Fees Advice From Saga
Avonleigh Gardens, Oldham, Greater Manchester
Avonleigh Gardens
Avonleigh Gardens

Tel: 0161 627 5722

Avonleigh Gardens, in Oldham, conduct personally tailored care packages, with staff experienced in coping with many healthcare challenges, including for service users with dementia care needs.

Residents enjoy a number of rooms in which to dine and socialise, with numerous activities to become involved with, such as arts and crafts, sing-alongs, coffee morning, excercise classes and bingo.

Part of the MHA portfolio of care home, Avonleigh Gardens carers remain up-to-date with current care regulation requirements, while operating its own Quality Standards Programme.

Owner: M H A / Methodist Homes

Local Authority / Social Services: Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 58 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Avonleigh Gardens: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Avonleigh Gardens

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Avonleigh Gardens

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.9 for Avonleigh Gardens) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Avonleigh Gardens on Monday 11 November 2013 by Paul Scott (Son of resident)

Excellent care and service provided. My Father is so happy there. He keeps saying 'I have landed on my feet here'. Due to his general well-being there, his dementia is stable and he has not deteriorated.

Review of Avonleigh Gardens on Friday 1 November 2013 by Derek Sheard (Son of resident)

For the past 5 years my mother, 101 years old with dementia has been cared for at the above home. The strong and constant support of all who work at Avonleigh has helped me enormously to cope especially during mum's distressing mood swings. Perhaps the highest recommendation I can give is that should it be necessary at any time for me to go into a home then Avonleigh Gardens is, without question, where I would prefer to be.

Review of Avonleigh Gardens on Tuesday 22 October 2013 by Alison Kennedy (Daughter of resident)

A lovely homely atmosphere, bright, clean, and cheery. Committed staff - carers, volunteers, cooks, cleaners etc. Good communication with us regarding mum's care. Good liaison with social services, vicar, GP, dentist, district nurses, dieticians... They truly care about your relatives (no cutting corners). Excellent meal provision. Activities provided for residents.

Review of Avonleigh Gardens on Wednesday 16 October 2013 by John Barrie G (Son of resident)

Mam has been in Avonleigh Gardens for 18 months and she always seems very happy and treats it as her own home. The staff always make you feel very welcome whatever time you visit. I couldn't recommend it any higher than the marks I've given below. I would recommend it to anyone looking for their loved ones a home that cares.

Review of Avonleigh Gardens on Monday 14 October 2013 by joyce sykes (Relative)

Avonleigh is a wonderful place that allows me to spend quality time with my mum. The staff are so caring and approachable that if ever there was a problem I would feel confident that it would be sorted. The residents are stimulated with the many activities available. The home is very clean with the only smell being of home cooked food. The residents are treated with dignity and the care shown to them is so comforting. The communication between the staff and the family is excellent and any changes are passed to the family as appropriate. Both residents and their family members support the many social events run by the home which helps to create an atmosphere of fun and pleasure for all involved. Thanks to Avonleigh I have peace of mind that my mum is being well cared for and that she is happy.

Review of Avonleigh Gardens on Monday 14 October 2013 by Yvonne Ormrod (Daughter of resident)

This residential home is fantastic, you will have to go a long way to find one as good as this. As a family we needed to look for somewhere for our very much loved Mother, and we found it terrified us - we needed to find a place that would mirror home, a place where above all Mum would have all her needs met. A place where people had compassion, that really cared for her, where activities would be available, with first class food and cleanliness; in total, an impossible task - but thank the Lord we found Avonleigh Gardens. We can go about our daily lives not worrying if Mum's happy/looked after, because she is.

Review of Avonleigh Gardens on Wednesday 5 September 2012 by Yvonne Ormrod (Daughter of Resident)

From the moment you walk into Avonleigh Gardens you instantly feel the warmth and love of this wonderful place. You are greeted with a big cheery smile and the first words are hello how can we help you (I thought that was just going to be a one off greeting!!! not at all that’s what you receive anytime day or night that you arrive) (And by the way, we didn’t inform the home we would like to visit!! we just turned up at 8.30pm on a Wednesday) but nothing is too much trouble for any member of this wonderful team which is run by a fantastic Manager. Who has only managed to employ the best care team in the country. Each and every member of her team really does care about the elderly and boy does it show. The respect, kindness, willingness to help the residents well, its heart warming, along side that Yvonne has also managed to employ the best domestics, caterers and entertainments organizer who makes out 7 days of entertainment 3 different activities a day not to leave out the fab hairdresser – They also have a weekly church service. The rooms are second to none, beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. You can also visit 7 days a week anytime as many times as you would like... If you have an hour to spare become a volunteer and get yourself involved. The food is top class cooked fresh daily with an unbelievable menu always smells and Mum says tastes delicious (and Mum just wouldn’t say that to be nice) you would think you had walked into the Hilton in fact our Mum wouldn’t be any better treated if she was in the Hilton. The other thing to mention is how guilty you may feel at having to make such a big decision, of having to look for and find that wonderful place the one that will give you peace of mind 24/7 that would mean you wouldn’t need to worry if your loved one was being looked after or neglected. I know about that because it broke my heart and that of my family as we were unable to give Mum 24/7 care ourselves we hoped and prayed we would get it right and we did in finding Avonleigh Gardens. If that’s what you are looking for your search is over. God Bless this whole team.

Submit a Recommendation for Avonleigh Gardens

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Avonleigh Gardens and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Avonleigh Gardens

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Avonleigh Gardens