The Willows Care Home, Marton Moss, Blackpool, Lancashire
The Willows Care Home
The Willows Care Home

The Willows Care Home is a 16-bedroom care facility with hotel standards, based in Blackpool, that looks after elderly residents throughout their retirement and any health complications they may have. All resident rooms are accessed at ground level, with own TV and DVD player.

The home's aim is to improve the lifestyle of those in care, offering as much personal choice and opportunities for entertainment and physical activities as possible, whilst keeping all occupants safe, healthy and secure, with permanent access to skilled carers.

The Willows has also been recognised by the NHS Gold Standards Framework for End of Life Care as a 'Beacon' Home, the highest possible award available – and one of only two such care homes in Blackpool to achieve 'Beacon Status'.

Owner: Olivia Josephine Care Ltd

Person in charge: Tracey Otterman (Registered Care Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Blackpool Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 16 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Please contact the home for more details 01253 693961 mobile (24 hour) 01253 693961. Ages from 65 to 106.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on The Willows Care Home: click here

Date: Friday 01 Jun 2012

July 2009

Skills Pledge

Date: Wednesday 01 Jul 2009

Recommendation Score: 10 (9.986)

The user 'Recommendation Score' ( 10 for The Willows Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of The Willows Care Home

As with any care home people are worried in case they have made a mistake as I did in 2010. Once I suspected & proved mum was being mentally/physically abused I went through the correct channels to have her taken to a safe house for 3 months till I did my homework very thoroughly this time! I visited several care homes including Willows many times. After 3 months of taking family with me to view home after home I found myself calling at Willows yet again! In Feb 2013 I moved mum to Willows. Naturally I was apprehensive & visited all the time. Never did I see anything to suggest mum was being ill treated! She was, for the first time, in over 3 years clean & smelled clean, her hair was washed/set, hands feet legs massaged & creamed, nails cut/painted. I had dumped her other clothes as they weren't fit for the charity shop & bought new ones. She is always clean & clothes colour co-ordinated, she's always very well presented! Although mum has dementia she never says anymore-don't bring people to see me, I'm dirty/smelly. She knows she is clean, well cared for, well fed & has even put weight on since moving to Willows! Of course I was wary, didn't sleep for the first few months, & couldn't wait to go & see her to make sure she was well looked after! Who wouldn't be after what mum & I have been through! Mum has been at Willows 6 months now & I am very relaxed. I've actually been on holiday because I know she is safe & in good caring, gentle, thoughtful, kind hands! The staff are lovely & I'm sure it's due to their kindness that mum is no longer in a dark place! She's relaxed, smiles a lot, eats all her meals, & chats a lot with all of them. She is her own boss & goes to bed or gets up when she wants to, there are no strict regimes with no choices. She's treated like a human being & respected for her part in WW2 which she talks about often & always says 'They were the best years of my life' I'm sure mum thinks her move to Willows for the latter part of her life are the best years to! Mum is 90 years young on Remembrance Sunday & since being at Willows she looks a lot younger & the difference is clearly down to the lovely place with her own en-suite room with TV & an intercom should she need staff during the night. Excellent staff care & an ambitious owner Paul whom is constantly upgrading rooms & looking for new ways to improve things. The Orangerie is where you'll find mum & myself lounging whilst other residents draw, do jigsaws, sit & chat, play dominoes, or have a nap. If it's too hot there are plenty of tables/chairs outside around the Orangerie, also a front garden to sit in which is a real sun trap. I was invited to sample the food residents have, it was delicious, well presented & much better than I've tasted in some restaurants! I've been invited to yet another Tea Party this month, I shall take some of mums friends to enjoy the lovely hand made sandwiches scones & cakes whilst singing along with Christie Charles whom kindly comes along to entertain residents & staff, & if we're lucky a certain member off staff may get up & dance again. I am very happy with everything at the Willows, not forgetting the managers Tracy & Samantha whom have nursing qualifications & it's good to know they know the signs & ring for a doctor if they suspect something isn't right! Whenever I'm at Willows I feel like I'm out in the country, surrounded by lovely flowers/plants & fruit bearing trees. One of the residents & staff have planted various vegetables which are served to residents at meal times. They are delicious & a credit to them. Thank you to everyone at Willows for restoring my faith, I know my mum is getting the best care there is! Paul & his managers wouldn't have it any other way. Many thanks to all the staff to, you make mum happy & she HAS told me 'The staff are smashing'! Thanks also for telling me about mums lovely smiles & dry sense of humour. It's great to hear she's found it again!!! 10/10 for everything!!!!! Jay Johnson August 5th 2014

Submitted by Jay (My mother is a resident at Willows) on Tuesday 5 August 2014.

Review of The Willows Care Home

My father has been a resident in the Willows since September, following a fall and he is also suffering from dementia, which means he can no longer live on his own. We were extremely lucky to find him a place in the Willows, because he is very well cared for, clean and comfortable. He had not been eating properly and had lost a lot of weight, but he loves both the quality and quantity of the food in the Willows and has gained weight and looks so much better. He has his own en suite room which gives him privacy, and a French door leading out to the patio. He loves the conservatory with its views over the beautiful grounds. He also has company when he needs it, and we are welcome to visit him freely. The staff are friendly, professional and accessible. It is a great relief to know that he is in such good hands.

Submitted by Janice Lloyd (Daughter of care home resident) on Tuesday 1 July 2014.

Review of The Willows Care Home

My mother-in-law has just spent two weeks respite at your home, on her return has said that she would go back any time. Every thing was to her liking which if you knew my mother-in -law is not an easy thing to say. There were no complaints about any thing so when there are vacancies available again she will be pleased to come back. Many, many thanks from both Brian and Lesley.

Submitted by Lesley Franklin (Relative of carehome tempory resident) on Tuesday 6 May 2014.

