Epworth Grange, Bury, Greater Manchester

Epworth Grange, in Bury, is organised to suit an independent style of living, together with the practice of personalised care packages.

The service looks to integrate residents into a warm community atmosphere, with a number of communal areas and 'family groups', within a facility made up of five versatile wings.

The carers and family groups look to help individuals achieve self-support, through the practice of domestic skills.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bury Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 40 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Epworth Grange: click here

The user Review Score of 9.2 for Epworth Grange is based on 11 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.178 is made up of 4.628 Points relating to the ratings and 4.55 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My father became resident at Epworth Grange when it had become no longer possible to care for him at home. From the moment he was visited before moving in he was treated by the staff as an individual. As his condition deteriorated and his dementia worsened - despite some difficult behaviours - all the staff were committed to giving him the best care possible looking for ways to stimulate him, provide him with carers he could work with and provide sandwiches at some odd times. Records and care plans were kept in his room so we were always able to keep up to date.

Unfortunately my father died earlier this year. As the end came the staff continued to provide excellent support to him and the family. They were ready to work with a palliative care plan and able to help us understand the process. As the end came staff would sit with him and kept their promise that he would not be alone waiting with him until family arrived.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely LIKELY

I was delighted to come here, had nerves due to worrying about having my medication on time, but have always had my medication on time and I need not to worry. It upsets me at times that supper is always late. The home itself is very pleasant and the arrangement of the services are excellent, very happy with my room, the staff are very friendly and I have made friends with a few. The staff at times can be overworked and very busy and I have to be patient and wait for assistance.

My mum has dementia and has lived at Epworth Grange for 10 months. I am delighted with the care that my mum has received since moving in. I have found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the culture of treating all residents with respect and dignity is evident every time I visit. The home is always clean, pleasant and well maintained, there are several communal areas, both inside and out and plenty of room for my mum to walk around. The programme of activities is very varied and I have always been made to feel welcome when I visit each week. Now that my mum has settled in to her new home at Epworth Grange she seems calmer and happier than she has for a long time, which is the best recommendation of all.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely LIKELY

My father had vascular dementia and had two weeks in respite care before transferring to Epworth Grange in Bury. We had been recommended to Epworth and after looking around and meeting some of the staff, had no doubt that it was suitable for dad. It became very clear that dad was extremely poorly and an assessment was carried out with great sensitivity. The carers were nothing short of fantastic in the way they handled the situation and looked after dad. They were also amazing with my mother as well. unfortunately my father died after only a short time but his care couldn't have been better and we were kept fully informed throughout. We cant thank them enough for the care and nursing dad to die peacefully with dignity. All the staff are caring, friendly and approachable.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely LIKELY

Whenever I visit Epworth Grange I am always impressed by the range of activities on offer to the residents. There is always a seasonal theme - around Easter, Mothers Day, a sporting event as well as regular things like crosswords and quizzes and visiting entertainers. Visitors are always made welcome and encouraged to join in. There always seems to be a good number of staff on duty, both paid and volunteers. Another thing I am impressed with is the encouragement to drink fluids, regular drinks including milkshakes are brought round and those who need it are given help. The staff seem good at checking if anyone hasn't had theirs.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely LIKELY

My brother-in-law seems to have settled in well, having very good care, plenty of activities for the residents. Very pleasant and caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely LIKELY

Very friendly and helpful with Christian input.

I think it's very good and I'm enjoying my time here. I think the staff is very nice the food also good.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Likely

Mum moved into Epworth Grange after seven week stay in hospital, unable to walk and having a stoma was new. Staff very gently settled mum in and helped her to regain loss of confidence from being hoisted from wheelchair to commode etc mum can now walk again with a frame. The rooms are spacious and being able to bring in own furniture, pictures and to have paintings on the wall makes it very homely. The activities are varied and choices can be made by mum. Being able to play the piano, go out to various things at church and out with family gives mum a freedom and ability to continue her life. Staff are very caring and warm, know mum and meet her physical needs and gives sense of security and are excellent. Encourages her just at the right time, it's great to see the joy brought by new achievement shared by staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely LIKELY

I cannot praise and recommend Epworth Grange too highly their commitment and care is outstanding. It is an enormous privilege to know that my friend is being cared for at this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely LIKELY

The staff at Epworth Grange are all very good at what they do, always ready to help even if it is something small you need.

Submit a Review for Epworth Grange

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Epworth Grange

There are no jobs posted yet for Epworth Grange

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Epworth Grange