Whitehouse, Wrexham, Wrexham

White House is situated near Wrexham town centre with easy access for visitors, friends and family.

Specialising in supporting those who may need help with daily tasks as well as people with mental health difficulties. White House also provides day care, respite care as well as a rapid response service for emergencies.

All staff are highly training and fully qualified so that each individuals needs can be met with dignity.

Group: Chestnut House Healthcare Group

Person in charge: Debra Davies (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wrexham County Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 33 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Sensory Impairment • Substance Misuse

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Welsh

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

9.9 Whitehouse has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.860)

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Whitehouse is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Whitehouse in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.86 for Whitehouse is calculated as follows: ( (124 Excellents x 5) + (18 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 143 Ratings = 4.86

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Whitehouse is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6.6 positive Reviews (33 registered beds ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 6.6 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Whitehouse?

Reviewer Connection to Whitehouse

The family of my dear father, cannot praise the manager, duty manager and numerous members of excellent carers enough.
After moving to a much larger room my dad has settled in much better. One thing is the family have had to ensure that they contact us if he has any falls at anytime of the day/night. Needs decorating to freshen up.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

Whitehouse management and staff are highly qualified, hard working and extremely kind to each resident. As soon as you walk through the front door there is a "buzz"! Every resident matters which reflects in the enthusiasm of the staff. Home is well decorated with appropriate pictures/drawings on the walls. My mother is always talking about one or the other, certainly stimulates her. Activities programme is very varied and fun!

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I am very happy my brother has chosen the Whitehouse. I now can relax and know he is cared for. A lot has happened in the past. The Manager and staff are excellent with my brother, also his family and I thank them.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

My dad has been at The Whitehouse a while now and I must say things have improved a lot, a lot of things have changed (for the better) my dad always seems very happy and content. I can't visit much due to my location but I know he is safe.
I quite often speak to my dad on the phone, he always tells me what's going on. I visited in May and he was at his best, the staff were all lovely, everywhere was clean and tidy, and they are speaking about getting the garden expanded which will be great. Thank you to you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

My mum has been at The Whitehouse for many months now, now I have got a clearer picture I would like to leave a review. I was very nervous about my mum going into a home, but I must say The Whitehouse staff and management have really made the move so easy. The care, well from what I witness, you can't fault, so caring and respecting.
Secondly management are very approachable, nothing is too much trouble, always go over and beyond. I am very happy that my mum is settled and treated well. No issues.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

We feel that the care is excellent provided to my aunt, we feel the staff are very caring and always offer us refreshments. The management are very nice, everything is extremely well, we couldn't be happier. All the residents are always happy and smiling, my aunt has been in bed for 6 months and we couldn't ask for better care.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

My uncle is being treated very well and nothing is ever too much trouble. Also when his family visit they are also treated well. I recommend The Whitehouse to be one of the best care homes in the Wrexham area.
All the staff are excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I have lived at the Whitehouse for a long time now. I really like it here, I have a few friends here but my main friend had her 100th birthday here a few weeks ago, we all had a lovely day. The staff always help me if I need help and the lounges are beautiful. We have a good variety of food but I enjoy my puddings.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I have recently lost my lovely dad and my mum is at the Whitehouse. They have A plus staff and they are always willing to listen. The staff have helped me and it was my fathers funeral and a member of staff accompanied mum to the funeral and considering she didn't know anybody she became one of us, it is difficult to explain how good she really was. Cannot fault the Whitehouse and they are very approachable and very caring. I am happy with mums bedroom and please she ishere.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I visited my friend in the White House a number of weeks ago and there was a 100th birthday party going on the same day, the staff ensured that all the other people were involved in the day the staff at the white house had gone over and beyond to decorate the lounge and got entertainment, there was also a buffet on for the day for everyone including us visitors the staff was dancing with the people to ensure that they was having a good day and getting involved. It was so nice to see I'm so glad my friend is here I know I can go home and relax and my friend is safe but most importantly happy she has made some friends there which also helps, massive thank you to all staff and management for everything you do.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

My wife has been in the Whitehouse for about 6 months now as I could not cope any more. I have found the staff to be most kind with her and they go over and above to make her happy.
I really do not know what I would do without the home. I now have a life again and visit as often as I wish, she is settled now, not distraught and content, this makes me at peace with myself.
The home is very homely and clean and all are approachable. I like that they have a family get together once a month with a meeting and I can take part in it and be a part of the home. I can still have a big say in my views. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitehouse? Extremely Likely

I visited my friend who is a resident at the white house and has been there for many months, she is always very clean and tidy and more importantly happy, I find the staff take time out to spend with my friend as she does spend a lot of time in her room, the last visit was such a good visit as my friend was so happy and content in the white house, I can not thank all staff enough what a lovely bunch of people and always a lovely atmosphere everyone is always made very well come.

Submit a Review for Whitehouse

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Whitehouse

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Whitehouse