Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice

Owner: Cheshire Residential Homes Trust

Person in charge: J A Gregson (Matron)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire West and Chester Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 29 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £525

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Sandiway Manor: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Sandiway Manor

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Sandiway Manor

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.1 for Sandiway Manor) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Sandiway Manor on Friday 4 May 2012 by Gillian Calvert (Daughter of resident)

My mother chose to move to Sandiway Manor in January 2012 and never regretted this decision. She spoke very highly of all the staff and was particularly impressed with their professional teamwork "After all, we all have problems but they seem to leave them at the door when they come to work and there's never even a hint of a cross word between them." All her family visited Mum regularly and each of us is aware of how every member of staff demonstrates immense kindness, patience and respect for all the residents. Never patronising and always offering positive encouragement. When mum succumbed to the frailty of old age, the team at Sandiway Manor worked with her, the G.P. and her family to formulate an end of life care plan. They supported Mum's wish to be cared for at home and allowed her and the family to spend precious time together. They also gave tremendous support and care to the family thereby enabling Mum to die peacefully surrounded by love- What more can any of us ask for? When I look at the report of the Care Quality Commission (last inspected May 2010) I note that the evidence is focussed on record keeping, meals and provision for the physical needs of the residents. Each of these aspects of the care process is, of course, very important but for me the essential ingredient is the quality of the relationship between carers and those who are cared for. My mother's experience of this relationship was truly wonderful as staff not only cared for her but very much cared about her. For this, my siblings and myself will be forever grateful. I should like to add, that I do not feel that our experience was exceptional within Sandiway Manor. I witnessed many instances when other residents were made to feel just as 'special' and afforded the same degree of kindness and respect. I do not hesitate to recommend Sandiway Manor as offering the highest standards of professional care - on which you cannot put a price.

Submit a Recommendation for Sandiway Manor

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Sandiway Manor and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Sandiway Manor

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sandiway Manor

Other Care Homes located nearby to Sandiway Manor

Click here for information on how to remove the 'other' Care Home listings from your profile page