Silverwood (Rotherham), Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Located within a residential area of Sunnyside, Rotherham, Silverwood (Rotherham) is a purpose built 64 bedded property offering Dementia, Residential and Respite care.

At Silverwood Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Chefs at Silverwood pride themselves in knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Vicki Leck (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 64 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Silverwood (Rotherham): click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.7 for Silverwood (Rotherham)) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

The home is very clean, no smells. The staff are clean and neatly dressed, friendly and look very happy. The staff have a good knowledge of the residents and very pleasant interaction with the residents. Mothers overall condition has vastly improved in two months. She is very happy here and speaks well of the staff and care. The food is excellent. Mother is clean and well groomed and appropriately dressed. We are really pleased with mother's care and od not worry because we can see the excellent care she has received since her admission.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

I like it here because everyone is friendly & if I need anything I have never been disappointed yet. The food is lovely & I get a choice. I have never heard staff complain about anything, it is a pleasant environment and I like all of the staff.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

The staff are pleasant when they come to us. I have made a friend here which is nice. I like my bedroom.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

None for the moment, Mum is being very well looked after.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Recommended by a friend, mother was resident here.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Absolutely everything is right about this home. It is a real home for the vulnerable. I cannot say enough 25/10 in every respect.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Within one day of mum leaving her previous home she was a different woman. She was alert and chatting and laughing. She has stimulation and a bright caring atmosphere pervades at Silverwood. The staff are amazing, friendly, helpful and very caring. There is a dedication to their residents that we never experienced at her previous home.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Staff caring and friendly and community feel. Rooms and building always tidy and clean. Welcome to visit anytime.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

High recommendation for Silverwood Nursing home.
I would like to say that I can highly recommend Silverwood nursing home to anyone who has to make the decision to go into care or who makes the decision on behalf of a family member or friend. You can rest assured that from the start off dealing with the Manager Jan right through to the care staff, food prep and chefs and cleaners you will feel reassured, pleasantly surprised and pleased you chose Silverwood. I have had 2 Aunties in Silverwood at separate times and each time the home and staff have been 100%. They are a credit to care homes. Care homes often get bad press but this home deserves high praise indeed. I can't thank them enough and I would highly recommend their professionalism, care and dedication.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely likely

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Visited mum tonight September 19th 2014. I was very pleased with my mums appearance and the way she is being treated. The home on my 1st visit looked homely, clean and welcoming.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

I think staff are very helpful and can't do enough for me. Staff help me to maintain my independence.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Dad has been a resident here for 2 months. The quality of care is fabulous, I cannot fault it. I work in another care home in Rotherham as a nurse. Silverwood has a lovely feel. Dad has settled really well as a result of wonderful care and carers. Exceptional manager who puts in work above and beyond her role.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Improved greatly since HC-One took over. Myself, as a relative, am treated with respect, and helped, as I do not live in Rotherham. I can phone anytime to ask how my mother is. Mum is treated very well, no problems.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

I have noticed a vast improvement in my mother. She is more lucid and talking better and less confused. The staff are polite, caring and pleasant. Silverwood Nursing Home is clean, secure and a pleasure to visit. This I find and believe is due to the staff and management and would recommend it to anybody. My thanks to the staff for the care given to my mother.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

I would recommend Silverwood to anyone, it is what it says- a care home.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

I would certainly recommend. Caring and dedicated staff, good balanced meals. Activities available if residents wish to participate individual needs catered for.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

My mum has been treated with respect and dignity and is happy and settled enjoying her stay. I would recommend this care home with no regrets.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Mum was transferred here three weeks ago as she needed more specialised care. All carers, admin and management staff have been very friendly and helpful. Mum is treated with respect and she enjoys the food which is well presented. Although mum has difficulty communicating, staff try to have time to sit and chat with her and make her feel more at home.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

I would highly recommend Silverwood Care Home. My mum, Annie Fitzpatrick, was resident there from November 2012 to May 2014, when she sadly passed away. All the staff there went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. Even down to cleaning and laundry staff, I can 100% recommend this place to anyone. The building itself is beautifully kept and is bright and modern. Staff were more like friends to mum.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Mum found it difficult to settle into the home, but with the support of the staffs' continued care she feels at home. Once she had begun to settle my sister and I began to relax and trust the staff, happy in the knowledge that she was being cared for. I feel we made the right decision in choosing Silverdale home, I know that we can approach any issues with the management team.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

