Group: Plas Garnedd Care

Person in charge: Carol Owen (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Isle of Anglesey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 29 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Welsh

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £508

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Plas Garnedd Care : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Plas Garnedd Care

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Plas Garnedd Care

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.2 for Plas Garnedd Care) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Plas Garnedd Care

My Mother was resident at Plas Garnedd for the last six years. She was mentally astute but suffered from mobility problems. She chose to enter the home after viewing other providers in the area. Management and reinvestment at the home is exemplary and reflected in the facilities and expertise of the staff. My Mothers individual carer was wholly empathetic with her needs and, at times, showed an enormous amount of patience! Overall my Mum was looked after in an environment that was well maintained, professionally managed and, above all, put the needs of the residents first. Sadly my Mother died in January but I have nothing but praise for the way the staff handled both her last hours and their dealings with myself. I have also had cause to visit their home in Pentraeth and found similar standards of good management and staff expertise, providing an even more difficult level of service at this location. If it was me, rather than my sons, choosing my last place of residence, I'd elect for PG. Thank you all, I admire your empathy, expertise and patience!

Submitted by Chas Sewell (Son of resident) on Monday 4 February 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Plas Garnedd Care

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Plas Garnedd Care

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Plas Garnedd Care

Other Care Homes located nearby to Plas Garnedd Care

Click here for information on how to remove the 'other' Care Home listings from your profile page