The Old Rectory

10/12 Old Port Road, Wenvoe, Cardiff CF5 6AN

Owner: Mrs Sion Huw Richards

Person in charge: Gordon Paton (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Vale of Glamorgan Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 23 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Welsh

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £580 – £580 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £580 – £580

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on The Old Rectory: click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

The Review Score of 7.9 (maximum of 10) for The Old Rectory is based on 1 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 7.937 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.75 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 3.187 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 7.937 for The Old Rectory is based on 1 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.75 for The Old Rectory is calculated as follows: ( (9 Excellents x 5) + (3 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 12 Ratings = 4.75

The Quantity Score of 3.187 for The Old Rectory is calculated as follows:

2. 0.1 x 1 Positive Reviews = 0.100

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

My father required residential care as he developed dementia. It was really really hard for us during that time as we felt a little isolated and unsure of how things would work out. We were given a list of care homes to visit by social services.

We visited a number of homes in the space of around a week or so. That was when we went into The Old Rectory Care Home the atmosphere was so relaxed. We met the manager and I found myself really telling him how hard I had been finding the decision as it was going to have such a big impact on my fathers life. He reassured me and he told me to use my heart as good care can be felt. He explained that you can feel a care home and when you enter a facility that looks after people you can tell within around ten minutes what is like to live there. He was right I think.

I decided that The Old Rectory Care Home would be a good new home for my father. I was blessed I think because you read some horror stories about care homes in the news papers. The staff that look after my father are so nice. When I come in to see him the staff are often sitting with the people that live there doing their hair or playing games. It feels like home to me.

My father has had some ups and downs since moving into The Old Rectory Care Home but I'm pleased to say the staff have been exceptional. They take the time and have a calm approach to looking after people. They always seem so calm it's lovely.

I walked past the manager and the manager was having a cup of tea with one of the other people that lived in the care home. I can see that taking the time with people is something the boss seems to do himself.

I would recommend the care home it's a great place to visit and my father seems really happy there.

How likely would you be to recommend The Old Rectory? Extremely Likely

Submit a Review for The Old Rectory

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Old Rectory

There are no jobs posted yet for The Old Rectory

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Old Rectory