Whitehouse, Wrexham, Wrexham

White House is situated near Wrexham town centre with easy access for visitors, friends and family.

Specialising in supporting those who may need help with daily tasks as well as people with mental health difficulties. White House also provides day care, respite care as well as a rapid response service for emergencies.

All staff are highly training and fully qualified so that each individuals needs can be met with dignity.

Group: Chestnut House Healthcare Group

Person in charge: Debra Davies (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wrexham County Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 33 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Sensory Impairment • Substance Misuse

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Welsh

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Whitehouse: click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

9.9 Whitehouse has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.875)

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Whitehouse is based on 22 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.875 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.875 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

• The maximum Review Score for a care home / service is 10 and it is based on the published Reviews in the last 2 years. When a Review is submitted by someone who has previously submitted a Review, only the latest Review will count towards the Review Score.

The Review Score of 9.875 for Whitehouse is based on 22 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.875 for Whitehouse is calculated as follows: ( (231 Excellents x 5) + (31 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 263 Ratings = 4.875

The Quantity Score of 5 for Whitehouse is calculated as follows:

3. (22 Positive Reviews ÷ 33 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.333 (maximum score = 1)

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Whitehouse?

Reviewer Connection to Whitehouse

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

17 Reviews* is 4.9 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 17 reviews. Ratings from the 5 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

The family of my dear father, cannot praise the manager, duty manager and numerous members of excellent carers enough.
After moving to a much larger room my dad has settled in much better. One thing is the family have had to ensure that they contact us if he has any falls at anytime of the day/night. Needs decorating to freshen up.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

Whitehouse management and staff are highly qualified, hard working and extremely kind to each resident. As soon as you walk through the front door there is a "buzz"! Every resident matters which reflects in the enthusiasm of the staff. Home is well decorated with appropriate pictures/drawings on the walls. My mother is always talking about one or the other, certainly stimulates her. Activities programme is very varied and fun!

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I am very happy my brother has chosen the Whitehouse. I now can relax and know he is cared for. A lot has happened in the past. The Manager and staff are excellent with my brother, also his family and I thank them.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

My dad has been at The Whitehouse a while now and I must say things have improved a lot, a lot of things have changed (for the better) my dad always seems very happy and content. I can't visit much due to my location but I know he is safe.
I quite often speak to my dad on the phone, he always tells me what's going on. I visited in May and he was at his best, the staff were all lovely, everywhere was clean and tidy, and they are speaking about getting the garden expanded which will be great. Thank you to you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

My mum has been at The Whitehouse for many months now, now I have got a clearer picture I would like to leave a review. I was very nervous about my mum going into a home, but I must say The Whitehouse staff and management have really made the move so easy. The care, well from what I witness, you can't fault, so caring and respecting.
Secondly management are very approachable, nothing is too much trouble, always go over and beyond. I am very happy that my mum is settled and treated well. No issues.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I have enjoyed living at the Whitehouse everyone is very nice with me. I have recently celebrated my 100th Birthday here, I had a wonderful day with lots of visitors, the staff were brilliant. I have a number of friends here and if I need help or have any concerns I speak to the staff who sort it out immediately. I like to read my books and watch the television, I join in with the daily activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

We feel that the care is excellent provided to my aunt, we feel the staff are very caring and always offer us refreshments. The management are very nice, everything is extremely well, we couldn't be happier. All the residents are always happy and smiling, my aunt has been in bed for 6 months and we couldn't ask for better care.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

My uncle is being treated very well and nothing is ever too much trouble. Also when his family visit they are also treated well. I recommend The Whitehouse to be one of the best care homes in the Wrexham area.
All the staff are excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I have lived at the Whitehouse for a long time now. I really like it here, I have a few friends here but my main friend had her 100th birthday here a few weeks ago, we all had a lovely day. The staff always help me if I need help and the lounges are beautiful. We have a good variety of food but I enjoy my puddings.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I have recently lost my lovely dad and my mum is at the Whitehouse. They have A plus staff and they are always willing to listen. The staff have helped me and it was my fathers funeral and a member of staff accompanied mum to the funeral and considering she didn't know anybody she became one of us, it is difficult to explain how good she really was. Cannot fault the Whitehouse and they are very approachable and very caring. I am happy with mums bedroom and please she ishere.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I really enjoy living here, the staff are so kind to me. I have never known such kindness, I like to keep myself busy, which the staff help me do. I think it's fantastic and they all work so hard.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I love to live here at The Whitehouse, everyone is very kind. I often go out, the staff are very nice and always help me. It is very clean and tidy. The food is very nice and we have lots of choice. I have a very big bedroom which is always kept clean and tidy and we do like to chat to staff and they always take the time for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I visited my friend in the White House a number of weeks ago and there was a 100th birthday party going on the same day, the staff ensured that all the other people were involved in the day the staff at the white house had gone over and beyond to decorate the lounge and got entertainment, there was also a buffet on for the day for everyone including us visitors the staff was dancing with the people to ensure that they was having a good day and getting involved. It was so nice to see I'm so glad my friend is here I know I can go home and relax and my friend is safe but most importantly happy she has made some friends there which also helps, massive thank you to all staff and management for everything you do.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I have been living at The Whitehouse for a number of months now and I love it. I have a few friends here and I like to talk to others too, my family visit all the time. I get a lots of support from the staff and nurses, everyone is kind to me and always helps me.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I love living here, I have my nice room upstairs with my personal things around me. I love my sewing machine and enjoy doing little jobs for staff and the residents.
I have made a lot of friends as I lived on my own and I feel I have an extended family.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

My wife has been in the Whitehouse for about 6 months now as I could not cope any more. I have found the staff to be most kind with her and they go over and above to make her happy.
I really do not know what I would do without the home. I now have a life again and visit as often as I wish, she is settled now, not distraught and content, this makes me at peace with myself.
The home is very homely and clean and all are approachable. I like that they have a family get together once a month with a meeting and I can take part in it and be a part of the home. I can still have a big say in my views. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I visited my friend who is a resident at the white house and has been there for many months, she is always very clean and tidy and more importantly happy, I find the staff take time out to spend with my friend as she does spend a lot of time in her room, the last visit was such a good visit as my friend was so happy and content in the white house, I can not thank all staff enough what a lovely bunch of people and always a lovely atmosphere everyone is always made very well come.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

Very happy with the staff and service that my mother is receiving. Perhaps more varied menu could be provided.

No Average Rating is available*

Having been in care homes for a total of four years. Confined to a wheelchair for six months. The staff at all levels gave me confidence and a future to look forward to.

No Average Rating is available*

The prime reason is to pay tribute for their especially high standard of care shown to me as a person. Such care is important for my own welfare and well-being. The environment is well kept and enjoyable, and good support to me continued improvement to my health. Happiness equally makes my progression on a daily basis so much better.

No Average Rating is available*

Everything is very good. Very helpful in everyway.

No Average Rating is available*

Since John has been at The Whitehouse he is well cared for and he is happy thanks to all the staff.

Submit a Review for Whitehouse

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Whitehouse

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Whitehouse