Aughton Park, Ormskirk, Lancashire

Aughton Park is a purpose-built care facility, designed for both residential care for older people and also dementia care, staffed by a team of highly-qualified professionals.

Residents enjoy modern and en-suite bedrooms that they are welcome to personalise, within a service that respects each individual's choice of lifestyle, hobbies and activities.

Carers are committed to getting to know each resident in order to understand their personal needs better, with a choice of areas in which to socialise or relax, including a TV lounge, tea bar, a dining rooms and a conservatory.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Person in charge: Michelle Morris (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 50 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Aughton Park: click here

The user Review Score of 9.4 for Aughton Park is based on 15 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.422 is made up of 4.822 Points relating to the ratings and 4.6 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The managerial staff are very professional. Every detail of the resident's likes and wishes are listened to and acted on. The atmosphere is friendly and caring. My mother was anxious but settled very quickly.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely LIKELY

My mother was admitted to Redcliffe wing (dementia unit) on a best interest assessment in August. My father following doctors recommendation moved in for respite care 2 weeks ago.
The care, kindness and support received from the wonderful staff at Aughton Park has been truly amazing. From the manager, assistant manager, senior staff and carers we have seen nothing but thoughtful considerate care and the attention to detail in care plans is second to none.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely LIKELY

Aughton Park is a very nice well run care home. The staff are always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the residents needs and they genuinely seem to care. The home itself is always clean and tidy and well maintained. There is an ongoing programme of activities and there are also quiet areas to sit in for those wishing to not take part. The residents themselves always look clean and well cared for and the atmosphere in the home is always cheerful and up beat. I visit many care homes as part of my job and find Aughton Park to be one of the best. I would be happy for one of my relatives to live there.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely LIKELY

Send all hospital - medical appointments/notifications onto nearest relatives/friend by email. Saving phone calls and ensuring that appointment visit can be organised.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely LIKELY

Michelle Morris, Home Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 03 Dec 2015:

Thank you for your suggestion. We will certainly do this where possible.

Aughton Park is a care home in the true sense of the word care. The staff really care for the residents. This is evidenced in the respect, kindness, patience and dedication they show. My father has now been living at Aughton Park for three years and I have been so impressed with the care he has received. I have never had cause to worry about him. I can't recommend Aughton Park highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely LIKELY

Aughton Park staff assisted me in my efforts in trying to re-locate my mother into a care home a lot closer to where I live. They were supportive, understanding and showed great empathy. As events unfolded my mum wants to stay put in Aughton Park and they have warmly embraced this decision.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Likely

My dad has Alzheimer's and reached the stage where he could no longer have a good quality of life living independently so he is now a resident at Aughton Park. The family searched long and hard for a suitable care home and we are all so pleased with Aughton Park. This place is a real homely home - providing a high standard of care and truly holistic care. My dad loves the many activities on offer - well thought out activities and you can see on the faces of residents that how they enjoy them. I cannot praise the manager and staff enough. They are brilliant. Dad has made so many friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely LIKELY

My mother has been resident in Aughton Park since April 2011 and throughout that time has received care of the highest quality. From the home manager to the senior carers to the most junior member of staff that I have met there is a continuity of standard. My mother is content and extremely appreciative of all that is done for her. We as a family are convinced that she would no longer be with us but for the efforts of all at the home to not only care for her but also make her feel valued and part of their "family".

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely LIKELY

A well cared for establishment - lovely atmosphere. Mum has settled well and is enjoying being looked after and it enjoying the food. All the staff are very approachable and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely LIKELY

We have known about Aughton Park for some years as a good friend and ex nursing colleague of my wife's was a resident there. Also both my wife and I had done some singing there for the residents. We gained a good impression all round of the facilities, staff and the happy feel to the home. So when my wife needed some urgent respite, we knew where she would be well cared for in lovely surroundings, also somewhere that would give me peace of mind that she was safe and sound. This has certainly been the case, they aided her recovery to regain her health in body and spirit, the process was the most excellent assistance and help to myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely LIKELY

My mum has been a resident here since January 2014. It was a necessary move, as she loved alone in a large family house. I cared for my mum since my father passed away in Spring 2010. I am absolutely delighted with this impeccable standard of care offered here. My mum is loved, respected and encouraged to do as much as she can do to maintain a full life. I would recommend this care home wholeheartedly.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely LIKELY

My sister in law has been a resident in the dementia unit at MHA for 3 years. During this time she has been cared for with great professionalism by management, care staff, activities co- ordinator and all employed in whatever category.
For any relative or friend with someone in a care home it is so good when you can have peace of mind and confidence that someone you care for is being looked after in your absence with care, respect and dignity.
If ever myself or my wife require high standards of care we would have no problems coming here and would recommend Aughton Park MHA care home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely LIKELY

My mother has been in Aughton Park since 2007, moving to the dementia unit in recent years. From the time she arrived she has felt safe, contented and cared for. As a family with regular, daily contact with home the we are pleased with all aspects of her care. High standards of cleanliness, care and respect are maintained in a friendly, happy atmosphere,.
Concerns are dealt with and we are kept informed of any changes to care or medication. I would most certainly recommend Aughton Park to anyone in need of such care.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely LIKELY

My mother who had dementia and received excellent care from trained staff. My mother in law had all her faculties and having received respite care for a while could not find any other home as good as this nearer to where she had lived. As a volunteer now I witness on-going excellence in the care provided and in the activities arranged for the residents. The chaplaincy is an added bonus which the residents really appreciate.

From the moment I stepped into the home it was like a hotel clean, cheerful and inviting. Senior staff and carers all try to meet every aspect of resident family needs. Going away on holiday is a pleasure knowing that my mother is safe, secure and in a caring environment. I am kept in the loop over every situation, whether large or small. We feel part of a large family!

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Likely

Submit a Review for Aughton Park

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Aughton Park

There are no jobs posted yet for Aughton Park

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Aughton Park