Morel Court, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan

Morel Court is a thirty-six capacity Penarth facility, employing qualified carers to deliver a friendly and professional service and maintaining a living environment that is pleasing and flexible towards personal choice.

Modern and en-suite bedrooms support the privacy of residents, though a varied activities programme is itself a part of the service, with carers keen to encourage personal interests and the practice of key life skills.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Vale of Glamorgan Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 36 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Morel Court : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

The user 'Review Score' (9.5 for Morel Court) is based on 18 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Morel Court

We are treated very well. I feel very safe. The meals are good, staff and manageress are very helpful. I believe I have a lovely room and I feel right at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Morel Court? Likely

Morel Court

I feel I am treated well, I enjoy the food which I choose to eat. My room is overlooking the garden, I love it, the girls are kind and courteous to me at all times.

Morel Court

My wife and I recently moved into this care home and are completely satisfied with our new home.

How likely would you be to recommend Morel Court? Likely

Morel Court

I would recommend any friend of mine (and have already done so) to apply for a place here, for it is 'next door to being at home'> After being here for 11 months I have never heard any member of staff arguing, being bad tempered or impatient with any resident. Their patience is quite unbelievable. our manageress handles ones problems kindly and straight away and she has made many improvements for us. Our Chaplain, Secretary, Volunteers and maintenance man all combine to make Morel Court a happy place to live.

Morel Court

I feel that I am comfortable and happy.

Morel Court

I have no faults with my care it's all I expected it to be., you wouldn't find any other home as nice.

Morel Court

Highly recommended care home.

Morel Court

Feel happy and staff are very kind to me. I feel I have all I need if not staff get it for me.

Morel Court

Took up residence on Monday 5th May 2014. Redecorated and newly furnished room on second floor. Pleasant outlook allocated place at the table with five men and two ladies. Informed of meal times, met several staff whose dates of work and duties varied from time to time, friendliness and willingness to help is constant, other residents are friendly and sociable making live pleasant for me.

Morel Court

My aunt has been resident at Morel Court since 2000. The ethos, care and facilities are excellent. Senior staff provide very good leadership and ancillary staff excellent support. A very wide range of activities is provided every week. Individual needs are catered for hence the greenhouse, chickens and fish tank. The home scored 5 for hygiene and the paperwork more than satisfies even the most demanding of inspectors, Highly recommended.

Morel Court

I feel very safe, everyone is very kind, helpful and I feel very much at home.

Morel Court

I am a very happy lady, very comfortable, well looked after and it feels like home, very friendly staff.

Very good.

Morel Court

Whilst living on my own in Warwickshire, my daughter suggested I moved to be closer to her. she located Morel Court and recommended that I move 20 miles or so from her. I visited, was impressed, and made an application for residency. I was accepted and moved in at the beginning of May this year.

Morel Court

A very welcoming establishment. Caring and efficient staff. Plentiful food and drink with good choices. Fresh fruit and varied vegetables and good sauces with food. Regular drinks throughout the day and night. Sunny and shaded garden for walking. Daily activities and regular bussed outings. Help with hospital bookings and weekly hairdressing, beautician, chiropody and reflexology, help with bathing and showers and each room has toilet and bathing facilities.

Morel Court

Morel Court I have found to be excellent in many ways. The food in very well cooked and we have quite a variety, and management are ready to accept suggestions which aim to be put in hand very quickly. I cannot envisage any better place than Morel Court; it is very clean and fresh smelling and we can live independent lives as well as long as we inform management if we go out.

Morel Court

Morel Court is light, airy, clean with very helpful staff, lovely meals, fresh fruit always available. My mother is a new resident and staff are very caring, helping her settle in. Residents are encouraged to be as independent as possible. The home provides a wide variety of activities including outings.

Morel Court

My father moved into Morel Court recently from the Midlands. He was immediately made to feel welcome by both staff and residents. He was introduced to numerous activities and services available. There is even an activities manager so that residents are kept motivated and engaged. Dad has even taken up gardening again and takes regular bracing cliff top walks. One of the main reasons for the move was loneliness in his previous sheltered accommodation. He is now far too busy to be lonely which is just what he wanted. In balance with this he is strongly encouraged to provide his own care and see to his own needs which is helping to maintain his independence. We are both so pleased with the move, thanks.

Submit a Review for Morel Court

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Morel Court

There are no jobs posted yet for Morel Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Morel Court