Broadacres Care Home, Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Broadacres Care Home is located in Rotherham, South Yorkshire and provides residential care for both the frail older people who need a little extra assistance, and people living with dementia.

Broadacres offers a pre-bookable short stay and day care service which can be booked up to a year in advance. This is helpful for families when planning holidays or breaks away.

The home has been refurbished to a high standard - the dementia unit has themed walls to assist residents in finding their bearings around the home. Each bedroom can be decorated to the residents taste - the team encourage people to bring in personal belongings to make the place feel like a home-from-home.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Carole Anderson (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 50 residents

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Broadacres Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Broadacres Care Home is based on 19 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.262 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.502 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.76 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.262 for Broadacres Care Home is based on 19 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.502 for Broadacres Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (127 Excellents x 5) + (89 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 227 Ratings = 4.502

The Quantity Score of 4.76 for Broadacres Care Home is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

I enjoy staying here the carers and staff are very good. I would recommend this home to anybody. I would like more entertainment. I enjoy quiz and games.

How likely would you be to recommend Broadacres Care Home? Likely

Activities: Very Poor

My sister has been in this home for two years. Care is good but patchy due to large turnover off staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Broadacres Care Home? Extremely Likely

No complaints, staff very nice, good food. My family is happy as well with the care.

I am happy living here. Staff are really nice and the food is great. Gym activities are great.

My mum stayed at Broadacres at Parkgate, it is a lovely home, not enough staff sometimes but the staff that are there do their best of what they have got. They don't get enough rewards for all their hard work and they don't get paid enough, either they should get both. I will continue to visit the home as the residents are great too and they became good friends of my mum. The home is in a nice area and my mum didn't like it at first but she came to love it as her own home.

How likely would you be to recommend Broadacres Care Home? Extremely Likely

Carole Anderson, Home Manager at Broadacres Care Home responded to this review on 19 Oct 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to review Broadacres Care Home - we appreciate all feedback and make sure we act upon it in the best way we can. I'm delighted to see how likely you are to recommend our home to others. I would like to discuss in more detail the rewards our team can receive - in particular, the ROCK Award scheme which is designed for residents and relatives to nominate members of our team who have had a positive impact on their lives. I will be in touch to talk further and thank you again for the review.

I am happy here, met lots of friends, staff very nice, love my room and always enjoy the food. Lots to do here with activities.

I come to see my auntie, fine staff, very friendly.

I find the care my dad receives to be excellent. All the staff are really friendly and they think a lot of my dad as he does of them. The d├ęcor is a bit tired but they are addressing this.

My dad is generally happy here, although he thinks the rooms should be better labelled, maybe a photo on the doors would be good.

Mam is well cared for and the home is kept very clean. We do think the residents need more stimulation.

I feel safe in this environment and especially my bedroom I love.

Very well looked after here. My bedroom is always clean. I have no problems here, I really enjoy it here.

I would recommend this home, they look after my friend very well, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

The staff and care home are brilliant. I always have something to do and the home is always clean.

Feel welcome anytime. Parents very happy.

I would recommend this home for anyone who wants good care, I especially enjoy the food. I smoke and they provide smoking areas.

I always feel safe here at Broadacres Care Home and the staff are always smiling.

Very friendly staff. I feel relaxed and secure.
I am very happy here.

Individual treatment, dignity, work with relatives and resident. Staff very caring and compassionate.

Submit a Review for Broadacres Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Broadacres Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Broadacres Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Broadacres Care Home