Group: Sovereign Care North East Ltd

Person in charge: Judith Brown (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northumberland County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 27 residents

Admission Information: Only to be within registered categories.

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Highfield House: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.6 for Highfield House) is based on 4 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Highfield House

In November 2013 my father was diagnosed with a grade 4 glioblastoma brain tumour. He was unable to make his own informed decisions due to the effect of the tumour so we decided whilst we couldn't look after him full time we would like him close by so we could be around as much as we could. We decided on Highfield house which was right on our doorstep and from the initial visit to make sure the home was suitable both the management and the staff did everything they could to help us make an informed choice showing us various rooms, food menus and explaining what type type of activities and most importantly care that was available. As my father still had his mobility he was offered a larger room on the 2nd floor which was more like a small flat, we were able to furnish it with a lot of his things which helped him feel really at home. He also had his own key for his room that he'd use when we took him out so that he really had a sense of being at home. The staff were exceptional from his initial visit until his last days with them, they were always on hand to make sure his personal and care needs were met. They always made him feel very welcome at the home and he built up good relationships with many of them. The home were very accommodating in helping my father meet his hospital appointments when I was unable to attend due to work , I think he enjoyed going more with them than me. Sadly my father passed away in January but I am 100% positive that he enjoyed an extended period of life by living at Highfield house due to the care provided. Overall this is an excellent care home with excellent well trained and caring staff members and if I had to make the decision again I'd choose Highfield House.

Highfield House

After my mother's four heart attacks, depression started. I got her to go to Highfield house for day care which see loved as all the staff are so friendly and caring there is such a lovely atmosphere as you walk through the door. As my mother got back on track with her life she didn't need to go any more but the management still included her in everything even inviting her and her friend to Xmas day so they wouldn't be alone over the festive season. My mother has had a bit of bad luck with her health and has been back to Highfield for respite they have a new manager who is a trained nurse who is very obliging, caring and always has a smile and a kind word. My mother has put weight on with the lovely food and is on track to being her self again. Thank you Highfield House

Highfield House

Our mother was in a terrible state of health and mind. She had a care package who could not be praised highly enough for their efforts. She was sleeping virtually 24 hours per day, refusing food and refusing to take prescribed medication. She was losing the will the live. My sister made enquiries with reference to respite care and Highfield House was strongly recommended. The arrangements were made extremely swiftly and our mother was admitted for respite care on the same day. When we received a telephone call the next morning to inform us our mother had eaten an evening meal and enjoyed breakfast with the other residents we were overjoyed. My mother is now enjoying a new lease of life thanks to the care and attention provided by all staff at Highfield House. You are a credit to your profession.

Highfield House

Our mother became a resident at Highfield House in November 2010 following the death of our father. The family were understandably concerned that no-one could look after her in the same way as her family could. However, I am pleased to confirm that we were very wrong. The management and staff have proved to be a very caring and supportive group of people, nothing being too much trouble for them. Mother has Alzheimer's / dementia issues and so can be quite challenging but the staff take it in their stride and deal with all her needs in a very caring and professional way. I would have no hesitation in recommending Highfield House to anyone looking for care for any relative or friend. Keep up the good work.

Submit a Review for Highfield House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Highfield House

There are no jobs posted yet for Highfield House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Highfield House