Strathview, Cupar, Fife

Strathview is a twenty-four capacity, purpose-built care home that boasts scenic surroundings and a homely interior that contributes to a thriving social environment.

The home keeps strong links within the local community, taking pride in the reputation its skilled and compassionate services have achieved. The thoughts and opinions of loved ones are taken seriously and the home's itinerary includes a wide range of activities that are organised for mental and physical health benefits.

Packages include respite and convalescent care, with trial stays available and an open visiting policy.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Kellymarie Jack (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Fife Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 25 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

posted 19 Jun 2015

Please call 01337827480 for further information about current Bed Vacancies at Strathview.

The user 'Review Score' (9.8 for Strathview) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Strathview

Mum has been in care fro the last 3.5 years. In all that time there has been no concern as to the level of care provided. The staff are pleasant and helpful at all times.

Strathview

My mother is now resident at Strathview care home I am very happy with the care and attention she is receiving. Staff are excellent, friendly and attentive to all her needs. Her room is comfortable and spotlessly clean. Food excellent and varied menu to meet her needs. She has 24 hour excellent care and I would recommend this care home without hesitation.

Strathview

My mother has been at Strathview for four weeks, we chose Strathview because Kellymarie came to see us when we contacted the home. She has been most helpful and knows what goes on in the home.

Strathview

My wife has been in Strathview Care home for approximately three weeks. So far they have provided an excellent overall service, caring, considerate, personal, helpful and friendly. Willing to put themselves out to ensure the comfort and care for my wife. Welcoming and everything more than I had expected. With our previous experience of care homes, Strathview is excellent. The manager is very efficient, approachable and easy to communicate with when required - Top Marks.

Strathview

With some haste we needed to arrange respite care for my friend. Strathview were able to help us all. The detail, information and support they gave during this initial period was excellent. The care and attention delivered since then has also been excellent. The support, care detail and environment in which my friend now resides is great. We have just had a lovely birthday party for my friend at Strathview. Many thanks to them all.

Strathview

Management accessibility is excellent, keep you informed of incidents. The care staff treat you as a welcome visitor, always had something to say. Staff all took a genuine interest in your relative. There was not a sense of us and them we were all doing our bit for the resident concerned. No hesitation in recommending Strathview to anyone under taking a search for a "home" for a vulnerable resident.

Strathview

I would definitely recommend this home. My mother is happy here as she is well looked after. All the staff are great with her as they are so patient especially as she has dementia. When I come to visit Mum I can see for myself how the staff interact with the residents. The manager looks after the residents and the staff and makes sure everyone is involved with decisions regarding mum. This is the first time I have had direct family in a care home and obviously had my own concerns and now I'm wondering why! This place is a must for anyone considering using a care home.

Strathview

My aunt has been looked after very well since her move into Strathview. The staff are attentive and respond if my aunt needs assistance. I recommend Strathview as an excellent care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Strathview? Likely

Strathview

My mother-in-law began going to Strathview for respite in July 2014. Although anxious at first, she soon became very relaxed about going in for respite. The staff were always so welcoming and friendly and there was always activities and things she could get involved in. As her illness worsened respite became more frequent until she was finally admitted in January 2015 for full time care. The care she receives in Strathview is excellent. The staff are extremely caring and friendly and there is always a pleasant and happy atmosphere. When we visit my mother-in-law, she is always happy and dressed immaculately. We are very happy with the care she receives in Strathview.

Strathview

The compassion and commitment of the staff are what makes Strathview and outstanding care home. Having had previous experience of this when they nursed my Aunt, it made the difficult time of making the decision to move mum into care so much easier. As I said to my Brother I would be distressed at the thought of mum going into care but going into to Strathview has a much more reassuring feeling ! on my last visit mum looked so happy and well. Her clothes had been chosed with care and I know the staff do everything they can to ensure her dignity is maintained. There was a happy and relaxed feel and family are warmly included on their visits. I can't recommend Strathview highly enough. Thank You.

Strathview

My mum has been here 5 years and I feel staff should be commended for the hard work they do caring for residents with dementia as I know how difficult my mum can be thanks to them well done.

Strathview

My reasons for recommendation are: I used to be Margaret's full time carer till it got impossible for her to be left on her own in her own home. I visit regular and staff are very friendly and always management about i.e. in their office were all can be seen. The do a wonderful job in looking after Margaret were she is safe and secure with 24 hour care.

Strathview

My Mother chose this care home to live close to me and my wife as surviving family. The fact that this was her choice, based on a short term visit, has contributed to this being a very positive move. She is able to enjoy and fully access all opportunities while not yet having physical or mental needs.

Strathview

Mother has been resident for over a year now, the staff being caring and helpful in settling mum into the community of the home, surprised at how well mum is doing in a complete and happy unit, staff going that little bit further to make sure all resident`s are looked after and entertained. I found it more like a family (extended of course). Welcomed at every visit with a smile. I would recommend this home to others.

Strathview

We are so pleased with the level of care and support my mother in law has received since living at Strathveiw, the staff are warm and friendly and very professional. The care home manager is approachable and always willing to answer any queries we may have. As my mother in law was very low when she arrived it's now great to see her back to her happy bubbly self again. There is always someone there for her to talk to and regular entertainment and activities to keep her busy. Cannot fault Strathview in any department and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a caring, friendly and homely atmosphere for their loved ones.

Submit a Review for Strathview

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Strathview

There are no jobs posted yet for Strathview

Kellymarie

Kellymarie Jack

Joined: 2014

As Manager of Strathview, Kellymarie leads her professional staff team in delivering the highest level of care and support for up to 24 residents.

Having qualified as a Registered Mental Health Nurse in 2003, Kellymarie spent three years working for the NHS before joining Caring Homes and working her way up to her current role of Home Manager.

This nursing experience has equipped Kellymarie well for her role at Strathview, where she works hard to ensure that those in her care lead happy and fulfilling lives, whilst maintaining choice over the care and support they receive.

Kellymarie believes in maintaining strong relationships with residents and their relatives and understands the important contribution that these relationships make to the successful running of a care home.

‘I love nothing more than finding out from our residents, staff and relatives what I can do to make their time here better or more settled.’

Kellymarie notes her greatest professional achievement as enabling a range of adults with learning disabilities to take holidays across the UK and Europe. Away from work, she likes to relax by spending time with her two children.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Strathview