The Willows Care Home, Marton Moss, Blackpool, Lancashire
The Willows Care Home
The Willows Care Home

The Willows Care Home is a 16-bedroom care facility with hotel standards, based in Blackpool, that looks after elderly residents throughout their retirement and any health complications they may have. All resident rooms are accessed at ground level, with own TV and DVD player.

The home's aim is to improve the lifestyle of those in care, offering as much personal choice and opportunities for entertainment and physical activities as possible, whilst keeping all occupants safe, healthy and secure, with permanent access to skilled carers.

The Willows has also been recognised by the NHS Gold Standards Framework for End of Life Care as a 'Beacon' Home, the highest possible award available – and one of only two such care homes in Blackpool to achieve 'Beacon Status'.

Owner: Olivia Josephine Care Ltd

Person in charge: Tracey Otterman (Registered Care Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Blackpool Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 16 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Please contact the home for more details 01253 693961 mobile (24 hour) 01253 693961. Ages from 65 to 106.

Languages Spoken (other than English): English

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on The Willows Care Home: click here

Date: Friday 01 Jun 2012

July 2009

Skills Pledge

Date: Wednesday 01 Jul 2009

Recommendation Score: 10 (9.985)

The user 'Recommendation Score' ( 10 for The Willows Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Tuesday 1 July 2014 by Janice Lloyd (Daughter of care home resident)

My father has been a resident in the Willows since September, following a fall and he is also suffering from dementia, which means he can no longer live on his own. We were extremely lucky to find him a place in the Willows, because he is very well cared for, clean and comfortable. He had not been eating properly and had lost a lot of weight, but he loves both the quality and quantity of the food in the Willows and has gained weight and looks so much better. He has his own en suite room which gives him privacy, and a French door leading out to the patio. He loves the conservatory with its views over the beautiful grounds. He also has company when he needs it, and we are welcome to visit him freely. The staff are friendly, professional and accessible. It is a great relief to know that he is in such good hands.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Tuesday 6 May 2014 by Lesley Franklin (Relative of carehome tempory resident)

My mother-in-law has just spent two weeks respite at your home, on her return has said that she would go back any time. Every thing was to her liking which if you knew my mother-in -law is not an easy thing to say. There were no complaints about any thing so when there are vacancies available again she will be pleased to come back. Many, many thanks from both Brian and Lesley.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Wednesday 8 January 2014 by Eunice C (Friend of Resident)

A care home I would be happy to be a resident. Lovely staff

Review of The Willows Care Home on Monday 25 November 2013 by John Heneghan (Son of a resident)

My brothers, sisters and I are very happy with the excellent care Dad has received during the 6 months he's been at The Willows. The staff and management are very caring and we've been very impressed with the warm atmosphere that the Home provides.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Thursday 21 November 2013 by Jean Twist (Care Home Resident)

I have nothing to grumble about living here. I get plenty of food and drinks which I love. I like the company I get as I'm never alone unless I want to be and then I would go to my room for an afternoon nap. I have my own chair in the lounge that I like to sit in and watch the soaps at night and talk to my friends and do what ever I choose to do.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Thursday 21 November 2013 by Bertram Clark (Care Hom Resident)

I originally came to The Willows 4 years ago following a hospital admission and arrived in a wheelchair. Through staff encouraging me, and promoting my independence I can now walk on my own with the use of a stick. I get help when I need it, such as with controlling my diabetes and my medication. The best reason to live here is my room and the view of the garden. I often see woodpeckers, deer, pheasant, and a whole array of other wildlife.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Thursday 21 November 2013 by Vera Smith (Care Home Resident)

I like the fact that me and my cat Minnie live here together. We used to live at home, but when I came here I didn't have to leave her behind. I love to wonder in the orchard and the garden a the front of the home. Its safe so no one can get in or out. I also like that I can still still leave the home on a Tuesday to go to my weekly hairdresser's appointment to maintain my independence.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Thursday 21 November 2013 by Mildred (Care Home Resident)

