Sunrise of Cardiff, Cardiff, Cardiff

The Sunrise of Cardiff Assisted Living neighbourhood provides comfort and warmth in a home-like, non institutionalised environment. Their approach to residents is one of individual and personalised care with dignity, independence, privacy and freedom of choice as a priority. They organise many activities which include a variety of trips and social events. The focus is residents’ well being and helping them make the most out of every day. Pets are most welcome. In addition, they offer person centred specialised Dementia care within a Reminiscence neighbourhood. Accommodation sizes vary, but are all designed to provide generous living space with full en-suite facilities in surroundings every resident can be proud to call their home. Mission statement: To champion the quality of life for all seniors.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Liz Williams (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cardiff Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 99 residents

Admission Information: Full individual needs assessment prior to admission. Ages 50+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Sunrise of Cardiff : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

The user 'Review Score' (9.1 for Sunrise of Cardiff) is based on 16 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Sunrise of Cardiff

Friendly welcome always from the ladies on the reception desk. Entrance hall again very welcoming, clean and comfortable - very nice also to have the facilities to make a drink at anytime. Dining room feels as if you are in a restaurant with lovely furniture and clean linen cloths on the tables. Bedrooms and bathrooms always clean.

Sunrise of Cardiff

Luxurious accommodation. Expansive lounges. Choice of menu for lunch and dinner. Wide independence encouraged all rooms en-suite all rooms. Have a kitchenette. Lovely gardens. Very helpful staff not much more expensive than very much more inferior homes.

Sunrise of Cardiff

1. Safe 2. Staff very friendly and caring. 3. Good choice of food. 4. Rooms are well-appointed and can bring own furniture. Plenty of space for own things. 5. Visitors always welcome. 6. There is a buzz and liveliness about the place. Not full of zombies.

Sunrise of Cardiff

Outstanding care in a well maintained and homely environment. There are lots of social activities and trips out. The environment is social, cheerful and very friendly. The meals are excellent and well balanced.

Sunrise of Cardiff

It is a home run with the facilities of a four star hotel. Individual care and assistance, attentive- noting is too much trouble. The bistro area is an excellent facility, being able to invite family and friends over for lunch is a lovely idea. Concierge is faultless- a valuable member of the team, their meet and greet is excellent.

Sunrise of Cardiff

Quality and care are outstanding from my first contact with Sunrise; I was both impressed and confident that my aunt and uncle would have the best of care when they most need it. My aunt has Dementia and the staff led by Wendy are exceptional- extremely professional and compassionate, they have cared for her and my uncle's every need.

Sunrise of Cardiff

The attention by the staff to my wife helps me not to worry about her care, she looks great when I come in and see her every day.

Sunrise of Cardiff

Excellent accommodation, kind staff good food (too much) the care is very good.

Sunrise of Cardiff

A comfortable environment, helpful staff and good varied entertainment.

Sunrise of Cardiff

Sunrise has been so kind to my friend. She especially likes the dog and car who are residents on her unit.

Sunrise of Cardiff

I think it is really good. I have come here for a month to stay. All the staff and other people here are really friendly and everyone talks to me.

Sunrise of Cardiff

The care is excellent, and there is such freedom here to do what you want. Lots of space, lots of activities. I felt really happy and safe here. I like the safety of a code system.

Sunrise of Cardiff

It's friendly. The food is good. The bedrooms are lovely. I've always got company. I'm kept nice and active.

Sunrise of Cardiff

An excellent home, very pleasant to be here as a resident.

Sunrise of Cardiff

Outstanding in every way. If we have a complaint, however small, it is looked into immediately. We live in this beautiful house, and all our needs are carried out by very caring staff.

Sunrise of Cardiff

Helpful, cheerful staff; clean pleasant surroundings, privacy when needed; sympathy and empathy at a recent loss.

Submit a Review for Sunrise of Cardiff

February 2014

There are no jobs posted yet for Sunrise of Cardiff

Liz

Liz Williams

My background is in nursing and I have been fortunate in my career to enjoy a range of employment within both the clinical and care sectors. I joined Sunrise at the beginning of this year and am thrilled to be leading a highly professional, dedicated and motivated team. Each and every day without exception our team provides outstanding care espousing our core values including Respect, Trust, and Joy in Service for our residents. It is so rewarding to see our residents enjoying every day here with good friends, good food and a vibrant activities programme.

Michelle

Michelle Swindenbank

Job Title: Assisted Living Co-ordinator & Registered Manager

As Assisted Living Co-ordinator I have the wonderful position of being able to see and spend time with residents on an individual basis. Every day is different in my role and it’s the uniqueness of each individual that never ceases to bring me great satisfaction, whether its being able to help deal with any issues or just sharing some special private time. These individuals are my greatest teachers.As Registered Manager I am part of a robust team who work hard together to ensure Sunrise of Cardiff adheres to the regulations stipulated by CSSIW ( Care & Social services Inspectorate Wales) to ensure the community is a centre of excellence.

Wendy

Wendy Ticehurst

Job Title: Reminiscence Co-ordinator

Our reminiscence neighbourhood is a unique and carefully thought out environment for those who have problems with their memory. We promote individuality and independence in every aspect of daily living. Carefully selected staff create a homely environment where the focus is on seizing the moment with every individual’s own pathway through their dementia. We have a beautiful self-contained garden where residents are free to wander safely amongst plants and shrubs which have memory provoking aromas and bright colours. My team and I love seeing our residents engaging with us in our environment where they are supported to maintain and perhaps regain some forgotten skills.

Dorothy

Dorothy Wright

Job Title: Activities and Volunteers Co-ordinator

As Activities Co-Ordinator I am responsible for creating a full and varied mix of events, outings and activities for our residents to enjoy. We have such talented people within our community and it is wonderful to be able to show these talents off with art classes, flower arranging, cake decorating, quizzes and talks to name but a few of the many many things we offer. Non-residents are always welcome to come and join in with us so please feel free to pop in – we guarantee a warm welcome!

Elisabeth

Elisabeth May

Job Title: Director of Community Relations

As part of my role I meet with people who are looking towards the future for either themselves or for a loved one. I am so proud to be able to show everything which Sunrise has to offer: our beautiful community and gardens, the fantastic room options, activities and entertainment, wonderful dining and outstanding care. The reward of seeing how people thrive once they have moved in with us is absolutely priceless.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Cardiff