Hedges House, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire

Hedges House is a first class residential care home for the elderly. It offers the highest standards of care and accommodation in a hotel style environment.   Progressive standards of staff training has resulted in the Investors in People award and the highest possible achievement and compliance levels awarded by the Care Quality Commission. 32 luxurious bedrooms with en-suite facilities. licensed bar, music room, library and air-conditioned garden room. Excellent home-cooked food. Regular outings and daily activity tailored to suit the differing abilities and requiremements of all residents. Chiropody and hairdressing. Beautifully presented gardens and floral displays (3 x winners of Lytham in Bloom care homes category and 1 x national RHS award).

Owner: Mr & Mrs R I Chadwick

Person in charge: Michelle Neville (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 34 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Younger Adults

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £400 – £575

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Hedges House: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.1 for Hedges House) is based on 8 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Hedges House

My mother has lived in Hedges House for the past 10 months. During that time she has received consistently good care from generally thoughtful staff. The d├ęcor and standard of cleanliness are extremely good and there are no large impersonal lounge areas. Resident's are consulted regarding food likes and dislikes, which are then reflected in menus. There is also an activities co-ordinator to encourage residents to join in with others playing games, singing, exercise etc. Overall I am very happy with the care and support my mother receives and satisfied that she is safe. An added bonus is that most staff have been employed there for a number of years.

How likely would you be to recommend Hedges House? Likely

Hedges House

I reside at Hedges House and can speak most highly of it. It is of high care. It is of the very highest care.

Hedges House

I have been in this care home for a few months and I have been very pleased with the attention I get and the food is excellent.

Hedges House

Very well care for. Very clean everywhere. Good food. Very good staff and I am happy.

Hedges House

When my wife needed to go into care aged 85 with developing dementia. I had looked at some six other care homes in the area. This one appealed to me the most, because of it's cosiness, high standard of furnishing, cleanliness and reception. I was not disappointed. The staff are like a family, the food plentiful and varied . The medical attention as required, public and personal television/music provided with comprehensive reading matter and entertainment probably appropriate for the residents. My wife was given all the attention she needed, up to her final days and even though I was only a visitor I am still received as if Hedges is my second home. As it certainly became for my wife during two and a half years.

Hedges House

I cannot praise highly enough the management and staff of Hedges House. My mother has been living there happily for 8 years and the care she receives is excellent. Many of the staff have worked there for many years and they are all very welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The home is spotlessly clean with beautiful decor. It is a great comfort to my sister & I to know that our mother is being looked after so well in such a beautiful environment.

Hedges House

My mum has been at Hedges House for 6 years. She has memory loss so is very vulnerable. I live a long way away and I am so glad I found Hedges House. The care is outstanding and the place has a lovely warm feel and I know she is settled, comfortable, cared for and treated with dignity. The Manager has been such a help to me and does whatever she can to make my mum's time as fulfilling as possible. Many of the wonderful staff have been there for a long time which is testament to the kind of place it is. On top of this the food is extremely good which is very important as the elderly residents often have a reduced appetite and need something tempting to make sure they eat. Unlike other places I have visited the home is always clean and fresh smelling. I would have no hesitation at all in recommending Hedges House to those making the difficult decision to have their relatives cared for in a residential setting.

Hedges House

Hedges House Hotel really is run as a hotel- albeit with lots of care in addition to 1st class food and amenities. Mum is very happy there and has complete freedom to live as she wants within a very supportive hotel environment.

Submit a Review for Hedges House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hedges House

There are no jobs posted yet for Hedges House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hedges House