Owner: The Yachtsman Ltd

Person in charge: Janette Holden (Acting Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 32 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Contact Manager. Ages 60+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £480 – £495 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £480 – £495

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on The Yachtsman: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by The Yachtsman

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Yachtsman

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.4 for The Yachtsman) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of The Yachtsman

My long-time friend has been a resident for three years. She is now 94 years old, partially sighted and immobile. The care she receives is excellent; the staff are friendly and efficient. I have personally seen evidence of the care she and other residents receive and how tolerant the staff are with the more 'difficult' residents.

Submitted by Krysia B (Friend of resident) on Friday 19 July 2013.

Review of The Yachtsman

I wish my husbands room was larger, but other than that everything is great.

Submitted by Barbara B (Wife) on Monday 24 June 2013.

Review of The Yachtsman

It was a very difficult decision to make, placing a loved one in care. However we felt supported by the manager and team, who visited us first and let us have a trial period. From the outset the staff made him feel welcome (and us, also) The staff are very warm, caring and supportive and all residents are treated with respect and dignity. Relatives are also made welcome and are kept well informed. My uncle settled in quite quickly and always appears happy, content and well groomed. He has a good appetite and enjoys the food. In the afternoons they get freshly home baked cakes. I think he enjoys going out on the organised trips to shows and pub lunches. I am informed by the staff that he does although, sadly he doesn't remember them. I'm sure he enjoys them at the time! I have noticed that the staff give plenty of care and attention to all residents and assist those who do not eat and drink well. My uncles sister lives abroad and she telephones him once a week and the staff always make sure he gets the call. Nothing is too much trouble in making the residents feel at home. As my uncle says, "I have lots of friends here"

Submitted by Jan Stephenson (Niece of Resident) on Thursday 20 June 2013.

Review of The Yachtsman

I would recommend this home strongly. The staff are wonderful and caring. What more could you ask.

Submitted by Jacqueline Leyland (Daughter of resident) on Wednesday 19 June 2013.

Review of The Yachtsman

I can easily recommend The Yachtsman, due to the obvious contentment of my Auntie and of the attentiveness of staff to the other residents which I observed during my visits. I have had another Aunt in another care home which was noticeably deficient by comparison. The intention of the staff to keep the residents happy and busy is the key differentiation.

Submitted by Martin Applewood (Nephew of resident) on Friday 14 June 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for The Yachtsman

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for The Yachtsman

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Yachtsman

Other Care Homes located nearby to The Yachtsman

Click here for information on how to remove the 'other' Care Home listings from your profile page