Grangewood, Houghton le Spring, Tyne & Wear

Grangewood is a Care UK accommodation registered to welcome up to fifty residents, specialising in solutions for people with mental health difficulties.

Residents with learning disabilities and issues with memory loss, such as Alzheimer's, are assisted in protecting their life skills in a calm and empowering environment.

Staff are well trained and experienced in carrying out personalised care packages, supporting the dignity of each individual on a daily basis.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Dorothy Marlow (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sunderland City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 50 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Grangewood: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.6 for Grangewood) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Grangewood

The home is modern, well equipped and clean. Staff are friendly and helpful. Residents appear to be comfortable in their surroundings and rooms are bright and cared for. There is room for home comforts to be fitted in the rooms which I believe helps residents settle in more easily.

Grangewood

My mother was admitted to Grangewood in an emergency and management and staff have been excellent with my mother and all the family, the home is clean well managed and staff always have time for the family when we visit.

Grangewood

My father's health deteriorated very rapidly and unexpectedly, I had to look for a suitable care home that would be able to look after him. My dad is still quite young and this was a very difficult decision to make, however, the manager and the staff made this decision very easy from the outset. The staff are so friendly and welcoming and genuinely care about the residents and are always close at hand should you need advice or help. I can honestly say I would recommend Grangewood care home to anyone thinking about or needing to put a family member into care. My dad is so happy at Grangewood, the staff do a great job of looking after him the rooms are immaculate and the food always looks amazing. The care my dad receives is of the highest standard and staff go above and beyond to help. Well done to you all and a huge thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Grangewood? Extremely likely

Grangewood

In my opinion the staff and over all running of the home is first class.

Grangewood

I did not want my dad to go into a care home and had heard many nightmare stories, but when he was discharged from hospital we needed to find somewhere for respite care. I visited many homes and was particularly impressed by Grangewood where I was welcomed by staff who appeared happy in their work. My dad was not easy to deal with when he first arrived, but staff were very patient and really tried hard to understand his needs and then meet them. The manager is excellent, obviously experienced and very knowledgeable. I actually feel that he is better off in Grangewood than he would be at home. I never thought I'd say that.

Submit a Recommendation for Grangewood

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Grangewood

Night Senior Care Assistant

Exceeds Minimum Wage (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Houghton le Spring, Tyne & Wear