Towyn Capel

Lon Towyn Capel, Trearddur Bay, Holyhead LL65 2TY

Owner: Mrs B Jones

Person in charge: Katherine Byrne Lees (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Isle of Anglesey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 30 residents

Admission Information: Ages from 65 to 200.

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Towyn Capel: click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

9.2 Towyn Capel has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.234)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Towyn Capel is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 5 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Towyn Capel in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.817 for Towyn Capel is calculated as follows: ( (50 Excellents x 5) + (9 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 60 Ratings = 4.817

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.417 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Towyn Capel is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 6 positive Reviews (30 registered beds ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 6 Target = 0.667

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Towyn Capel?

Reviewer Connection to Towyn Capel

My 'Aunt' became a resident of Town Capel almost 10 months ago during which time she has had numerous personal and health problems, I can honestly report that the staff and management have been excellent in responding to her every need.
I have found staff and management very approachable and responsive. They are very busy people but still have time for all residents and relatives, always with a smile! Towyn Capel is a very happy place.

How likely would you be to recommend Towyn Capel? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in Towyn Capel for two years now and she has settled in very well. Her care needs have changed over this period and I have found the home and staff to be very caring and helpful with my mother's changing needs. She is happy and the care she receives is excellent. It can be difficult at times to watch the changes that are happening to my mother but I find that all the staff in the home are very supportive and take time to explain things. I also feel that it is very welcoming and spotlessly clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Towyn Capel? Extremely Likely

My mother moved to Towyn Capel after we lost my father and she was unable to cope on her own. When she moved in she was really in a poorly state of health but with the care and support she received from all at Towyn Capel, from the owners, managers and carers she made a good recovery and enjoyed the next thirteen years living there. She immediately felt at home in the warm, safe and friendly environment and in her words "enjoyed being spoilt in her new home".
She enjoyed the food and while she was able, she joined in the activities that were put on. Towyn Capel has a mini bus and as well as outings for the residents it is often used to take residents to and from hospital for outpatients appointments.
In the last few months she was bedridden but the extra work involved did not faze anyone, everyone always had a smile and a kind word for both my mother and anyone who was there visiting.
We as her family were kept very much involved and informed of all aspects of her care.

Katherine Lees, Manager at Towyn Capel responded to this review on 01 Sep 2016:

We miss your mother every day.

I found out about the care home from a friend who I was talking to about problems I was getting to look after my wife. It broke my heart having to even think about it, but I knew I had to do something as I'm nearly 70 and having to carry my wife up the stairs to the bathroom and then down just took its toll.
I asked social services to help and I asked them if I could place my wife at Towyn Capel Residential Home. I had a visit from the homes manager who assured me that everything would be done to make my wife happy at the home. The first day came and she was made welcome and given a good sized room with a view of the garden. She met the staff who were very friendly and the home itself was very clean, her bed was clean and comfortable.
I find no problems with the home, I can only say nothing is impossible, just ask the staff and they resolve the problems. A very happy care home, thank God I met my friend who told me about Towyn Capel Residential Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Towyn Capel? Extremely Likely

Staff and owners at Towyn Capel treated my Mum with quite astonishing care, respect and dignity throughout her stay at the home. I have the utmost respect for the work they do and the professionalism with which they do it. Nothing is too much trouble.
Diolch o waelod calon. (With heartfelt thanks)

Submit a Review for Towyn Capel

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Towyn Capel

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Towyn Capel