Tower Hill, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan

Tower Hill Residential Home is situated in Penarth. They have capacity for up to 16 elderly residents, living in a beautiful period property with refurbished interiors designed to meet the needs of individuals who require support.

Staff cater specifically to Resident’s needs, wishes and preferences using a person centered approach, promoting independence through personal interests.

The home has a very homely and calm environment with spacious living facilities, including ground floor lounge, dining area and large sun lounge leading onto a well maintained garden, ideal for social living, activities and more.

Owner: Mrs J Zehetmayr

Person in charge: June Zehetmayr (Owner)

Local Authority / Social Services: Vale of Glamorgan Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 16 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: No smoking. Ages 65+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Italian, Polish

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £540 – £597 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £540 – £597

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Tower Hill : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

posted 18 Aug 2015

4 bed vacancies

The user 'Review Score' (8.7 for Tower Hill) is based on 5 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Tower Hill

Tower Hill provided respite care which enabled us to have a holiday. My mother in laws stay was very enjoyable. The staff were kind, considerate and friendly. I would certainly consider using Tower Hill in the future.

Tower Hill

Restored my father to good health and achieved a miracle by getting him to use hearing aids.

Tower Hill

Mum stayed at Tower Hill for five weeks respite care. We all found the staff very caring and made Mum feel welcome even though it was for such a short stay.

Tower Hill

My husband Donald Caesar, who suffers from Dementia, stayed for the duration of 10 days in the Nursing Home 'Tower Hill' in Penarth. The manageress of the Nursing Home came to our house to assess my husband. She explained everything which we needed to know so well. She invited me to bring my husband to the Nursing Home to have a look around first and see if we like the place. I thought it was such a really nice gesture. I loved the place the moment I walked in. It was homely and all the rooms were lovely and clean and had a beautiful view. I couldn't have asked for anything better for my husband to stay there for respite. The manageress and staff were so friendly and helpful. It felt like home from home. I knew my husband was in the best of hands. After his stay there, and being back home again, he told me that he misses the place and the friends he made there. I am so grateful to the manageress and staff for giving my husband the best of care you can ask for. I would be grateful if my husband could stay at 'Tower Hill' again if I needed a break. Again I want to say Thank You so very much to everybody at 'Tower Hill' for a brilliant job and their loving care.

Tower Hill

Mum is always happy when I go to see her. The staff are always lovely with her even when they don't know I am there. She is always comfortable. They treat her with respect and dignity. It is so above and beyond for her, especially when she has been so ill off and on. I can't thank them enough for taking the pressure off me.

Submit a Review for Tower Hill