Armstrong House, Bensham, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
Armstrong House
Armstrong House

Tel: 0333 434 3003

Armstrong House in Gateshead offers expert nursing and residential care to a capacity of seventy-one residents, adhering to national care standards and looking to ensure each individual enjoys a satisfying lifestyle. Carers have an extensive range of skills and consult regularly with other healthcare professionals to make sure care is appropriate to a service user's needs. The latest care technology is incorporated where possible and an activities programme allows for a wide range of hobbies to be pursued.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Debbie Douglas (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 71 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Armstrong House: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Armstrong House

June 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.5 for Armstrong House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Armstrong House on Friday 6 June 2014 by Susan W (Daughter of resident)

The dementia care unit of this home is very good and I can be assured that my mother receives good care and attention. The staff do all they can to make the residents comfortable and as content as they are able to be.

Review of Armstrong House on Wednesday 14 May 2014 by Tracey Miller (Daughter of resident)

All the staff from domestics to management were there at all times whatever the time of day for our mam and ourselves. They are very caring, it is not just a job to them. They treat my mam like she is one of their own, they treat my mam with dignity and respect. My mam likes banter which staff give back which makes mam feel like she is at her own home. O would recommend Armstrong House to everyone.

Review of Armstrong House on Tuesday 13 May 2014 by Audrey Dafter (Daughter of resident)

My mum is well cared for and the staff are very approachable and good at their job. They are very professional, caring and considerate. They go beyond their duties, always have a smile on their face. They do a lot of activities with the residents, from sing songs, bonnet making, flower arranging and also ponies in to see residents etc. We are looking to have our mum in permanent as she is respite. Really hope we can.

Review of Armstrong House on Thursday 1 May 2014 by Christine M (Daughter of Resident)

The staff are very caring and friendly to everyone and will give you any information you need at anytime of the day. My Mam went if for respite for three weeks, she was very poorly and had a poor diet and fluid intake, the staff picked up on this immediately and put a chart in place. They contacted the GP who wanted my mam to to to hospital, my mam did not want to go because she loved the staff and loved being here, duet to the staff going beyond there duties my Mam is the best she has been in a long time. I would recommend this home to anyone.

Review of Armstrong House on Friday 11 April 2014 by Kathleen B (Wife of Resident)

The carers here do a good job dealing with difficult residents and working in the heat of the home. They always remain cheerful and smiling. I know they love their jobs as they come to work when they are feeling poorly themselves. Sometimes they come in on their days off if there is a staff shortage. All the staff in this home are kind considerate and helpful.

Review of Armstrong House on Wednesday 22 May 2013 by Gail Koefod (Friend of a resident)

It has been many years since I have visited a care home until I recently visited Armstrong House to see an old friend. I have to say that I found the home, staff and care provided excellent. This home has a real homely feel to it, with lovely large bright rooms and lounges. the day I visited their were a number of activities underway and lots of laughter and smiling faces from the residents. The staff were very friendly to both myself and my friend and talked to all the other residents whilst we were in the lounge. I felt very comforted after my visit to see my friend happy and cared for. I would certainly recommend this home to anyone considering a care home.

Submit a Recommendation for Armstrong House

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Armstrong House and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Armstrong House

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Armstrong House