Hamshaw Court, Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire

Hamshaw Court is one of the latest additions to Minster Care, registered for forty-five adults and offering modern and personalised care within a comfortable living environment.

Part of the Minster Care group portfolio, the home is committed to maximising the home's potential for good physical, mental and emotional health, providing compassionate care from a team of properly trained staff.

Group: Minster Care Group

Person in charge: Emma Jackson (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kingston upon Hull City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 45 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Mental Health Condition • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages from 60 to 110.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £396 – £525

Facilities & Services: Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Any time but please avoid meal times.

Two car park areas to the front and rear of the home.

Latest CQC* Report on Hamshaw Court: click here

8.9 Hamshaw Court has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.864)

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Hamshaw Court is based on 9 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.864 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.564 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.3 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

• The maximum Review Score for a care home / service is 10 and it is based on the published Reviews in the last 2 years. When a Review is submitted by someone who has previously submitted a Review, only the latest Review will count towards the Review Score.

The Review Score of 8.864 for Hamshaw Court is based on 9 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.564 for Hamshaw Court is calculated as follows: ( (59 Excellents x 5) + (40 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 101 Ratings = 4.564

The Quantity Score of 4.3 for Hamshaw Court is calculated as follows:

2. 0.1 x 9 Positive Reviews = 0.900

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hamshaw Court?

Reviewer Connection to Hamshaw Court

• Relative of Resident/Service User

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

3 Reviews* is 4.6 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 3 reviews. Ratings from the 6 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

The care provided at Henshaw Court was excellent. The staff also provided the support the family needed at the time of passing.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamshaw Court? Extremely Likely

The care towards my Mam was very professional and caring. The staff were excellent with us as well as my Mam. When we were losing my mam, everyone was wonderful and caring towards us the family. Mam liked the carers, cleanliness and handyman. We could not have asked for anything better. I would recommend Hamshaw to anyone. Thank you to all. x

How likely would you be to recommend Hamshaw Court? Extremely Likely

All staff at Hamshaw Court went above and beyond to both my nanna and her full family during my nanna's illness and sad passing. Nothing was ever too much trouble and the care far exceeded that expected of a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamshaw Court? Extremely Likely

Emma Jackson, Home Manager at Hamshaw Court responded to this review on 27 Sep 2016:

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Hamshaw Court is good in every way, we all have good and bad days. I like the staff and get along with them all. Sometimes, I may become irritable due to my health problems but the staff are understanding.

No Average Rating is available*

I am independent with care but I know if I need help I just have to ask, the same for my partner in the home. I really love my flat and feel mine is the best! I am happy at Hamshaw it has its ups and downs. I would like to go home one day but for now I am settled.

No Average Rating is available*

I like Hamshaw Court, it's very satisfactory for what I need and it's good that it's near the main shops and is handily located for easy access for all my needs. The food is very good, the fish and chips are nice.

No Average Rating is available*

I like the activities that are available, I like that I'm not stuck in my flat on my own all day. I like that we have a tuck trolley and I have access to my money when I need it.

No Average Rating is available*

The staff treat me really well and I can have a laugh and a joke with them - it keeps the world going. I like that I have a flat and not just a room and that I can have my friends over. I always have someone to talk to here and I like to have a smoke in the Garden it is nice.

No Average Rating is available*

Since the new manager took over at Hamshaw Court we couldn't be happier, there has been so many changes and for the better. My mum is very well looked after and we as a family would definitely recommend Hamshaw Court. Now with a whole new team we feel we can talk to them and go to any of them with any issues or concerns.

Submit a Review for Hamshaw Court

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hamshaw Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hamshaw Court