Daneside Mews Care Home, Northwich, Cheshire

Located near the river Dane in Northwich, Cheshire, Daneside Mews Care Home is a purpose built 34 bedded property offering Dementia care.

At Daneside Mews Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Daneside Mews chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Mikki Vornicu (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire West and Chester Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 34 residents

Facilities & Services: Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Daneside Mews Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Daneside Mews Care Home is based on 17 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.655 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.655 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.655 for Daneside Mews Care Home is based on 17 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.655 for Daneside Mews Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (134 Excellents x 5) + (63 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 200 Ratings = 4.655

The Quantity Score of 5 for Daneside Mews Care Home is calculated as follows:

My mother has dementia and is 94 years old and lives with my father who is 97 years old. He is her carer and they have been married for 70 years! Mum had a fall on the 3 February which meant caring for her was more difficult for my dad. He became exhausted and asked me to find 2 weeks respite care. I rang around to nearby care homes and was glad that Daneside Mews would assess mum quickly. She was placed there within 3 days of my call - wonderful! They both want to be back together at their home, but this break has helped enormously.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

A caring well run care home with dedicated staff. Residents are treated with dignity and compassion. My husband was a resident for two weeks respite care. This was his third admission to Daneside Mews for short term respite care.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Likely

My mum was a resident at Daneside Mews for 9 months. She suffered with dementia and also had a broken hip. The staff looked after my mum and gave family amazing support. The care home is well looked after which makes it easy to spend time there. The food was always of a good standard and the staff had great patience helping. My mum eats and drinks keeping her strength up. I would certainly recommend Daneside Mews for their exceptional care and support.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother arrived at Daneside Mews in December 2015, she was very agitated and distressed after a long care journey. The manager met us at the door and within minutes mum was calm and happy again. Since being here she has improved so much it is such a calm and caring home. Mum is well cared for and nothing is too much trouble. She celebrated her 90th birthday within the first 2 weeks of her stay and everyone made such a fuss of her it was wonderful. This care home is by far superior to other homes we looked at and the one she came from. The manager and staff are excellent. Well done Daneside Mews Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very pleased that my mother has settled in well, and has even started to eat again. Lovely carers.

My mother has been a resident at Daneside Mews for approximately 4 years and from day one she settled in. I have been very happy with the care provided, her room is always kept tidy and clean as is my mother. I can't ask my mother is she is happy as she has dementia, but when I go to see her she always seems happy and I notice how fond she is of the staff as she kisses and waves to them.

Made my mum feel very welcome as soon as she arrived, and myself as well. Staff are very friendly and caring they cant do enough. Called the doctor out straight away when her leg became swollen and was put on antibiotics. All information is given to me when I visit my mum daily.

I'm a resident in here at the moment. The staff are kind, considerate and compassionate, helpful and extremely efficient at their job which reflects on the manager, who is kind, helpful, cheerful and pleasant and very good at her job picking the right staff and organising its running. Meals appetizing and wholesome, the home is well decorated and always clean and tidy. Activities outside pursuits are interesting and conducted by volunteers weekly. Living here is like being in a 5 star hotel, I shall miss it when I leave.

My first impression was that I received a pleasant greeting and a nice smile from the female who let me in. She asked me to sign the book and who I had come to visit. Then asked if, after my visit, I would complete this form. I was taken to my friend and invited to go into a comfortable lounge and was very soon brought a tea tray with tea and biscuits (very impressive). Lounge was comfortable, clean and warm. I shared a very good visit with my friend. I did not see other parts but clients looked comfortable and cared for. There looked to be plenty of staff around, all busy, but from time to time gave me a smile.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Likely

Mum became a resident on 31/3/15 and the staff were extremely helpful in finding a place for Mum, reassuring us at every step.

I feel my father is very happy and I am very pleased for his care. I think he is very well looked after, he also enjoys peoples company that he lives with, he also enjoys his meals. I would recommend with hi illness he has been very well cared for.

Since mum has been in this care home everyone has been excellent. I feel mum is in safe hands, for the first time in the last 12 months, a great relief!

Me and my family are very happy with the care and services provided. The staff have been excellent in supporting both Joyce (resident) and our family over the last 12 months. Thank you!

Only early days of respite care but to date I am so very pleased with the caring and compassionate nature of all the staff.

Very caring & happy staff. Pleasant, comfortable lounges & bedroom. I always feel well informed by the staff about my dad. I know he is safe.

Overall standard & staff is excellent. The activities are very good and very fun. The fairies that you do for everyone are really good too, all the rooms are clean, sparkling. Thank you for taking care of my mum.

My mother suffers from Vascular Dementia. She attended Daneside Mews initially for respite, however she is now a resident. I find the home to be a home from home environment and all the staff appear to be caring and committed to giving 100% attention to the residents and their relatives.

Submit a Review for Daneside Mews Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Daneside Mews Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Daneside Mews Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Daneside Mews Care Home