Beechcroft Care Home, Runcorn, Cheshire

Beechcroft Care Home is located within a pleasant residential area of Palacefields in Runcorn, a purpose built 66 bedded care home offering Nursing, Residential and End of Life care.

At Beechcroft Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; the majority of which have lovely views across and direct access to the gardens.

Beechcroft chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Ann Woods (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Halton Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 66 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Over 60 years old. Ages 18+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Filipino

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Beechcroft Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.4 for Beechcroft Care Home is based on 26 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.373 is made up of 4.585 Points relating to the ratings and 4.788 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My husband is currently being looked after on the nursing side of the home he's been in there since October 2015.

All the staff are all very friendly and helpful from the nurses, carers, catering, domestic and co-ordinator.

I feel I can always approach the nurses and carers if I have any problems or concerns. The carers always show a lot of care and dignity when assisting my husband. The nurses are always there if I need to talk or I am feeling upset when my husband is not having a good day.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechcroft Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

All services including toilet and laundry facilities are provided. Meals are served morning, lunchtime and during the day. Although smoking is not allowed there is a room to smoke for smokers.

Satisfactory.

Well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechcroft Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

The staff are kind and gentle, always there when needed. The meals are suitable, the toilet facilities are always clean and smell nice. The bedrooms are always clean and tidy, they are a suitable size. There is always plenty of activities to be involved in but personally I would like more entertainment.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechcroft Care Home? Likely

I am happy with Beechcroft Care Home before I came here I had nobody but now I have made a lot of friends, the care provided is smashing, the meals are nice. The care staff help with everything and they are very patient and have time to spend with me.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechcroft Care Home? Likely

I am happy to be here. I do lots of things for them in the home and all the staff are very nice to me, so that makes me happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechcroft Care Home? Likely

I was placed in Beechcroft Care Home in September 2015 after having had a triple by-pass. I found the care I received excellent, I was in a pretty sore and emotional state after major surgery and welcomed the care and kindness I was shown. I was transferred to the residential part in October 2015. Once again I was very happy to be placed there temporary as I couldn't return to my own property. Awaiting a place in a nearby sheltered accommodation, I moved in, in January and can honestly say I was a bit reluctant to move as I had received such care and kindness. However I need to gain my "independence" but would gladly go back if I had to.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechcroft Care Home? Likely

My mum has been in three respite homes, and has never settled, neither have I as mums carer. Mum has been here nearly five weeks and the change in her is amazing. The staff in the home are absolutely wonderful, they are kind, cheerful, sensitive and they give 100% to their job. The home in itself is spotless, and the atmosphere is friendly and there is always something going on for the residents. Beechcroft nursing home has given their all to make my mum feel at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechcroft Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My husband was moved to Beechcroft from Warrington hospital. On 17th November 2014 and received excellent care from all the staff for the last days off his life, my family and I are grateful for all the care they gave. He finally left us on 6th December. Thanks to all the staff he went peacefully with all his family around and his pet bobby by his side. Thank you to you all .

How likely would you be to recommend Beechcroft Care Home? Likely

My Mum unfortunately has to have 24/7 nursing care so it was a very worrying and distressing time for us all when we were told that Mum would need to be placed in a Nursing Home, however, since being at Beechcroft Mum has received the best care and attention possible. The staff have become extended family members!! The staff are also aware of how daunting it can be for the family and are always there to reassure and support us when needed. There is always a cheerful, happy, but most of all, caring environment at Beechcroft, Mum is comfortable and her dignity is maintained to the highest standard.
I would highly recommend Beechcroft to anybody who has to consider nursing/residential care for their family.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechcroft Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My aunt was treated by the staff in the most considerate and caring way. She was comfortable and peaceful and treated with dignity throughout her short stay at Beechcroft. We felt that she was in the best place at a very difficult time.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechcroft Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

the care and support at Beechcroft is excellent. My mum has only been here a short time but is saying this is a lovely place. This is very reassuring for my dad and I . Beechcroft is very clean and the food is very good. The surroundings are lovely.

It is clean and friendly.

Nice home.

Our Mum arrived at Beechcroft Oct 2012 following several periods of hospitalisation and operations. She went into the nursing home section but within months of good care and attention and physiotherapy was moved into the residential section. She improved from a size 10 to size 14 in clothes and became strong. Our mum was shown, care and respect by the staff at Beechcroft. She was assisted in her personal hygiene and encouraged to eat in the dining room. She was also encouraged to go on trips out of the home and to join in social activities in the home. She had her own room which she would retire to each day at around 3pm to watch her own TV and have tea in her room. Sadly she died 23/12/14 after a short but aggressive chest infection. I can recommend the carers and staff at Beechcroft who made an effort to know Mum as a person.

Really good everybody everybody really helpful. Foods very good which is important.

The staff are nice, facilities and food is alright.

Beechcroft is a bright friendly environment with helpful and friendly staff. My dad is very well cared for, his room is very nice and so is the food. He is treated with respect and seems to be well liked.

All the staff are so helpful and nothing is to much trouble would recommend to anyone.

The staff are excellent, kind and friendly. I feel safe and secure at Beechcroft.

It's great and the staff are good. Very welcoming.

As a visitor, always well received by the staff. The staff are always good with the needs of residents. This is a good example of the type of care needed for elderly people. A place which is a real home, nice and comfortable with lovely furniture and outlook. The staff are always so kind to people and give a feeling of wellbeing and care every time I visit my friend. The rooms are a good size and it is good to know my friend is well looked after.

My Mother has been in Beechcroft for almost 5 years now. She is cared for by some lovely care workers and staff. I can ask them anything i need to know. I have a good relationship with the girls and boys. She is comfortable and happy which is very good for me to know she is being looked after.

My mum receives a good standard of care from the staff, she is settled and happy at Beechcroft and I feel confident in her care here.

Submit a Review for Beechcroft Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Beechcroft Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Beechcroft Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Beechcroft Care Home