Strathview, Cupar, Fife

Strathview is a twenty-four capacity, purpose-built care home that boasts scenic surroundings and a homely interior that contributes to a thriving social environment.

The home keeps strong links within the local community, taking pride in the reputation its skilled and compassionate services have achieved. The thoughts and opinions of loved ones are taken seriously and the home's itinerary includes a wide range of activities that are organised for mental and physical health benefits.

Packages include respite and convalescent care, with trial stays available and an open visiting policy.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Margaret Choudry (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Fife Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 25 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Strathview is based on 18 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.663 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.663 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.663 for Strathview is based on 18 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.663 for Strathview is calculated as follows: ( (153 Excellents x 5) + (33 Goods x 4) + (13 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 202 Ratings = 4.663

The Quantity Score of 5 for Strathview is calculated as follows:

3. (17 Positive Reviews ÷ 25 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.360 (maximum score = 1)

Mum had visited Strathview on two occasions and the experience was really positive. However, when Mum stayed there in April 2015 I had a few concerns. When I visited a few days into her stay I was concerned to find her hair had obviously not been washed since her arrival which staff told me was because her shampoo had not been packed. Whilst I'm not sure this is true, in any case, I would reasonably expect the staff to either use some spare shampoo, or to have contacted my father to request some! More concerningly, the staff seemed to be quite stressed. The manager looked as if she really couldn't be bothered to speak with me and one staff member told me "I'm glad we're not fully booked here because it's bad enough as it is." She told me they were really short staffed. Perhaps someone was off sick and it was a one-off experience; however the situation just didn't leave me feeling assured that my Mum was receiving the best care and so we decided to use another home for future respite.

How likely would you be to recommend Strathview? Unlikely

Care / Support: Poor

Management: Poor

Value for Money: Poor

Strathview is a very homely care home with a nice feeling when you come in. The staff here always seemed welcoming and helpful. (My dad hasn't been there very long) Sad to hear the manager is moving on. She has helped our family through a very tough period. I wish her well.

How likely would you be to recommend Strathview? Extremely Likely

After visiting several local care homes to select one for respite stay for my brother-in-law who has dementia we came upon Strathview. Initial impressions were clear and immediate. Open welcoming, organised, scrupulously clean. All levels of staff very tuned in to needs and concerns of the resident. I was impressed by the professionalism and directness of the manager and her approach to assessment of our needs. A two week stay was arranged and went extremely well it was clear that my relative was very quickly comfortable with the staff and surroundings. Always smartly dressed and cared for. No request was too much trouble. The staff made a difficult transition very painless and reassuring. I would say pretty much as good as it gets.

How likely would you be to recommend Strathview? Extremely Likely

I am a close friend of a resident and visit three times a week. The staff are always welcoming and caring, my friend speaks very highly of them all. Moving to a care home is a big change for a resident and to find that she is settled in so easily and feels happy and safe reflects very highly on Strathview.

How likely would you be to recommend Strathview? Extremely Likely

Mum has been in care fro the last 3.5 years. In all that time there has been no concern as to the level of care provided. The staff are pleasant and helpful at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Strathview? Extremely Likely

My mother is now resident at Strathview care home
I am very happy with the care and attention she is receiving. Staff are excellent, friendly and attentive to all her needs.
Her room is comfortable and spotlessly clean. Food excellent and varied menu to meet her needs.
She has 24 hour excellent care and I would recommend this care home without hesitation.

How likely would you be to recommend Strathview? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Strathview for four weeks, we chose Strathview because Kellymarie came to see us when we contacted the home. She has been most helpful and knows what goes on in the home.

My wife has been in Strathview Care home for approximately three weeks. So far they have provided an excellent overall service, caring, considerate, personal, helpful and friendly. Willing to put themselves out to ensure the comfort and care for my wife. Welcoming and everything more than I had expected. With our previous experience of care homes, Strathview is excellent. The manager is very efficient, approachable and easy to communicate with when required - Top Marks.

How likely would you be to recommend Strathview? Extremely Likely

With some haste we needed to arrange respite care for my friend. Strathview were able to help us all. The detail, information and support they gave during this initial period was excellent. The care and attention delivered since then has also been excellent. The support, care detail and environment in which my friend now resides is great. We have just had a lovely birthday party for my friend at Strathview. Many thanks to them all.

