepared in a clean kitchen, as you can see through a large window into this room. [The score on the door is the top 5 and reflects this.] Something that often doesn't get mentioned is the laundry but, this vital aspect is also very important and very well maintained here.

I have been impressed by the leadership which is absolutely vital to any well run business and especially in a care home. They are always looking to improve standards and you can discuss any concerns with them. Nothing seems too much trouble. The staff get to know the residents and there are plenty of smiles and laughs to cheer the day. Many of the fantastic and friendly staff have been there for years which speaks for itself. There is expertise in a variety of conditions plus appropriate regular visits from medical personnel. I can relax knowing my mother is well cared for and safe. Thank you to all the great team!

How likely would you be to recommend Seely Hirst House? Extremely Likely

My wife was admitted to Seely Hirst House in December 2013. And will remain there as a resident, the family are very happy with the care being shown to her. Having found a home with such dedicated staff and management, nothing appears to be to much trouble. I have enjoyed the 2 Christmas dinners with her, and a New Years Day dinner. The standard of food and service was excellent, and visitors are always made most welcome on special days or any other days. My wife enjoys the many activities arranged when she can understand them and also music from various visiting groups or from the care home CD player. My family are pleased that my wife is in excellent hands all through the day and night, and that her needs are dealt with immediately.

How likely would you be to recommend Seely Hirst House? Extremely Likely

Seely Hurst is very good. They have a lot of social activities, I have been on trips such as boat trips out for meals.
My wife was looked after well at Seely. The food at Seely is lovely, cannot fault it you couldn't better it. Very lucky to have food that is provided, that is why I used to come and have meals with my wife.

How likely would you be to recommend Seely Hirst House? Extremely Likely

Whilst a resident at Seely Hirst my mother has always been looked after very well and in a caring way. I have been particularly impressed by the compassionate care that she received from all staff during her final days.

How likely would you be to recommend Seely Hirst House? Extremely Likely

My mother has lived here since June 2010 and she has been very happy. Previously she was in sheltered housing and became very lovely with physical symptoms as a result. She has periods in hospital. Since being at Seely Hirst House, these symptoms has disappeared and she is so much happier with other people. This is largely due to the care received from the staff here without being asked, they arranged in January for an optician to visit and prescribed my mother with new spectacles. She is well cared for, she recently had her 98th birthday and was provided with presents, cake and coke for her.

I feel like this is my own home. I have all my ornaments and photos in my room and that makes me feel very at home. I like the food here it' s just like I used to make at home. I'm highly satisfied.

How likely would you be to recommend Seely Hirst House? Extremely Likely

I like it here because the staff are here to help me if I need it but they still allow me to be independent and do what I can for myself. Also the home is very clean and I think that is very important. The staff are good.

How likely would you be to recommend Seely Hirst House? Likely

e

My mother and mother in law were both residents of this care home for several years, until sadly, they passed away.
I cannot recommend the home strongly enough. The quality of love,care and support provided was amazing day in and day out.The management and staff are wonderful.The facilities are excellent. The home is warm and comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Seely Hirst House? Extremely Likely

Excellent care home with warm homely and welcoming feel.
Very high standards of cleanliness and wonderful food cooked on the premises. Cannot recommend highly enough.

I didn't want to come into a home but now I'm here I've found it is not so bad. I feel happy and I feel looked after which is what I wanted.

How likely would you be to recommend Seely Hirst House? Likely

We get everything we want here. It is a beautiful place, I have a lovely room and we are treated very well. They arranged for me to have a bigger, new bed as the other one was too small for me. The food is very good too.

How likely would you be to recommend Seely Hirst House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Seely Hirst House for five years.
I have visited on an almost daily basis over that time and therefore feel well placed to comment on the care which my mother has received.
Over that period of time my mother's medical and physical needs have changed and I can say that these have been met by the staff at the home.
The most important factor has been the quality of the carers whose patience and commitment to those in their care never ceases to impress. I am always made to feel welcome and am involved in all aspects of my mother's care.
The home is undergoing some refurbishment at the moment which will provide more spacious accommodation for the residents on completion.

Submit a Review for Seely Hirst House

July 2015

Lunch Time Assistant

living wage (Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Seely Hirst House