Belmont, Preston, Lancashire

Belmont is a Preston care home which is registered for up to forty-three service users that looks to offer a relaxing and stress-free environment supported by effective care techniques.

Staff are skilled in looking after personal needs, respecting the privacy and independence of residents, while ensuring they achieve an active and satisfying lifestyle.

The home maintains strong community links and takes on board the advice of related healthcare professionals, together with that of visiting inspectors and council officials.

Group: Larchwood Care

Person in charge: Victoria Poulton (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 43 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Belmont: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.6 for Belmont) is based on 7 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Belmont

Mum is very happy at Belmont, so much so I wish we'd made the decision sooner! The staff are fantastic - kind, considerate and patient. There are lots of activities and trips organised to engage residents and many resources such as jigsaws and colouring books to stimulate. My mum has put on a few pounds in the 6 months she has been here and clearly enjoys the food. As a visitor, I find it a very relaxed and homely place, with many friendly faces.

Becky Green, Media Assistant at Belmont responded to this review on 01 Sep 2015:

Thank you Lisa for writing this kind review. It's so pleasing to hear that your Mum is enjoying her time at the home. Ensuring our residents remain in high spirits through the range of activities we organise, the nutritious meals we serve and the friendly nature of our staff is an important part of the standard of care we aim to provide. We hope your Mum is looking forward to more good times at the home.

Belmont

My mother has been at Belmont for six and a half years. She has dementia but is otherwise quite healthy for her 89 years. Some of the care home rooms are small but this is a good thing for someone with dementia. All rooms have en suite toilet and sink, again very good. The staff have changed over the years mum has been there, and there is sometimes a variety of levels of caring, though senior carers are of a high calibre. I have had cause to complain on a few occasions about mums care but this has always been addressed very quickly. Someone is employed to lead activities for residents and this is an excellent service with external music entertainers, school children singing, special days such as Halloween, cheese and wine afternoons, films, museum people bringing in artefacts for reminiscing, bingo, cards, church services etc. Occasional trips out are arranged for those able to go, such as to a farm or museum or Blackpool illuminations. Fund raising takes place throughout the year to raise money for residents activities and this has also been invaluable in developing safe, secure and florally decorated outside sitting areas for residents. I have a dog and he is always welcomed in the home. I can visit at any time. Residents relatives can make themselves cups of tea or coffee at anytime in the designated kitchen area. The food is made from scratch and provides a good wholesome menu with choices at each meal.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont? Likely

Becky Green, Media Assistant at Belmont responded to this review on 27 Aug 2015:

Anne, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you have occasionally encountered problems but we are glad to hear that they were always dealt with promptly. Our goal is deliver the best possible standard of care and we will take your feedback into consideration to ensure we continue to do so efficiently. It’s great to hear you have a positive opinion of the trips out and events we organise for the residents, which reflects the hard work our Activity Coordinator at Belmont puts into entertainment at the home.

Belmont

My sister has been a resident for nearly 2 years. She is very happy here and they are very kind to her.

Maisy Ash, Initiatives Manager at Belmont responded to this review on 20 Aug 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to publish a review Yvonne and we are pleased that your sister is happy at the home. We strive to make sure all our residents are well looked after, respected and live a fulfilling life in the home.

Belmont

The staff really do care for the residents. I am kept informed of any changes to my sister who is a resident. Lots of different activities for the residents, keeping them happy and alert. Visitors are always made to feel very welcome. Staff are very polite, friendly and ready to answer any questions and queries you have.

Maisy Ash, Initatives Manager at Belmont responded to this review on 20 Aug 2015:

Thank you for the review Marlene, at Belmont we are keen to make sure all residents lead as fulfilling life as possible in the home and that care is of the best possible standard. It is pleasing to read that these standards are being met.

Belmont

My Husband is very immobile and uses a zimmer frame, stick and wheelchair. All the rooms are on the ground floor and the corridors are very wide so wheelchairs are no problem. The respite room is very welcoming. Provision made for personal TV, bed and chair very comfortable and the room is cleaned everyday. A buzzer can be used day and night if needed assistance always come. The meals are excellent and numerous cups of tea served. A shower or bath is used under supervision activities are numerous but no pressure to take part. Medication is carefully monitored. The senior managers are very approachable with relatives if any problem arose.

Belmont

Mum fell and broke her hip just before we were all due to go on holiday. She lives with us and I was very concerned at the prospect of her going into a care home for respite. I went and looked round a few homes and was very impressed with the appearance, cleanliness and friendliness of Belmont. I dropped her off with trepidation and worried all through my holiday. When I went to collect her, she was happy, clean and full of chatter as to all the things that she had done. She stressed the kindness of the staff, quality of food and how pleasant it had been to mix with people of her own age and take part in the activities. She is booked for a stay in August. What more recommendation can I give. Thank you so much!!

Belmont

My husband spent four days in Belmont having giving me a chance to have a short holiday in October. He seemed very happy there and I was told that the staff liked him. My two daughters and grandchildren visited him every day and were impressed by the activities taking place to stimulate the residents. We really could not find fault with anything. It was all excellent.

Submit a Review for Belmont

March 2014

SENIOR CARE ASSISTANT-DAYS

7.70 PER HOUR (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Preston, Lancashire

CARE ASSISTANT-NIGHTS

6.52 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Preston, Lancashire