Marchglen Care Centre

2 Gannel Hill View, Fishcross, Alloa FK10 3GN

Marchglen Care Centre, Alloa, Clackmannanshire

Marchglen Care Centre is located in Fishcross, Alloa and provide of a range of specialist care services that are arranged around a central day care centre.

The centre has views over the Ochil Hills of Marchglen provides care within a modern and inviting facility.

The service has a team of well-trained experienced staff that look after people living with acquired brain injuries, and seeking treatment for neurological conditions and those exhibiting signs of challenging behaviour.

Marchglen is made up of four houses, each providing a different type of support.

Aberfoyle House supports people living with learning disabilities and those who require nursing support. In addition the house is fully-equipped to support people who have or in the past have exhibited challenging behaviours.

Duchray House supports older people with learning disabilities who may also require nursing support. The home is also able to support people who have shown signs of challenging behaviours.

Avondhu House is able to provide care for people living with physical disabilities and those who require additional nursing support. The home can provide support for people living with Huntington's chorea, Melas Syndrome and other physically debilitating conditions.

Menteith House can support people living with acquired brain injuries and also those with complex needs who require nursing support.

The four homes are linked by day centre, Abercromby Court, which proves a range of therapies, resources and activities four residents at all four houses.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Lorena Love (Service Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Clackmannanshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 36 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

The Review Score of 8.4 (maximum of 10) for Marchglen Care Centre is based on 5 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.422 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.644 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 3.778 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.422 for Marchglen Care Centre is based on 5 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.644 for Marchglen Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (42 Excellents x 5) + (13 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 59 Ratings = 4.644

The Quantity Score of 3.778 for Marchglen Care Centre is calculated as follows:

2. 0.1 x 5 Positive Reviews = 0.500

Family members from further afield visited a resident for the first time and were very pleased with friendly, welcoming atmosphere at Marchglen Care Centre. The clean, bright accommodation was also appreciated. The resident appeared happy and settled in her new home and looked well cared for. This was very re-assuring for the family.

How likely would you be to recommend Marchglen Care Centre? Extremely Likely

All I can say is I could not find another home with the care and dignity that is shown to my husband and our family, from the Marchglen staff. We as a family call it our second home. I am kept up to date with all his care. There is always someone to talk to, even for his grand kids.

How likely would you be to recommend Marchglen Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Staff were not only friendly to my dad but were friendly to myself and my gran's mum. Professional care always. The staff's personalities and sense of humour made my dad's experience a lot better.

How likely would you be to recommend Marchglen Care Centre? Extremely Likely

This is an excellent facility. At times staffing levels are lower than they should be which results in care being delivered late. All staff are extremely caring to our whole family, not just the residents. It is definitely considered as a home from home, even the dog is welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Marchglen Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Lorena Love, Home Manager at Marchglen Care Centre responded to this review on 04 Dec 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to review Marchglen Care Centre, we really appreciate your feedback. At Marchglen we take great pride in ensuring we deliver high quality care and facilities. Our Care Team works hard to ensure all of our residents needs are met in a timely fashion, allowing us to be able to provide person centred care and spend valuable time with our residents. We welcome the opportunity to improve, and hope you will continue to share your thoughts with us in the home in future.

My Dad received excellent care. March Glen staff have been fantastic, my Dad's m.s has got to the level where he can no longer stay at home. He is happy and even though he is a 45min journey away from me, I'm ok knowing staff like Louise and Leanne are looking after dad.

Submit a Review for Marchglen Care Centre

February 2014

There are no jobs posted yet for Marchglen Care Centre

Lorena

Lorena Love

Joined: 2015

As the Home Manager at Marchglen, I’m responsible for maintaining the wellbeing of both the people we support and the members of our Care Team.

One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is the variety - no two days are ever the same!

I worked as a Nurse for 37 years, and held senior roles in NHS for 20 years. I moved to Caring Homes in 1999 as a Deputy, and became Home Manager at Kincardine Bridge in 2001.

In 2008 I moved into learning and development and became a Training Manager for Scotland in 2010, while also supporting three homes in the north of England.

I’m forward thinking, flexible and enjoy a challenge, so I’m confident that I will be able to make a difference working with the Care Team at Marchglen.

I’m a very family-orientated person, so I consider raising my three wonderful young gentlemen and supporting them through college and university as my biggest personal achievement.

I have lived around here for most of my adult life, so I’m extremely familiar with Fishcross and the local area.

I volunteer at the local cat shelter in my spare time and I’m also a novice gardener, though my gardening attempts often have mixed results!

I’ve previously worked with Caring Homes for over ten years, tasted pastures new and am now very pleased to be back in the fold.

My favourite thing about living and working in Fishcross is the view you get of the Ochil Hills.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Marchglen Care Centre