My mother has been in Silverwood for over a year, she is always well cared for and treated with the utmost dignity and respect. She is clean and tidy at all times and as myself, my brother and our family work full time, we are completely satisfied that she is safe and well. We are always contacted if there are any concerns. The staff are friendly and caring and we are reassured at all times that she is happy as she is always telling us how nice the staff are to her.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Staff are always friendly and helpful. Rooms are always clean and fresh and mum always looks presentable in clean clothes and her hair combed. Its a hard decision to make putting someone you love in care, but is made a little easier when they are safe and cared for by lovely staff.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Good staff,meals and Mum is treated nicely.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

I am pleased that fruit is on offer now, previously it wasn't. I am also happy that I can come and make mum toast/breakfast as I please. Mum is happy here the staff always try to help with the things that bother us, no matter how small the issue may be.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Very satisfied with service and care, would recommend, very nice, has good food and I'm looked after well.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

My mum has been a resident for just over 2 years. She has been treated with dignity and respect at all times. The staff work so hard. I can come away with the knowledge that she is safe and well looked after. Thank you to everyone!

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Very pleased with the care aunty is receiving. Very relaxed and homely. Made to feel welcome and can come any time.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

The only reason we are leaving this home is that my father needs more care than then home can accommodate (nursing). All staff have been excellent and provided an excellent service.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

My father only arrived at 6pm yesterday evening so it's a little early to answer all the questions. First impressions are very good. I found the staff very good so far and do not foresee a problem. I am very impressed at how well they coped with y father yesterday and after speaking to the staff this morning i felt like a weight had been lifted off me, especially as he had been kept safe. I cannot rate anything as excellent yet because it is too soon to tell, but I do feel the potential is there.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

I am very happy with this home. They all try very hard to settle my mum there. She has only been there 2 1/2 months. The home has appointed an activities co-ordinator to start this month.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Well maintained. Excellent staff. I know my husband is safe and well looked after.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

The care is outstanding; the carers are dedicated and committed to providing excellent care. The manager is already making a difference and listens to issues raised by relatives.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Since the new manager has arrived the home has improved in many ways. The dining room is cleaner, the tables are dressed better. The staff get on better together and anything I ask about is acted upon. The home is now a lovely place to visit.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Since the new manager arrived everything just looks and smells better, it's a pleasure to visit. The glasses and tables are lots clearer, the staff seem pleasanter and all get on. I feel my mum is being kept clean and looked after nicely.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Personal relaxed living environment. The staff work hard and dilligently. My mum feels safe and she lives with friends, not just the other residents but the staff also.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Such a lovely home, my mother is well cared for and happy. She has Alzheimer's and gets the best care. The staff are always friendly and helpful. I could not wish for her to be anywhere else.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Our mum has been in Silverwood for about 6 weeks. During that time she has been treated with dignity and care from all of the staff. Mum's room has just had a 'makeover' everything - from carpets, furniture and decor is new. And we have been able to bring a few of mum's belongings from her home - including her settee. The staff have tried their utmost to help mum settle in. Although we have had a few issues the management were happy to work with us to get things right. Overall we feel that mum's best interests are being met at the moment.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

I stayed here for respite for 2 weeks while my house was being rewired. I had a wonderful time. The staff are caring and bring you everything you ask for. My daughter was very worried about me going into respite after a bad experience, but the staff were amazing, they were very professional and caring. The 2 seniors she dealt with calmed her fears and were fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate using this home again.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Very caring staff.Well decorated and clean building. Good food.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

My mum has been at the home for just over a year, she at times is not an easy person to look after but the staff are wonderful. They are so kind to all the residents eg entering a room with a greeting of "hello gorgeous" always very calm, polite and loving. I cannot praise them enough. We can visit at any time, taking mum out or even having a meal with her. My sons are allowed to take their dogs when they visit and mum loves that. The gardens are lovely to sit in for the residents and when we visit. Mum is up a lot at night but the staff make her a drink or snack whenever she wants one. The meals look and smell tasty, mum is a lot healthier now as she is getting balanced meals and not microwave meals. I feel the stress and worry has been taken from my sister and myself now she is in the care home happy, healthy and well looked after.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

I think it is very good, I am well looked after and the staff are brilliant. There is plenty of things to do reading, painting etc.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

Very homely, service is great and I feel really welcome here. I enjoy every day here and feel safe. The food is excellent and the staff are always friendly.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

I think it's a marvellous place. I love the home improvements. I think there are some very nice people who work and live here. I have fun every day and there is plenty of entertainment. The staff all work very hard.

Silverwood (Rotherham)

After working in carehomes and knowing the problems that arise, the shortages, the costs and funding, staffing levels, Silverwood in my opinion is the best in the Rotheram Area.

Submit a Review for Silverwood (Rotherham)

April 2014

2014 Carehome.co.uk Awards

Recipient: Silverwood (Rotherham)

Date: Friday 04 Apr 2014

There are no jobs posted yet for Silverwood (Rotherham)

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Silverwood (Rotherham)