The Elms, Crewe, Cheshire

The Elms is a purpose-built home in the Coppenhall area, approximately one mile from Crewe town centre. The home is staffed by a friendly team who promote a family atmosphere. Personal development and knowledge are also promoted, with the team achieving or working towards diplomas in care, and taking part in training programmes to enhance the level of care within the home. Residents are encouraged to have a say in home life through regular meetings.

Services include 24 hour residential care, respite care and day care.

The Elms is part of the award-winning CLS Group, a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing innovative services and outstanding care for older people.

Group: C L S Care Services Group

Person in charge: Nicola Brenan (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire East Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 40 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on The Elms: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.4 for The Elms) is based on 3 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

The Elms

My mother has been treated with great kindness during the past 22 months that she has been a resident at The Elms. All the staff have made sure that my mother received the care and attention that she required. My father and family were always made welcome when visiting. This is an excellent home with hardworking staff who take pride in providing the best service they can for the residents. Thank you.

The Elms

Our aunt has settled very well at The Elms, this is due to the excellent staff and facilities. Everyone here is always happy and staff treat the residents as though they are their own family. Nothing is ever too much trouble, I liken The Elms to a five star hotel. Also good home cooked meals that are delicious.

The Elms

I have seen such a big difference in my mother since she started residing at the Elms. She is very well cared for by all the staff. Any medical issues are dealt with promptly. I always say that since Mum has been at the Elms I have got my mother back. She looks so much better and is very happy. I know she is happy because she told me. Helen and her staff are excellent. I have no problem in recommending The Elms to anyone. Recently my sister and I took mum out for the day recently even though she enjoyed it when we took her back she said how nice to be home. Those words have stayed with me, to hear her say those words were wonderful.

Submit a Review for The Elms