Review of The Willows Care Home

A care home I would be happy to be a resident. Lovely staff

Submitted by Eunice C (Friend of Resident) on Wednesday 8 January 2014.

Review of The Willows Care Home

My brothers, sisters and I are very happy with the excellent care Dad has received during the 6 months he's been at The Willows. The staff and management are very caring and we've been very impressed with the warm atmosphere that the Home provides.

Submitted by John Heneghan (Son of Resident/Service User) on Monday 25 November 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

I have nothing to grumble about living here. I get plenty of food and drinks which I love. I like the company I get as I'm never alone unless I want to be and then I would go to my room for an afternoon nap. I have my own chair in the lounge that I like to sit in and watch the soaps at night and talk to my friends and do what ever I choose to do.

Submitted by Jean Twist (Care Home Resident) on Thursday 21 November 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

I originally came to The Willows 4 years ago following a hospital admission and arrived in a wheelchair. Through staff encouraging me, and promoting my independence I can now walk on my own with the use of a stick. I get help when I need it, such as with controlling my diabetes and my medication. The best reason to live here is my room and the view of the garden. I often see woodpeckers, deer, pheasant, and a whole array of other wildlife.

Submitted by Bertram Clark (Care Hom Resident) on Thursday 21 November 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

I like the fact that me and my cat Minnie live here together. We used to live at home, but when I came here I didn't have to leave her behind. I love to wonder in the orchard and the garden a the front of the home. Its safe so no one can get in or out. I also like that I can still still leave the home on a Tuesday to go to my weekly hairdresser's appointment to maintain my independence.

Submitted by Vera Smith (Care Home Resident) on Thursday 21 November 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

All the staff are quick to help me if I need it. I enjoy spending time in the afternoon completing my jigsaws and going out when day trips are organised. Such as the cinema or garden centres. Last Christmas we had an owl come to visit the home and I had my photograph taken with it which was my highlight for Christmas.

Submitted by Mildred (Care Home Resident) on Thursday 21 November 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

I've only been a resident at the home for several months but really enjoy it here. Primarily, the staff I like the most and general comfort. I have freedom to choose what I want to do with my my day.

Submitted by Maurice Sargent (Resident) on Thursday 21 November 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

I like all the things I have to do here, I'm never on my own. I have a lot of people to play games with and continue my colouring and arts and crafts which I used to teach. I am never lonely here, which is one of the best things about living here.

Submitted by Dorothy Mattingley (Resident) on Thursday 21 November 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

There is always someone here to help when you need it. It is far better than struggling to manage on your own at home. The staff are wonderful, and the food is excellent. I really enjoy my time here.

Submitted by Margaret Whalley (Resident) on Thursday 21 November 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

My friend has lived at The Willows for approximately 12 months, ever since a fall resulting in a broken hip made it impossible for her to manage alone. Even before her hospitalisation, it was becoming increasingly difficult for her to manage at home. There she was having carers make her lunches and supplemented by microwave ready meals. She often failed to finish these meals and was losing weight rapidly. She was also very lonely. At The Willows she enjoys the food, especially the puddings, She eats much more and has put on weight. I like the idea of a drinks machine on tap 24/7, I am told it reduces infections and the need to go to hospital. She finds the staff friendly and very caring and enjoys chatting to them. She has also made good friends among the other residents. There is always something going on at The Willows and she joins in with most of the activities. All in all, I am very happy with The Willows its a gem of a home and, my friend is obviously very happy there.

Submitted by Mary Jones (Friend of a resident) on Tuesday 19 November 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

My sister became a resident of the home in April 2012 on a recommendation from her niece who's mother was a resident many years earlier. I travel from Crew once a fortnight to visit the home and I can't sing their praises enough! From the very first day, the staff and management have made a difficult situation easier and enjoyable for her and all our family. I can speak first hand about the food. The home always ensures there's a two course meal for me when I visit my sister, the food is wonderful. The Home is more like an hotel than a care home. Amazing place. I want to reserve my place now! Wonderful staff and environment.

Submitted by Ray Baker (Brother of Resident) on Friday 15 November 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

My mother spent her final few months in The Willows Care Home. She was treated with care, compassion, and most importantly dignity. The management and staff strive constantly to make The Willows a home rather than a Care Home whilst maintaining total professionalism. They all have a great sense of humour and a smile. This is a care home which is not depressing, it is cheerful, bright and pleasant and often filled with laughter. I cannot recommend the management and staff highly enough. Thank you.

Submitted by Hilary (Daughter of Resident) on Thursday 31 October 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

The Willows care home has been my mother's home for several years. The standard of care and the facilities at the Willows have improved extensively over the last few years with the current owner making many improvements. The staff are always courteous, friendly and professional. I feel that my mother is in a safe, secure environment and that all her needs are catered for. She is able to make many of her own choices and I am regularly updated with any changes to her care plan and any health issues.

Submitted by Sheila Lawton (Daughter of resident) on Sunday 25 August 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

The Home is always very clean when I visit my friend. She often talks about the activities and entertainment the home offers. The staff work very hard to ensure good care is achieved. There is a very friendly atmosphere at The Willows and a really homely feeling. Its a pleasure to visit my friend who is a resident and is really happy. Also the food is very good. Overall, a professional home, and managed very well by the owner and his team.

Submitted by David Shaw (Friend) on Thursday 1 August 2013.

Review of The Willows Care Home

My Nan has been a resident (Jean Twist)at the Willows 3 and a half years and she loves it! It's a proper homely feel and she is truly happy and well looked after which make the family feel happy and relaxed knowing she is clean, warm well fed and in safe hands.

Submitted by Claire Birnie (Grandaughter) on Wednesday 17 April 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for The Willows Care Home

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for The Willows Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Willows Care Home