Hulton Care Home, Nelson, Lancashire

Hulton Care Care Home is located close to the centre of Nelson, Lancashire, a modern purpose-built 30 bedded property which offers a range of care including Dementia and Residential care.

Residents at Hulton Care have a choice of two lounges which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of bedrooms to choose from. Well-equipped and comfortable bedrooms are tastefully decorated and have a choice of views, including views of the common.

Chefs at Hulton Care pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Kelly Champkin (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 30 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Anorexia/Bulimia/Self Harming • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Hulton Care Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.6 for Hulton Care Home) is based on 20 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Hulton Care Home

For the last two years my mother-in-law has been a resident at Hulton Care Home. We have found the staff excellent in all ways of care and friendliness. Nothing we ask for seems to be too much and we would recommend the home to anyone. We have been very pleased with every aspect of care, food etc, and feel we made an excellent choice.

Hulton Care Home

This residential home provides a home from home to residents. A large open plan building enabling residents to walk and sit freely. They get up and go to their rooms and go to bed whenever they wish. Excellent choice of home cooked food with good acre from the staff. Entertainment is on hand throughout the week to stimulate the brain as are various trips out to various places. The quality of care and cleanliness is second to none being over and above in the last few weeks of my mothers life. I could most definitely recommend Hulton Care to anyone.

Hulton Care Home

My mum has been here 4 years. She seems really happy and is surrounded by a good team. My mum's room is always spotless and the staff always dress my mum really well. The staff are super friendly and always try their best to help. I recommend Hulton to anyone.

Hulton Care Home

Very homely and friendly atmosphere. Staff are lovely! I feel very comfortable knowing my mother is so well cared for and looked after. I am glad to see the activities are now getting better organised as it is necessary to keep residents motivated!

Hulton Care Home

My mum has been a resident at Hulton since 1st April 2014 and seems very happy there. She enjoys going out on trips when possible and the new activities co-ordinator seems really good and full of really good ideas for future trips and activities which I am hoping he is going to get the support needed to carry them out. All the staff are very good and caring and always try to help with any concerns we may have. The home is always very clean and tidy and the rooms are kept clean and tidy and are all en suite which is a good thing. The staff always find time to talk to you about anything. The home is very spacious and the grounds are well kept with lovely flowers and there is a patio area to sit outside.

Hulton Care Home

Auntie Margaret moved to Hulton Care from another nursing home. Due to the care & friendly nature of the staff she has settled better here. They have a good balance between care & allowing independence. They are patient yet persistence in getting my Auntie to eat, which is one of her main problems. All in all she it settled & happy and I no longer need to worry.

Hulton Care Home

My mother has been in Hulton Care for eighteen months and after the initial period of settling in is now very content. I visit regularly and the staff are very welcoming and helpful. I have no worries that she isn't happy and she waves me off very happily when I leave. The decision to put my mother in a care home was very hard but I am very happy with the choice I made and the care my mother is receiving.

Hulton Care Home

Both parents residents at Hulton Care. Lovely environment,caring staff, good plentiful food. Happy place to visit.

Hulton Care Home

I would certainly recommend this home. My mum lived here for nearly 3 years. She is happy here. I feel that mum is looked after really well and all her needs are met. The home is always clean and tidy, staff are very friendly. Knowing mum is happy and cared for so well is reassuring for the family.

Hulton Care Home

I would recommend this care home as Mum is really happy here and the staff are very friendly and caring and very good at looking after the residents needs. They always have time to discuss anything I may need to discuss about Mum and always make me free welcome. I can visit my Mum when ever I want to. They also take residents out on trips and have activities and celebrate birthdays etc.

Hulton Care Home

My mother required considerable support and attention due to her illness when she first entered the home. the staff were always supportive and caring, keeping the family informed at all times. She is now well and the open area of the home suits her well. The food is excellent with many varied choices and with the mew mini bus. There are outside as well as inside activities. I would thoroughly recommend the home to others.

Hulton Care Home

My mum has been here for a month. Her room is bright and always clean. She looks smart and clean every time I visit. Someone cut and painted her nails today she looks lovely. The staff are very friendly and helpful which has made the transition from sheltered housing to care very smooth. Mum says she is happy here.

Hulton Care Home

I would recommend this care home to anyone; it is open plan with the resident’s rooms being en-suite, large and welcoming. Staff are caring, friendly and obliging to all resident’s needs. All meals are prepared by excellent cooks with all diets catered for. Activities are ongoing with regular trips out in the minibus; relatives are welcomed at any time of the day or night, a proper home from home.

Hulton Care Home

My Mum came to live at Hulton Care in April 2013 after struggling with independent living and had developed leg ulcers and mild cognitive impairment.She flourished in the home where she was well fed, warm, could interact with other residents and staff, had her heart pills regularly and was safe. She was content there for the last 8 months of her 90 years and loved going to the hair dressing salon . She enjoyed some of the activities and we spent a memorable afternoon together singing carols with the Salvation Army just before last Christmas. Sadly she passed away from pneumonia in Blackburn royal hospital late December. The Hulton Care staff put a white rose on her door , supplied me with cups of tea and cake as I tackled the sad task of clearing out her room and also gave me as much time as I needed to do so.

Hulton Care Home

When my mother first came to Hulton we were a bit unsure of certain aspects of it. Fortunately it has improved immensely and my mum really enjoyed her time here. I would not hesitate to recommend the home to others. Thank you for the care you provided.

Hulton Care Home

My grandad is very content here, the staff are very nice and make you feel welcome. There is always something for my grandad to do.

Hulton Care Home

Recent changes in the home have meant residents need are being met over and above 'normal' care. My relative has made great improvements in her ability to communicate and respond to surroundings. Regular activities both inside and outside the home are contributing factors.

Hulton Care Home

Caring staff. Looking after my mum with dignity. Always have time for family and visitors.

Hulton Care Home

Mother is very happy at Hulton. She has been in residence for almost five years and the overall care has improved in my opinion, especially over the past 18 months or so.

Hulton Care Home

This is like a home from home. It has a very friendly atmosphere.

Submit a Review for Hulton Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hulton Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Hulton Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hulton Care Home