Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice

Tel: 01709 532022

Located within a residential area of Sunnyside, Rotherham, Silverwood (Rotherham) is a purpose built 64 bedded property offering Dementia, Residential and Respite care.

At Silverwood Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Chefs at Silverwood pride themselves in knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Owner: HC-One Ltd

Person in charge: Jan Leyland (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 64 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Silverwood (Rotherham): click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Silverwood (Rotherham)

February 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.4 for Silverwood (Rotherham)) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Tuesday 15 April 2014 by Cynthia Johnson (Niece of resident)

Very pleased with the care aunty is receiving. Very relaxed and homely. Made to feel welcome and can come any time.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Tuesday 8 April 2014 by Adam Roberts (Son of Resident)

The only reason we are leaving this home is that my father needs more care than then home can accommodate (nursing). All staff have been excellent and provided an excellent service.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Wednesday 26 March 2014 by Molly B (Daughter of Resident)

My father only arrived at 6pm yesterday evening so it's a little early to answer all the questions. First impressions are very good. I found the staff very good so far and do not foresee a problem. I am very impressed at how well they coped with y father yesterday and after speaking to the staff this morning i felt like a weight had been lifted off me, especially as he had been kept safe. I cannot rate anything as excellent yet because it is too soon to tell, but I do feel the potential is there.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Thursday 30 January 2014 by Claire Armitage (Daughter of resident)

I am very happy with this home. They all try very hard to settle my mum there. She has only been there 2 1/2 months. The home has appointed an activities co-ordinator to start this month.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Friday 17 January 2014 by Maureen W (Wife of Resident)

Well maintained. Excellent staff. I know my husband is safe and well looked after.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Monday 13 January 2014 by Else B (Daughter of resident)

The care is outstanding; the carers are dedicated and committed to providing excellent care. The manager is already making a difference and listens to issues raised by relatives.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Monday 13 January 2014 by Denise T (Daughter of resident)

Since the new manager has arrived the home has improved in many ways. The dining room is cleaner, the tables are dressed better. The staff get on better together and anything I ask about is acted upon. The home is now a lovely place to visit.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Monday 13 January 2014 by Carole W (Daughter of resident)

Since the new manager arrived everything just looks and smells better, it's a pleasure to visit. The glasses and tables are lots clearer, the staff seem pleasanter and all get on. I feel my mum is being kept clean and looked after nicely.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Monday 13 January 2014 by Susan C (Daughter of resident)

Personal relaxed living environment. The staff work hard and dilligently. My mum feels safe and she lives with friends, not just the other residents but the staff also.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Monday 13 January 2014 by John D (Son of resident)

Such a lovely home, my mother is well cared for and happy. She has Alzheimer's and gets the best care. The staff are always friendly and helpful. I could not wish for her to be anywhere else.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Wednesday 1 January 2014 by Lynor Chadburn (daughter of resident)

Our mum has been in Silverwood for about 6 weeks. During that time she has been treated with dignity and care from all of the staff. Mum's room has just had a 'makeover' everything - from carpets, furniture and decor is new. And we have been able to bring a few of mum's belongings from her home - including her settee. The staff have tried their utmost to help mum settle in. Although we have had a few issues the management were happy to work with us to get things right. Overall we feel that mum's best interests are being met at the moment.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Monday 30 September 2013 by Tannsy Roebuck (Resident)

I stayed here for respite for 2 weeks while my house was being rewired. I had a wonderful time. The staff are caring and bring you everything you ask for. My daughter was very worried about me going into respite after a bad experience, but the staff were amazing, they were very professional and caring. The 2 seniors she dealt with calmed her fears and were fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate using this home again.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Wednesday 24 July 2013 by Margaret W (Daughter of Resident)

Very caring staff.Well decorated and clean building. Good food.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Thursday 18 July 2013 by Pat Munslow (Daughter of resident)

My mum has been at the home for just over a year, she at times is not an easy person to look after but the staff are wonderful. They are so kind to all the residents eg entering a room with a greeting of "hello gorgeous" always very calm, polite and loving. I cannot praise them enough. We can visit at any time, taking mum out or even having a meal with her. My sons are allowed to take their dogs when they visit and mum loves that. The gardens are lovely to sit in for the residents and when we visit. Mum is up a lot at night but the staff make her a drink or snack whenever she wants one. The meals look and smell tasty, mum is a lot healthier now as she is getting balanced meals and not microwave meals. I feel the stress and worry has been taken from my sister and myself now she is in the care home happy, healthy and well looked after.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Thursday 18 July 2013 by Rose R (Resident)

I think it is very good, I am well looked after and the staff are brilliant. There is plenty of things to do reading, painting etc.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Thursday 18 July 2013 by Megan D (Resident)

Very homely, service is great and I feel really welcome here. I enjoy every day here and feel safe. The food is excellent and the staff are always friendly.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Thursday 18 July 2013 by Doreen Pearson (Resident)

I think it's a marvellous place. I love the home improvements. I think there are some very nice people who work and live here. I have fun every day and there is plenty of entertainment. The staff all work very hard.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Thursday 11 July 2013 by Christine J (Daughter in law of resident)

After working in carehomes and knowing the problems that arise, the shortages, the costs and funding, staffing levels, Silverwood in my opinion is the best in the Rotheram Area.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Tuesday 7 May 2013 by Julia B (Daughter of resident)

Mu daughters and I recently went for a visit, after this home was recommended to us by a friend. I am looking for a home for my father, who suffers with dementia. The manager of this home was both welcoming and helpful, as were the staff we also met. My father will be beginning a short stay there with the hope of a permanent home in the future. Many thanks to the staff for their kindness and advice. I'm sure my father will be very happy there.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Friday 1 February 2013 by Barry H (Son of resident)

It is all about caring so she is not any anonymous women, she is Joyce who because she has dementia needs their care. Thus they bring a professional and even a loving approach when dealing with my mother so much so that they keep thinking ahead of what she might need. When I visit her I am Joyce's son and all seem to remember my name. Further they always keep me in touch with any change in my mother's condition.

Review of Silverwood (Rotherham) on Thursday 17 January 2013 by John Patrick Burke (Son of resident)

One of the main reasons I recommend Silverwood care home, is that my mothers health and general well being improved 100% when she entered the home, she also reached the grand age of one hundred years while there. The staff have been wonderful to my mother, she is always clean and well dressed, in good spirits whenever I visit.

Submit a Recommendation for Silverwood (Rotherham)

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Silverwood (Rotherham) and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Silverwood (Rotherham)

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Silverwood (Rotherham)