Aughton Park, Ormskirk, Lancashire

Aughton Park is a purpose-built care facility, designed for both residential care for older people and also dementia care, staffed by a team of highly-qualified professionals.

Residents enjoy modern and en-suite bedrooms that they are welcome to personalise, within a service that respects each individual's choice of lifestyle, hobbies and activities.

Carers are committed to getting to know each resident in order to understand their personal needs better, with a choice of areas in which to socialise or relax, including a TV lounge, tea bar, a dining rooms and a conservatory.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Person in charge: Michelle Morris (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 50 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Aughton Park: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.8 for Aughton Park) is based on 6 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Aughton Park

We have known about Aughton Park for some years as a good friend and ex nursing colleague of my wife's was a resident there. Also both my wife and I had done some singing there for the residents. We gained a good impression all round of the facilities, staff and the happy feel to the home. So when my wife needed some urgent respite, we knew where she would be well cared for in lovely surroundings, also somewhere that would give me peace of mind that she was safe and sound. This has certainly been the case, they aided her recovery to regain her health in body and spirit, the process was the most excellent assistance and help to myself.

Aughton Park

My mum has been a resident here since January 2014. It was a necessary move, as she loved alone in a large family house. I cared for my mum since my father passed away in Spring 2010. I am absolutely delighted with this impeccable standard of care offered here. My mum is loved, respected and encouraged to do as much as she can do to maintain a full life. I would recommend this care home wholeheartedly.

Aughton Park

My sister in law has been a resident in the dementia unit at MHA for 3 years. During this time she has been cared for with great professionalism by management, care staff, activities co- ordinator and all employed in whatever category. For any relative or friend with someone in a care home it is so good when you can have peace of mind and confidence that someone you care for is being looked after in your absence with care, respect and dignity. If ever myself or my wife require high standards of care we would have no problems coming here and would recommend Aughton Park MHA care home to anyone.

Aughton Park

My mother has been in Aughton Park since 2007, moving to the dementia unit in recent years. From the time she arrived she has felt safe, contented and cared for. As a family with regular, daily contact with home the we are pleased with all aspects of her care. High standards of cleanliness, care and respect are maintained in a friendly, happy atmosphere,. Concerns are dealt with and we are kept informed of any changes to care or medication. I would most certainly recommend Aughton Park to anyone in need of such care.

Aughton Park

My mother who had dementia and received excellent care from trained staff. My mother in law had all her faculties and having received respite care for a while could not find any other home as good as this nearer to where she had lived. As a volunteer now I witness on-going excellence in the care provided and in the activities arranged for the residents. The chaplaincy is an added bonus which the residents really appreciate.

Aughton Park

From the moment I stepped into the home it was like a hotel clean, cheerful and inviting. Senior staff and carers all try to meet every aspect of resident family needs. Going away on holiday is a pleasure knowing that my mother is safe, secure and in a caring environment. I am kept in the loop over every situation, whether large or small. We feel part of a large family!

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Likely

Submit a Review for Aughton Park

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Aughton Park

There are no jobs posted yet for Aughton Park

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Aughton Park