Thornton Hall & Lodge, Crosby, Liverpool, Merseyside
Thornton Hall & Lodge
Thornton Hall & Lodge

Tel: 0151 924 2940

Thornton Hall and Lodge are purpose-built care homes in Thornton specialising in care for older people.  Thornton Hall provides 24hr residential care for 48 residents, while the separate Thornton Lodge gives round the clock dementia care for 48 elderly people. Both homes welcome private and local authority funded residents.

The homes offer a wide range of features designed with the comfort, privacy and independent lifestyle choices of our residents in mind. All bedrooms come with en-suite shower wet room, telephone-point, internet access and mini fridge, while for entertainment purposes they have been equipped with a flat screen television, digital TV channels and personal DVD player.

Public areas of the homes, which include a choice of TV or quiet lounges, a family room for more personal gatherings and our own hairdressing salon, are fitted with a loop system for those with hearing difficulties. And in our dining rooms we serve a variety of delicious home-cooked food from our daily menus, specially developed for us by a nutritionist.

Our beautiful enclosed gardens provide a pleasant and secure environment to enjoy the outdoors while our daily activity and entertainment programme caters for a range of hobbies and interests.

Group: Orchard Care Homes

Person in charge: Gaynor Wardle (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sefton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 96 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Lift • Wheelchair access • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Thornton Hall & Lodge: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Thornton Hall & Lodge

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Thornton Hall & Lodge

Recommendation Score: 8 (8.042)

The user 'Recommendation Score' ( 8 for Thornton Hall & Lodge) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Thornton Hall & Lodge on Monday 19 May 2014 by Julie Lawson (Daughter of Resident)

My mum spent 1 year at Thornton Hall. I moved her from another home as I was not happy with her care or cleanliness. Moving her was an excellent move she settled quickly and the staff were amazing and very kind to her despite her being very difficult at times. They were excellent with her and us at nursing her to end of life on 3/3/14 and cannot thank Tammy, Bryan, Emma, Lyn and the staff for their patience and care especially Terry too who was amazing with my mum.

Review of Thornton Hall & Lodge on Friday 16 November 2012 by Paula Pattullo (Daughter of Resident)

We visited at least 20 care homes to find a place for my vulnerable mum. Thornton Hall stood far above all the others and we felt fortunate to secure a place there. It has fulfilled all its promise and more. My mum has flourished in the warm, comfortable atmosphere. There is always something going on and I frequently have to wait to take my mum out because she is busy enjoying herself, singing, dancing, quizzing etc.etc. She looks amazing, beautifully turned out and is so patently happy. Thanks Thornton!

Submit a Recommendation for Thornton Hall & Lodge

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Thornton Hall & Lodge and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

CARE ASSISTANT - NIGHTS

£6.64-£6.74 PER HOUR

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Liverpool , Merseyside

7 hours ago

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Thornton Hall & Lodge