Group: Touray & Co Ltd

Person in charge: Judith Brown (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northumberland County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 27 residents

Admission Information: Only to be within registered categories.

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Highfield House: click here

The Review Score of 8.6 (maximum of 10) for Highfield House is based on 4 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.633 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.938 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 3.696 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.6 for Highfield House is based on 4 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.938 for Highfield House is calculated as follows: ( (45 Excellents x 5) + (3 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 48 Ratings = 4.938

The Quantity Score of 3.696 for Highfield House is calculated as follows:

2. 0.1 x 4 Positive Reviews = 0.400

My husband is a resident in Highfield house. He has Vascular Dementia/Alzheimer's.
The Manager & all the staff are so very caring, all the residents are treat with dignity & respect.
I visit my husband on a daily basis & I have observed the fantastic care the residents receive.
It took me a long time to accept that my husband needed long term care & I couldn't wish for him to be in a better place.
The Manager & staff have also been so supportive of me during some of my darkest days. I can't thank them all enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Highfield House? Extremely Likely

In November 2013 my father was diagnosed with a grade 4 glioblastoma brain tumour. He was unable to make his own informed decisions due to the effect of the tumour so we decided whilst we couldn't look after him full time we would like him close by so we could be around as much as we could.

We decided on Highfield house which was right on our doorstep and from the initial visit to make sure the home was suitable both the management and the staff did everything they could to help us make an informed choice showing us various rooms, food menus and explaining what type type of activities and most importantly care that was available.

As my father still had his mobility he was offered a larger room on the 2nd floor which was more like a small flat, we were able to furnish it with a lot of his things which helped him feel really at home. He also had his own key for his room that he'd use when we took him out so that he really had a sense of being at home.

The staff were exceptional from his initial visit until his last days with them, they were always on hand to make sure his personal and care needs were met. They always made him feel very welcome at the home and he built up good relationships with many of them.

The home were very accommodating in helping my father meet his hospital appointments when I was unable to attend due to work , I think he enjoyed going more with them than me.

Sadly my father passed away in January but I am 100% positive that he enjoyed an extended period of life by living at Highfield house due to the care provided.

Overall this is an excellent care home with excellent well trained and caring staff members and if I had to make the decision again I'd choose Highfield House.

After my mother's four heart attacks, depression started. I got her to go to Highfield house for day care which see loved as all the staff are so friendly and caring there is such a lovely atmosphere as you walk through the door. As my mother got back on track with her life she didn't need to go any more but the management still included her in everything even inviting her and her friend to Xmas day so they wouldn't be alone over the festive season. My mother has had a bit of bad luck with her health and has been back to Highfield for respite they have a new manager who is a trained nurse who is very obliging, caring and always has a smile and a kind word. My mother has put weight on with the lovely food and is on track to being her self again. Thank you Highfield House

Our mother was in a terrible state of health and mind. She had a care package who could not be praised highly enough for their efforts. She was sleeping virtually 24 hours per day, refusing food and refusing to take prescribed medication. She was losing the will the live.
My sister made enquiries with reference to respite care and Highfield House was strongly recommended. The arrangements were made extremely swiftly and our mother was admitted for respite care on the same day. When we received a telephone call the next morning to inform us our mother had eaten an evening meal and enjoyed breakfast with the other residents we were overjoyed. My mother is now enjoying a new lease of life thanks to the care and attention provided by all staff at Highfield House. You are a credit to your profession.

Submit a Review for Highfield House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Highfield House

There are no jobs posted yet for Highfield House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Highfield House