The Elms, Crewe, Cheshire
The Elms
The Elms

The Elms is a purpose-built home in the Coppenhall area, approximately one mile from Crewe town centre. The home is staffed by a friendly team who promote a family atmosphere. Personal development and knowledge are also promoted, with the team achieving or working towards diplomas in care, and taking part in training programmes to enhance the level of care within the home. Residents are encouraged to have a say in home life through regular meetings.

Services include 24 hour residential care, respite care and day care.

The Elms is part of the award-winning CLS Group, a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing innovative services and outstanding care for older people.

Group: C L S Care Services Group

Person in charge: Nicola Brenan (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire East Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 40 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on The Elms: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by The Elms

May 2012

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.7 for The Elms) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of The Elms on Friday 1 August 2014 by Gillian Davies (Daughter of previous resident)

My mother has been treated with great kindness during the past 22 months that she has been a resident at The Elms. All the staff have made sure that my mother received the care and attention that she required. My father and family were always made welcome when visiting. This is an excellent home with hardworking staff who take pride in providing the best service they can for the residents. Thank you.

Review of The Elms on Monday 24 March 2014 by Val and Keith W (Neice and Nephew of resident)

Our aunt has settled very well at The Elms, this is due to the excellent staff and facilities. Everyone here is always happy and staff treat the residents as though they are their own family. Nothing is ever too much trouble, I liken The Elms to a five star hotel. Also good home cooked meals that are delicious.

Review of The Elms on Monday 13 January 2014 by Brian Dixon (Son of Resident)

I have seen such a big difference in my mother since she started residing at the Elms. She is very well cared for by all the staff. Any medical issues are dealt with promptly. I always say that since Mum has been at the Elms I have got my mother back. She looks so much better and is very happy. I know she is happy because she told me. Helen and her staff are excellent. I have no problem in recommending The Elms to anyone. Recently my sister and I took mum out for the day recently even though she enjoyed it when we took her back she said how nice to be home. Those words have stayed with me, to hear her say those words were wonderful.

Review of The Elms on Thursday 15 November 2012 by Linda Dwerryhouse (Daughter of Resident)

My mother has resided at The Elms for over six years. Her visitors, and other health professionals she comes across, all comment on how happy she is. This reflects the excellent caring environment she lives in and the hard work of the manager Jane and her staff. She loves her comfortable room and as Mum has grown more frail the staff do all they can, in discussion with us, to see that her needs are met. She really enjoys the meals presented to her, and having stayed for lunch one day can vouch for the high quality. There are facilities for residents and visitors to make a drink at any time, The home is kept really clean and there are plenty of areas with comfortable chairs for residents to sit quietly or with others. Health issues are monitored regularly to see that Mum has the best medical care possible. The staff ensure we are kept informed of notable events and action taken. Mum has had a number of short stays in hospital and is always greeted back with lots of smiles like a family member returning home after a long absence. Jane and her staff are always available and willing to talk about her care. Overall a happy home where we are confident Mum is receiving the best care we could hope for.

Review of The Elms on Monday 15 October 2012 by Valerie Edleston (Daughter of Resident)

The care received by my mother is second to none. She has been a resident at The Elms since April 2012 after suffering a stroke in February. She also has dementia. She suffered a mild heart attack in September and spent two weeks in hospital. It was not sure at that time if she would have to be transferred to a Nursing Home as she was very weak and required more care. The Manager of the Elms met me on the Ward to review my Mum and listened to my concerns. I really expected her to say they could not offer the nursing care which may be required. However, to my pleasant surprise she advised my mum return to the Elms as soon as was possible in the hope that she would respond better in familiar surroundings and would then ask the GP to assess her together with myself. She was so caring and compassionate to my mum and so gentle when helping her to the bathroom. Her interaction with the residents has always been very good but I was really touched by her apparent concern for my mum's health and wellbeing. The whole team at The Elms I have felt always offered a high standard of care and compassion and nothing is too much trouble when I ask for help and advice and I feel it is like one big family. I always sing the praises of The Elms to friends and family but you only have to walk in through the front doors to feel the friendly and happy atmosphere. Thank you to these lovely caring human beings.

Submit a Recommendation for The Elms

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of The Elms and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for The Elms