Southernwood Promoting Independence Centre in Gateshead provides support for people who struggle to live alone and allows people to live independent lives.

Southernwood is one of 4 Promoting Independence Centre's and can offer short term accommodation for up to 24 people at a time whilst allowing service users to meet new people and participate in daily activities.

Southernwood specialises in mental health care, dementia care as well as physical disabilities and care for older people.

The staff at Southernwood work with outside organisations to help users of the centre to live independent lives.

Group: Gateshead Council

Person in charge: Janet Regan (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Local Authority Owned , 24 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Latest CQC* Report on Southernwood: click here

Recommendation Score: 9 (8.973)

The user 'Recommendation Score' ( 9 for Southernwood) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Southernwood

Could not fault my stay at Southerwood care and support was excellent. Will be returning again for more respite stay to give my wife a break. Treated with dignity all the time, staff asking for choices.

Southernwood

I cannot fault anything about Southernwood, I was staying for a week's respite. The staff work to a very high standard and very professional. I would go back for a holiday any time, made some lovely friends. Would just go back for the staff. Would just like to say "Thank You".

Southernwood

Our mother Betty was transferred from the QEH to Southernwood for assessment. Our family were concerned because she is independent and with our help has lived alone for a number of years. She settled in very well and did not want to leave. The staff were exceptional. They were highly trained, professional and very caring. We cannot thank them enough.

Southernwood

I can not fault the care or the support from all the staff and are very friendly and willing team. I've enjoyed my time at southernwood, very high standard. Always given a choice of menu everyday. I enjoyed joining in the activities overall view it's a well run centre.

Southernwood

Enjoyed my weeks respite stay at Southernwood. Everyone from manager to floor staff do a great job, very friendly and supportive. Loved the food, very high standard of cleanliness. Enjoyed the company will be going in July- like a 5 star hotel.

Southernwood

The staff were extremely kind to my mum and myself, I felt I knew them really well. I observed them to be very kind to other residents. I visited at all times of day and night, mum was always clean and tidy, they helped feed her (she was assessed as needing 24 hour nursing care), they sat with her and reassured her, mealtimes were organised, clean and tidy. I felt we were helped all the way. Activities were organised by staff, quiz, manicures etc.

Submit a Recommendation for Southernwood

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Southernwood

There are no jobs posted yet for Southernwood

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Southernwood