Parkside House Care Home, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan

Parkside House Care Home aims to provide residents with a high standard of care that enhances their quality of life in a friendly and relaxing environment. We respect everyone's right of choice and support the privacy, dignity and independence of each resident.

There is a separate area for residents with a diagnosis of dementia, with its own sitting and dining area allowing the care team to focus on their specific individual needs. Respite and day care services are also practised.

Parkside is converted Victorian house, with gardens in front of the home and patios and sitting areas in the rear. It is located a short distance from the seafront, and from the town centre.

Owner: Llangoedmor Properties Ltd

Person in charge: Alison Aplin (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Vale of Glamorgan Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 39 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £620 , Personal Care Shared (per person) from £600

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Parkside House Care Home : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.8 for Parkside House Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Parkside House Care Home

Well laid out accommodation, individual rooms, generally very well appointed. Staff very caring, sympathetic and sensitive to residents needs. Atmosphere excellent and all the staff always welcoming to visitors and informed about residents state of health and progress. Keep relatives informed of any problems. Good staff resident ratio. Good menu variety civilised dining room. Altogether excellent and also value for money.

Parkside House Care Home

I visit Parkside regularly and find the staff very helpful and friendly. I visit three residents and although they are sometimes forgetful due to dementia all seem contented and well cared for. I think that Parkside is one of the most best in Penarth.

Parkside House Care Home

Very happy with all aspects of my fathers stay (8 months) at Parkside. Dad, his wife and I were all made to feel very welcome immediately and all the managerial and nursing staff were courteous & helpful at all times. We particularly appreciated the advice & understanding afforded to us when Dad's needs increased and Dad had to leave Parkside. I have now looked at quite a few care homes and in my mind Parkside is by far & always the 'homeliest'. I would certainly recommend Parkside for those needing residential care.

Parkside House Care Home

Very relaxing homely atmosphere. Welcoming, supportive, highly recommended and value for money. Staff are great, kind and caring.

Parkside House Care Home

Highly recommended, nothing too much trouble, excellent staff.

Parkside House Care Home

Beautiful Victorian house with lovely gardens. Whenever I go into the home I am greeted by friendly staff. A quality home with outstanding care led by Alison and her team who are extremely professional and compassionate, who care for my mother's every need. The meals are excellent with plenty of choices. There are daily activities and I am amazed at the beautiful pictures my mother has painted. The cleanliness is outstanding. If you are looking for a care home that really does care - this is the one.

Parkside House Care Home

Excellent staff and service, in every way. Care and support given when needed and extremely good food.

Parkside House Care Home

I love it here, nice, clean and friendly home, I get on with everyone. All staff are great and the food is lovely, fantastic. I enjoy it when I'm in the activities and recently the Christmas party we had. I have more than enough to eat and drink and cups of coffee on demand, I enjoy my coffee. I feel very proud and pleased to call this my home.

Parkside House Care Home

This home is very, very, very satisfactory, staff are always there when you want them. Staff are always friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble, no matter how big or small. I feel very much at home and I'm very happy here. I enjoy the activities and love to sing and dance when we have any parties. I have recently joined in with arts and crafts and have made lots of wonderful things. Well done.

Parkside House Care Home

Staff are always friendly and very helpful, my room is to a high standard and always well maintained. The food is excellent and I enjoy my bacon and eggs for breakfast. The activities are great, I enjoy the dance and movement. I have visits from my local church and I am able to have holy communion in the home, my religious beliefs are important to me and this makes me very happy to continue this. My friends are always welcomed by friendly staff and a tray of tea and cakes.

Parkside House Care Home

I love this home it is friendly with wonderful staff who attend to your every need. Nothing is ever too much trouble. It has a friendly atmosphere where families are always welcomed with a tray of tea. I have a beautiful room and there are no unpleasant odours. There are plenty of choices on the menu to suit everyone. Management and staff are an excellent team, well done.

Parkside House Care Home

A very good caring environment. Staff very friendly, caring and patient. Food very good and lots of drinks provided. Accommodation well maintained, rooms very comfortable and all have wash hand basin and there are toilet facilities nearby. Very good laundry service. I think there could be more activities provided although they do their best.

First Class Care
I have been delighted with the care and kindness shown to my mother by all the staff at Parkside. Everyone is very patient and exceptionally helpful. I feel very fortunate that my mother is looked after by such thoughtful and compassionate carers. Every effort is made to ensure her comfort and preserve her dignity and it is done in a sensitive, friendly and unobtrusive manner. Parkside is absolutely first class and I have no hesitation in commending it to anyone in search of the very best residential care.

Parkside House Care Home

A very caring and professional home
The mamagement and all the staff at Parkside House cared for Mum in a very kind and professional way. It was very difficult when it came to the time for the most precious member of our family to be moved into a Care Home and especially at the age of 99 years. We looked at several homes and we were waiting for that feeling that one gets when you feel “yes Mum will be safe and cared for here”. Parkside House gave us that feeling and it proved that they not only met but exceeded our expectations. Dementia is a terrible illness and although this came late in Mum’s life it worsened quickly and proved to be very debilitating. The staff working on the Care Unit on the first floor always showed patience and kindness to all those in their care. The management and all the caring staff always afforded Mum dignity and kindness. When times were very difficult they maintained a high standard of professionalism and all always looked for solutions to ease the situation, right up until the end. We cannot praise Parkside House, management and staff, enough for the kindness and support they gave Mum and our family

service of care at Parkside
I have been visiting the home for the past 2 years, cant fault the service provided no complaints what so ever, staff are always welcoming to myself and her family members (sister). Always a tray of tea and cakes available to welcome us at the time of our visit.

Extremely satisfied
I am extremely satisfied with the accommodation, the manager Alison Aplin, the caring staff and the meals provided at Parkside. Always clean and tidy and no unpleasant odours! Mum has been there for 3.75 years and she's been very well cared for the entire time. I viewed other care homes before Parkside but this one was far and above the best. Nothing is too much trouble and my family and I always made welcome whenever we visit. 10/10

Parkside House Care Home

We have been very impressed by the loving, patient and cheerful care which my mother has received while she has been at Parkside. All things that I have mentioned to staff have been dealt with very promptly and pleasantly.

Parkside House Care Home

The staff at Parkside have been amazing, not only offering support to Mum but also to me since making 5 he very tough decision to move Mum into a home. Over the time Mum has been there, through the patience, understanding and kindness of all the staff at Parkside House, Mum has overcome the severe anxiety she was suffering as a result of the stroke, and the time I spend with her now is quality time. Mum is beginning to enjoy life again and the decision to put Mum at Parkside is one I will never regret. Instead of my family feeling isolated and alone whilst trying to provide the best care for Mum I know there is a team around her who are giving her the best possible care and attention, and finally I'm seeing my Mum smiling again.

Parkside House Care Home

We were very pleased with the care my mother received at Parkside. Although she was reluctant to leave the independence of her own home the friendly and caring staff made the transition much smoother than expected. It was important to have people we trusted looking after mum since we live in the USA and could only visit once or twice a year. Communication with the staff was easy using e-mail, whether we had a question or if they needed to keep us up to date on mum's condition. Highly recommended for caring, friendly and flexible staff.

Submit a Recommendation for Parkside House Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Parkside House Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Parkside House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Parkside House Care Home