Management accessibility is excellent, keep you informed of incidents. The care staff treat you as a welcome visitor, always had something to say.
Staff all took a genuine interest in your relative.
There was not a sense of us and them we were all doing our bit for the resident concerned. No hesitation in recommending Strathview to anyone under taking a search for a "home" for a vulnerable resident.

I would definitely recommend this home. My mother is happy here as she is well looked after. All the staff are great with her as they are so patient especially as she has dementia. When I come to visit Mum I can see for myself how the staff interact with the residents. The manager looks after the residents and the staff and makes sure everyone is involved with decisions regarding mum. This is the first time I have had direct family in a care home and obviously had my own concerns and now I'm wondering why! This place is a must for anyone considering using a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Strathview? Extremely Likely

My aunt has been looked after very well since her move into Strathview. The staff are attentive and respond if my aunt needs assistance. I recommend Strathview as an excellent care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Strathview? Likely

My mother-in-law began going to Strathview for respite in July 2014. Although anxious at first, she soon became very relaxed about going in for respite. The staff were always so welcoming and friendly and there was always activities and things she could get involved in. As her illness worsened respite became more frequent until she was finally admitted in January 2015 for full time care. The care she receives in Strathview is excellent. The staff are extremely caring and friendly and there is always a pleasant and happy atmosphere. When we visit my mother-in-law, she is always happy and dressed immaculately. We are very happy with the care she receives in Strathview.

How likely would you be to recommend Strathview? Extremely Likely

The compassion and commitment of the staff are what makes Strathview and outstanding care home. Having had previous experience of this when they nursed my Aunt, it made the difficult time of making the decision to move mum into care so much easier. As I said to my Brother I would be distressed at the thought of mum going into care but going into to Strathview has a much more reassuring feeling ! on my last visit mum looked so happy and well. Her clothes had been chosed with care and I know the staff do everything they can to ensure her dignity is maintained. There was a happy and relaxed feel and family are warmly included on their visits. I can't recommend Strathview highly enough. Thank You.

My mum has been here 5 years and I feel staff should be commended for the hard work they do caring for residents with dementia as I know how difficult my mum can be thanks to them well done.

My reasons for recommendation are: I used to be Margaret's full time carer till it got impossible for her to be left on her own in her own home. I visit regular and staff are very friendly and always management about i.e. in their office were all can be seen. The do a wonderful job in looking after Margaret were she is safe and secure with 24 hour care.

My Mother chose this care home to live close to me and my wife as surviving family. The fact that this was her choice, based on a short term visit, has contributed to this being a very positive move. She is able to enjoy and fully access all opportunities while not yet having physical or mental needs.

Mother has been resident for over a year now, the staff being caring and helpful in settling mum into the community of the home, surprised at how well mum is doing in a complete and happy unit, staff going that little bit further to make sure all resident`s are looked after and entertained. I found it more like a family (extended of course). Welcomed at every visit with a smile. I would recommend this home to others.

Submit a Review for Strathview

Health Care Assistants Wanted!

To Be Discussed (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Cupar, Fife

Part time Chef Assistant (YH)

competitive (Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)
Cupar, Fife

Margaret

Margaret Choudry

Job Title: Registered Manager

Joined: 2000

Margaret Choudry is the Home Manager at Strathview, having been with Caring Homes for over ten years.

Margaret was previously responsible for the management of our sister home in Alloa, Beechwood Park, and before that was the Home Manager at Cabarfeidh Care Home.

Before becoming a Home Manager, Margaret provided professional nursing care to elderly people with Caring Homes. She is also a qualified Registered Mental Health Nurse, and spent ten years working in Acute Psychiatry with the National Health Service.

Margaret finds the role of managing Strathview rewarding, stimulating and satisfying, as every day brings a fresh challenge. She has additional qualifications in Dementia Care, Palliative Care and Promoting Nutrition in Older People (to name a few).

Professional development remains one of Margaret’s key focusses, ensuring that her Care Team get access to the on-going training they need to deliver high quality services for residents at Strathview.

Margaret has a passion for promoting person-centred care for each resident in her home, which she strongly believes enhances the quality of life for all who reside at Strathview.

Her ethos is to treat others as she would like to be treated, encapsulating dignity and respect at all times.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Strathview