All the staff are quick to help me if I need it. I enjoy spending time in the afternoon completing my jigsaws and going out when day trips are organised. Such as the cinema or garden centres. Last Christmas we had an owl come to visit the home and I had my photograph taken with it which was my highlight for Christmas.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Thursday 21 November 2013 by Maurice Sargent (Resident)

I've only been a resident at the home for several months but really enjoy it here. Primarily, the staff I like the most and general comfort. I have freedom to choose what I want to do with my my day.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Thursday 21 November 2013 by Dorothy Mattingley (Resident)

I like all the things I have to do here, I'm never on my own. I have a lot of people to play games with and continue my colouring and arts and crafts which I used to teach. I am never lonely here, which is one of the best things about living here.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Thursday 21 November 2013 by Margaret Whalley (Resident)

There is always someone here to help when you need it. It is far better than struggling to manage on your own at home. The staff are wonderful, and the food is excellent. I really enjoy my time here.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Tuesday 19 November 2013 by Mary Jones (Friend of a resident)

My friend has lived at The Willows for approximately 12 months, ever since a fall resulting in a broken hip made it impossible for her to manage alone. Even before her hospitalisation, it was becoming increasingly difficult for her to manage at home. There she was having carers make her lunches and supplemented by microwave ready meals. She often failed to finish these meals and was losing weight rapidly. She was also very lonely. At The Willows she enjoys the food, especially the puddings, She eats much more and has put on weight. I like the idea of a drinks machine on tap 24/7, I am told it reduces infections and the need to go to hospital. She finds the staff friendly and very caring and enjoys chatting to them. She has also made good friends among the other residents. There is always something going on at The Willows and she joins in with most of the activities. All in all, I am very happy with The Willows its a gem of a home and, my friend is obviously very happy there.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Friday 15 November 2013 by Ray Baker (Brother of Resident)

My sister became a resident of the home in April 2012 on a recommendation from her niece who's mother was a resident many years earlier. I travel from Crew once a fortnight to visit the home and I can't sing their praises enough! From the very first day, the staff and management have made a difficult situation easier and enjoyable for her and all our family. I can speak first hand about the food. The home always ensures there's a two course meal for me when I visit my sister, the food is wonderful. The Home is more like an hotel than a care home. Amazing place. I want to reserve my place now! Wonderful staff and environment.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Thursday 31 October 2013 by Hilary (Daughter of Resident)

My mother spent her final few months in The Willows Care Home. She was treated with care, compassion, and most importantly dignity. The management and staff strive constantly to make The Willows a home rather than a Care Home whilst maintaining total professionalism. They all have a great sense of humour and a smile. This is a care home which is not depressing, it is cheerful, bright and pleasant and often filled with laughter. I cannot recommend the management and staff highly enough. Thank you.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Sunday 25 August 2013 by Sheila Lawton (Daughter of resident)

The Willows care home has been my mother's home for several years. The standard of care and the facilities at the Willows have improved extensively over the last few years with the current owner making many improvements. The staff are always courteous, friendly and professional. I feel that my mother is in a safe, secure environment and that all her needs are catered for. She is able to make many of her own choices and I am regularly updated with any changes to her care plan and any health issues.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Thursday 1 August 2013 by David Shaw (Friend)

The Home is always very clean when I visit my friend. She often talks about the activities and entertainment the home offers. The staff work very hard to ensure good care is achieved. There is a very friendly atmosphere at The Willows and a really homely feeling. Its a pleasure to visit my friend who is a resident and is really happy. Also the food is very good. Overall, a professional home, and managed very well by the owner and his team.

Review of The Willows Care Home on Wednesday 17 April 2013 by Claire Birnie (Grandaughter)

My Nan has been a resident (Jean Twist)at the Willows 3 and a half years and she loves it! It's a proper homely feel and she is truly happy and well looked after which make the family feel happy and relaxed knowing she is clean, warm well fed and in safe hands.

Submit a Recommendation for The Willows Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of The Willows Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for The Willows Care Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Willows Care Home