Beamish Residential Home

Old Vicarage, West Pelton, Chester-le-Street, Stanley DH9 6RT

Email Phone Number Brochure Recommend Us Funding Advice

Tel: 0191 370 1763

Owner: Mrs M Murray

Person in charge: Marie Murray (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Durham County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 21 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £418 , Personal Care Shared (per person) from £418

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Beamish Residential Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Beamish Residential Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Beamish Residential Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.6 for Beamish Residential Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Beamish Residential Home

My grandmother received care at Beamish Care Home and I cannot recommend it highly enough. It is one of a few smaller care homes in the area therefore I found they could provide truly person centred care. The staff offer an excellent standard of individual care to each resident and the people living at Beamish are just that 'people' not a number as it often seems in so many of the larger care homes. It is a very challenging time choosing a care home and leaving your loved ones in the care of others however over the time I've been involved with Beamish I have never had any cause for concern. The staff are kind, caring and approachable, they were not only caring towards my grandma they extended their kindness and compassion to me and my family. The environment is ideal as it is very homely which I think helped my grandma when moving from her own home into a care home. Beamish provided care to my grandma until the end of her life and they responded to her changing needs over the three years she lived there. As a family we spent a lot of time in Beamish visiting and caring for my grandma but when we couldn't be there we had no worries about leaving her in the care of her 'Beamish family' who cared for her so well at the time she needed it most. My family and I will be forever grateful to all at Beamish both staff and residents who made my Grandmas life comfortable and happy while she was there. If you are considering options for residential care for a loved one I hope this has provided you with useful information about the care provided at Beamish and has helped a little at a difficult time.

Submitted by JK (Granddaughter of Resident/Service User) on Sunday 9 March 2014.

Review of Beamish Residential Home

The care home is very clean and staff are very friendly. My mother is bed ridden due to her dementia but she has excellent care. She is always clean and well presented each day I visit her. We had moved my mother from a large care home to Beamish as it was a small family run home and it is just like my mam being looked after in her own home. It's a hard decision putting a loved one in a care home and it's not until they are a resident that you really find out what they are like. Thank goodness for Marie and her staff as we are so happy with my mam's excellent care.

Submitted by patricia glanville (daughter of rresident) on Saturday 4 January 2014.

Review of Beamish Residential Home

We moved Mam from a large care home to Beamish as we were dissatisfied with her care. This is the best decision we have made. The standard of care is excellent and we are delighted with the way the staff are committed to caring for Mam and satisfying all her needs. The Home is very welcoming, beautifully clean, and Marie the owner and her staff are what you hope to find when looking for a place to put your loved one. We now can leave Mam after a visit knowing she is in the best possible place.

Submitted by SHEILA DUNN (daughter of care home resident) on Saturday 4 January 2014.

Review of Beamish Residential Home

My mum never wanted to go into a home but when it was necessary due to an accident she really appreciated the help of the staff. She enjoyed the home cooked meals and socialised with the other residents. She would come back if she needed to (only here).

Submitted by K. Fox (Daughter of Resident) on Monday 12 August 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Beamish Residential Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Beamish Residential Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Beamish Residential Home

Other Care Homes located nearby to Beamish Residential Home

Click here for information on how to remove the 'other' Care Home listings from your profile page