Group: Calderdean Ltd Alders & Raycroft

Person in charge: Martin Barnes (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 11 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £374 – £421

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on The Raycroft Unit: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.3 for The Raycroft Unit) is based on 7 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

The Raycroft Unit

I visited my friend at the small home on Morecambe Road and I found the team to be very helpful and my friend was being very well looked after. I was so pleased with the home I would consider this home for my elderly mother should she ever need more care then we as a family can offer her.

How likely would you be to recommend The Raycroft Unit? Extremely likely

The Raycroft Unit

Very clean and tidy. Well presented as you come into the hallway. Good wheelchair access. Rooms clean and spacious and able to use own furniture if required. Food basic but wholesome, usually a choice of food. Friendly staff overall. Frequent entertainment including barbecues and parties. Trips can be arranged. Pets usually welcome including budgies, fish, dog (lulu) and sometimes a snake whilst the owner is away. Visitors always welcome and. Encouraged to join in. Overall a very family oriented unit. I would happily recommend the unit to anyone looking for a small informal care facility.

How likely would you be to recommend The Raycroft Unit? Extremely likely

The Raycroft Unit

I cannot say enough positive things about this home. Martin and his team are a great credit to the home, always welcoming, a great atmosphere to walk into. The service users are treated with respect and I would not hesitate to recommend this home. I do feel the staff should receive the minimum wage which they do not receive. Think the owner should look at pay rises.

The Raycroft Unit

They seem to really care for the residents, which can be hard to find nowadays. Even small things like conversing with residents can make a huge impact on the care provided. The unit itself is very cosy and homely, I think the fact each resident having their own bedroom/living room is such a rare thing to find. The staff deserve better pay, because as I mentioned its rare to find people that care and have the patience.

The Raycroft Unit

The Raycroft Care Home feels like home from home for the residents. Very caring staff including good sense of humour.

The Raycroft Unit

My grandad is treated with great care, dignity and respect at The Raycroft Unit. The staff are friendly and caring and the food is excellent- home cooked. When I visit him he is always clean and well dressed and his room is always clean and tidy. He feels at home and is very happy and contented. As a family we could not wish for my grandad to be better cared for. I would and have recommended The Raycroft Unit as a great care home.

The Raycroft Unit

The manager and staff have made Raycroft very comfortable and homely. They are patient, understanding and thoughtful and always ready to have a laugh or chat with residents. Residents have a choice at meal times and it is no trouble to provide something else instead. Care is taken in looking after their clothes and personal items. I am confident my mother and aunt are well looked after and safe 24/4. I would have no hesitation in recommending The Raycroft Unit.

Submit a Review for The Raycroft Unit

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Raycroft Unit

There are no jobs posted yet for The Raycroft Unit

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Raycroft Unit