Sunnyside, Manchester, Greater Manchester

Sunnyside Care Centre is located in a peaceful part of Droylsdon and offers a safe and secure environment with high quality accommodation, home cooking and round the clock care. Has a warm, caring team who strive to provide the very best care and attention to each and every resident.

The purpose-built property offers accommodation on two floors that can be accessed via passenger lift. All bedrooms are single and some have en-suite facilities. All rooms have TV and nurse call systems. Communal areas include dining, lounge and quiet areas, a reception area and conservatory. The home has its own hairdressing salon.

A varied menu choice is available daily and special diets can be catered for.

Group: Meridian Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Alison Leighton (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 43 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): British Sign Language

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Sunnyside: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.4 for Sunnyside) is based on 15 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Sunnyside

Staff are friendly and helpful. Nothing too much trouble food is good. Good to know that staff on hand if I am not feeling too good.

Sunnyside

Staff are lovely and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Meals are nice and rooms are warm and welcoming. Activities are excellent and there is always lots to do .

Sunnyside

My time at Sunnyside has been most enjoyable. Food is lovely and nothing is to much trouble for the staff. I really like my room where I get a good nights sleep every night. My family visit me all the time which I enjoy also.

Sunnyside

I love the staff. I love my room. The management are very helpful. I love living here.

Sunnyside

I would recommend this home. I like this home, I feel safe and well looked after. Lovely people around, friendly nice and very helpful.

Sunnyside

The staff are very good. The food is very good. I enjoy my time at Sunnyside. A friendly place. Lovely rooms. I enjoy going out, and the entertainment. I would recommend Sunnyside to other people.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunnyside? Likely

Sunnyside

Staff are fabulous; make you feel very relaxed and happy. It is always a very friendly and happy atmosphere. All the patients well looked after, as are, all extended family.

Sunnyside

What can I say. My mother in the place my family. We are satisfied with the care she gets. The staff are always helpful and polite.

Sunnyside

I come to visit Irene Cassidy. The staff are always welcoming and friendly to me and more importantly the residents. They do everything possible to ensure her days are varied eg, different rooms, and that she is comfortable. Her condition has improved as best it can since she has been here. She eats and has put weight on. More importantly she can now help herself at meal times a little more.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunnyside? Likely

Sunnyside

I think the home is very good and meets all of my needs. The staff are very helpful and the food is enjoyable. My time at Sunnyside has so far been very good and I would gladly recommend it to family & friends.

Sunnyside

I found the Sunnyside Care Home to be very clean and friendly. The staff are excellent, they are very patient to the residents, very caring, nothing is too much trouble. There is a happy atmosphere, I am very happy and have peace of mind that they are well looked after. I would recommend Sunnyside Care Home to anyone who has to find a care home.

Sunnyside

I have been in this care home for some time and thoroughly enjoy living here. As all my family live in Australia so living here is nice as I am not on my own.

Sunnyside

My husband who is 82 years old with problems of dementia/ALZ has been in respite at Sunnyside care home for 2 weeks. This home has been under new management for the past 12 months and have worked extremely hard to improved everything about it. Previously it had got really run down and like it was I certainly would not have put my husband in there even though I desperately needed some help. I was shattered completely.

Sunnyside

My nana has been at Sunnyside for 18 months. I am happy with her care as she is much happier here, she is receiving the care she needs and has made some friends with the other residents and staff. On the whole she is in good spirits most times I visit. All the staff are lovely too.

Sunnyside

All the staff are caring,supportive and happy to help with dads needs. They have a good understanding of dads dementia needs, and know how to help and support him on his bad dementia days. The food and drinks are varied and cater for all dietary needs and tastes. The staff are always happy to help and nothing is to much trouble.

Submit a Review for Sunnyside

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Sunnyside

There are no jobs posted yet for Sunnyside

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunnyside