Morel Court, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan

Morel Court is a thirty-six capacity Penarth facility, employing qualified carers to deliver a friendly and professional service and maintaining a living environment that is pleasing and flexible towards personal choice.

Modern and en-suite bedrooms support the privacy of residents, though a varied activities programme is itself a part of the service, with carers keen to encourage personal interests and the practice of key life skills.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Vale of Glamorgan Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 36 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Morel Court: click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

9.5 Morel Court has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.483)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Morel Court is based on 15 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.483 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.65 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.833 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

• The maximum Review Score for a care home / service is 10 and it is based on the published Reviews in the last 2 years. When a Review is submitted by someone who has previously submitted a Review, only the latest Review will count towards the Review Score.

The Review Score of 9.483 for Morel Court is based on 15 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.65 for Morel Court is calculated as follows: ( (120 Excellents x 5) + (52 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 177 Ratings = 4.65

The Quantity Score of 4.833 for Morel Court is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Morel Court?

Reviewer Connection to Morel Court

• Cousin of Resident/Service User
  • Volunteer

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

6 Reviews* is 4.8 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 6 reviews. Ratings from the 9 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

The home in general is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Morel Court? Likely

Suzanne Taplin, Home Manager at Morel Court responded to this review on 06 Dec 2016:

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our service at Morel Court. We were delighted to see that you rate the care and support at this home as excellent as this is certainly the prime focus of our staff team. We will ensure the team receive your feedback.

My cousin entered Morel Court at the age of 98 due to failing health. After a period of settling in we noticed a marked improvement in her well-being, and she became interested in her surroundings again, and joined in the activities going on. She resided at Morel Court for six years where she died peacefully, following wonderful care, compassion and dignity. I feel without this care from staff and management she would not have lived till the grand age of 104.

How likely would you be to recommend Morel Court? Extremely Likely

Suzanne Taplin, Home Manager at Morel Court responded to this review on 10 Aug 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to give such positive feedback on our service at Morel Court. We were so delighted to read that the staff team were able to bring new life to your Cousin's last years, and it shows that age is no barrier to gaining fulfilment when you have the right care and support. We will make sure the staff are aware of your feedback.

Morel is a really caring residential home which looks after my father really well. He is 93 and would like to depart this world, but in the meantime, the lovely staff at Morel make him content: they are courteous and kind, respectful and firm. Lots of thought goes into making the residents' lives varied and interesting, if that's what they want. If not, the lounge is very pleasant and the garden with its hens and flowerbeds, is a peaceful retreat.

How likely would you be to recommend Morel Court? Extremely Likely

Suzanne Taplin, Home Manager at Morel Court responded to this review on 24 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the care and support your Father receives at Morel Court. It is important that our staff team recognise each resident as an individual and to make their time with us as peaceful and fulfilling as possible. It was pleasing to see that this home can live up to MHA value of being the best we can be.

I live overseas and visit my mother twice a year. I have unfailingly has a most generous welcome from all of the staff. The management, care givers, chefs, ground staff and all who are associated with the care home are top class. Their patience and understanding of the residents needs are obviously paramount. Consequently the residents are very happy and content. There is an abundance of laughter. Activities are varied and suited to the needs of older people, stimulated and interesting for them. I could not be happier about the care my elderly mother receives.

How likely would you be to recommend Morel Court? Extremely Likely

Suzanne Taplin, Home Manager at Morel Court responded to this review on 22 Jun 2016:

We fully appreciate that when you live away from a loved one it is even more important that you feel content in the knowledge that they are receiving the best possible care and support. Your feedback is therefore especially welcomed and we will ensure that the staff team are made aware that their hard work and dedication is making a difference. Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive comments.

The activities are varied and enjoyed by most. Lounge is always clean and ready for residents. Hairdressing facilities are provided and convenient for all. Toilet area for visitors always clean. Management and staff are friendly, caring and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Morel Court? Extremely Likely

Suzanne Taplin, Home Manager at Morel Court responded to this review on 06 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your kind and positive comments. As a as volunteer you have a unique insight into how well Morel Court provides care and support for our residents, so it was particularly pleasing to see that your experience is such a positive one that you would recommend the home.

My late mother attended Morel court, twice a week, for over two years. She was greeted warmly on arriving each visit and was made to feel welcome. I found all the staff she came into contact with, to be kind and caring towards her.
A range of activities were available every day and my mother would always be more animated after these visits. I was more than happy to leave my mother in the safe hands of the staff at Morel Court, and I will be forever grateful for the friendliness and empathy shown to her.

How likely would you be to recommend Morel Court? Extremely Likely

Suzanne Taplin, Home Manager at Morel Court responded to this review on 02 Jun 2016:

We are very grateful for your kind and positive feedback which we will ensure is given to the staff team at Morel Court. We are delighted to see that you felt your Mother benefited from the support that the home was able to give and that this experience has made you confident in giving the home such a recommendation.

We are treated very well. I feel very safe. The meals are good, staff and manageress are very helpful. I believe I have a lovely room and I feel right at home.

No Average Rating is available*

I feel I am treated well, I enjoy the food which I choose to eat. My room is overlooking the garden, I love it, the girls are kind and courteous to me at all times.

No Average Rating is available*

My wife and I recently moved into this care home and are completely satisfied with our new home.

No Average Rating is available*

I would recommend any friend of mine (and have already done so) to apply for a place here, for it is 'next door to being at home'> After being here for 11 months I have never heard any member of staff arguing, being bad tempered or impatient with any resident. Their patience is quite unbelievable. our manageress handles ones problems kindly and straight away and she has made many improvements for us. Our Chaplain, Secretary, Volunteers and maintenance man all combine to make Morel Court a happy place to live.

No Average Rating is available*

I feel that I am comfortable and happy.

No Average Rating is available*

I have no faults with my care it's all I expected it to be., you wouldn't find any other home as nice.

No Average Rating is available*

Highly recommended care home.

No Average Rating is available*

Feel happy and staff are very kind to me. I feel I have all I need if not staff get it for me.

No Average Rating is available*

Took up residence on Monday 5th May 2014. Redecorated and newly furnished room on second floor. Pleasant outlook allocated place at the table with five men and two ladies. Informed of meal times, met several staff whose dates of work and duties varied from time to time, friendliness and willingness to help is constant, other residents are friendly and sociable making live pleasant for me.

Submit a Review for Morel Court

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Morel Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Morel Court