Scarborough Hall Care Home, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
Scarborough Hall Care Home
Scarborough Hall Care Home

A real home has as much personality as the people who live there. That's why we've made Scarborough Hall a place you'd be proud and happy to live in - just as you would your own home.

Situated on the edge of the bustling seaside town of Scarborough, this warm and inviting residence has great access to local amenities, and it is a short drive from the sandy beaches of the North Yorkshire coast.

With 85 bedrooms divided between our residential and dementia care units, we think carefully about the type of room each residents needs. Bedrooms are set across three floors and there are two lounges and a diner on the bottom two floors. The top floor is smaller and has a separate lounger as well as a diner/lounge. All furnishings a decor throughout the home are of an exceptionally high standard. There is also extensive grounds surrounding the home with nautical-themed gardens, a conservatory, well-maintained pathways and accessible planters for green-fingered residents to enjoy.

Care workers understand that moving into Scarborough Hall will be a considerable transition, but it's one they try to make feel as easy as possible. By helping you arrange your room just the way you like, or bringing you your daily newspaper, they'll do the little things that make the biggest difference.

Group: brighterkind

Person in charge: Charlotte Nurse (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Yorkshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 85 residents

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Lift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Scarborough Hall Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Scarborough Hall Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Scarborough Hall Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.7 for Scarborough Hall Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Scarborough Hall Care Home

My mother moved from her own flat into Scarborough (prev lodge) in 2007. This was the outstanding care home in Scarborough after we had looked at many others. The options ticked below applied from 2007 until last year when she died. I cannot praise enough the whole staff from management, care staff, cleaners, receptionist etc. My mother who had dementia was always treated with dignity and her family for the last 6 years of her life it was a great relief knowing she was safe.

Submitted by Pamela W (Daughter of resident) on Friday 29 August 2014.

Review of Scarborough Hall Care Home

When I had to start looking for a home Scarborough Hall was recommended. I visited the hall and was very surprised by the staff and receptionist welcome. I was also impressed with the overall standard of cleanliness, care/support, staff room, facilities, food, drink, activities, safety, security and well being of all residents. The hall is value for money and I would recommend Scarborough to friends, family and even strangers.

Submitted by Ian H (Son of Resident) on Tuesday 12 August 2014.

Review of Scarborough Hall Care Home

Scarborough Hall looked after both my parents. My father from when they opened until he died in 2013 from a broken heart. My mother moved in 6 months after my dad, until she moved into a nursing home in 2012, where she dies six weeks before my father. Scarborough Hall looked after them both really well and always treated them kindly and with dignity. The rooms were always clean and tidy and the staff very friendly to both residents and visitors. Nothing was ever too much trouble. I have no hesitation in recommending the care home and staff involved.

Submitted by Michael S (Resident / Service User) on Friday 1 August 2014.

Review of Scarborough Hall Care Home

Dear Ely (Scarborough Hall Activities Leader) I had a wonderful day on Saturday at the Home's Annual Fete and taking Mum to Church on Sunday and seeing her in such good form was a real joy for me. Mum's dementia is clearly progressing, her speech is going and she has no idea of where she is and what is going on...but....she is completely without anxiety and is calm and at peace. This can only be because of the love and care you and the Scarborough Hall team give to her. Throughout my life I am regularly surprised by people who have such energy and desire to care for others, such love is a gift and I thank God that you have that gift and my Mum is benefiting from it. Thank You Ely

Submitted by Rachel Murt (Family of current resident) on Tuesday 29 July 2014.

Review of Scarborough Hall Care Home

My mother was a resident at Scarborough Hall for 51/2 years until her death. During that time we were extremely satisfied with the care she received. She was very happy and settled at the home and the staff always treated her kindly and with dignity. I would highly recommend Scarborough Hall.

Submitted by Sandra Murray (Daughter of Deceased Resident) on Tuesday 29 July 2014.

Review of Scarborough Hall Care Home

My mother has been in the care home for almost 4 months. It is early days yet but it seems very good so far. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend the home to anyone.

Submitted by Glynis Wood (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 29 July 2014.

Review of Scarborough Hall Care Home

My brother and I have complete peace of mind with mum in Scarborough Hall. She has been a resident for 5 years, with marked deterioration in her dementia. She is completely settled and content there. The staff are wonderful with her and their patience in boundless!! Her quality of life is now poor, but we are content knowing she is well cared for and valued.

Submitted by Janette Johnstone (Daughter of resident) on Monday 28 July 2014.

Review of Scarborough Hall Care Home

My mum was very happy during her four years at Scarborough Hall, she was encouraged to take part in the activities and always enjoyed the music sessions, she liked singing and when able enjoyed a dance. the staff were always kind and caring not only to her but us as well. I would recommend Scarborough Hall to anyone because they can be sure their loved one would be well cared for.

Submitted by Nicholas B (Mother of Resident) on Monday 28 July 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Scarborough Hall Care Home

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Scarborough Hall Care Home

Charrdi

Charrdi Turner

Job Title: Team Leader

Joined: 2008

Charrdi has worked as Scarborough Hall since 2008. She started as a care assistant and worked her way up to been a senior care assistant.

In February 2013 Charrdi began to work as a Team Leader. She works closely with the staff team to ensure that they provide a high standard of care for our residents

Qualifications

NVQ 2 in care, NVQ 3 In care

Carol Gallilee

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Carol has 30 years experience working in a variety of healthcare settings. The last 20 years have been spent working with older people with Dementia and Mental Health problems.

Carol is committed to working with older people and passionate about her work.

Charlotte

Charlotte Nurse

Joined: 2007

My name is Charlotte, I am the Home Manager at Scarborough Hall. I have been in post since Nov 2007.

I have worked in care for 20 years and have been a manager for the last 10 years, working in elderly dementia care.

We aim to provide high standards of care and promote resident participation.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Scarborough Hall Care Home