Tel: 0131 332 1481

Owner: Braeburn Home

Person in charge: Eleanor Copeland (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Edinburgh City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 19 residents

Admission Information: People with Confusion/Dementia.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £760

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Braeburn: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Braeburn

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Braeburn

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.6 for Braeburn) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Braeburn on Monday 13 January 2014 by Joyce Kay (Daughter of Resident)

The only sadness about my mothers stay was that it was to short. The 8 weeks in residence saw her regain spirit and her characteristic sense of fun, lost during a period of hospitalisation. It is difficult to imagine a more caring and comforting team of staff and environment, seamlessly marrying the needs of residents with efficient operation of the home. The vital elements required to create a home are present and even in the short time she was at Braeburn she called it home.

Review of Braeburn on Monday 19 August 2013 by Morven Atkinson (Residents' daughter)

My dad went to Braeburn at a time when he could no longer cope with running his own home despite maximum family and state support, but when he couldn't see the problems and was very reluctant at the prospect of moving to a care home. Braeburn gave him a lovely room, painted it as he wished, let him hang his multitude of pictures on the walls and let him bring as much furniture as the room could take (including his beloved grandfather clock!). They let him settle in at his own speed, initially choosing to eat on his own, before little by little embracing his new home and eating with the other residents and spending time in the communal lounges rather than being on his own. He put on at least a stone in the first few months which he really needed, and in the 4 years he was there had one hospital admission for a number of hours, compared with the weeks he had spent in and out of the NHS in the run up to facing he wasn't coping in his house. I was always made to feel so very welcome when I visited my dad, and the Braeburn staff almost felt like friends. My dad was genuinely happy and kept saying he was so glad places like this existed. I am a nurse, and felt I had a perhaps more informed idea of what I was looking for in a care home for my beloved dad, but Braeburn constantly surpassed my expectations with their care and compassion towards him, both at senior level, the carers and even the kitchen staff and handyman. We had regular reviews, and they did whatever my dad requested, usually food related: a cooked breakfast, less fish and more potatoes.... dad named it and Braeburn accommodated it! My dad died very recently and I was keen to keep him at Braeburn as long as possible, and avoid any NHS hospital admissions where he would end up with strangers caring for him in busy care of the elderly wards. I was so happy this was the case, and in his final weeks and days, I cannot speak highly enough of the care given to him. My mum died in a hospice from cancer and the palliative care in Braeburn was of an equal standard, only nicer, as I knew the staff so well. On the night before he died the staff came in of their own will and said goodnight to him, not knowing I was with him. Making the decision to place a parent in care is never easy, and I felt somehow I was letting my dad down by not being able to adequately support him at home. I realise now that care in the community isn't always the answer and believe it enriched his life by being there. It is a wonderful care home and I am so happy I was lucky enough to have found it for my dad.

Review of Braeburn on Sunday 11 August 2013 by Carol Walker (Daughter of resident)

My dad came to Braeburn when he was refusing to take any interest in himself at home. His whole attitude to life improved immensely and he became socially aware, and interested in life around him, and in his own appearance again. He had a beautiful room which was repainted for him, with his own belongings, and a lovely outlook, always fresh and an attractive place to be. He enjoyed the peace of his own room and also the chance to join the other residents in the beautiful sitting and dining rooms. The care of each member of staff was outstanding. Everyone treated dad at all times with tremendous courtesy and respect and gentleness, especially during a time when he was extremely frail. The care provided was over and above what would have been expected through duty, and I was supremely confident that the staff always had dad's best interests at heart. Dad always spoke extremely well of all the staff and considered himself "blessed" to have Braeburn as his home. I myself was always made very welcome and kept informed at all times, and I would give Braeburn the highest recommendation possible.

Submit a Recommendation for Braeburn

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Braeburn and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Braeburn

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Braeburn

Other Care Homes located nearby to Braeburn

Click here for information on how to remove the 'other' Care Home listings from your profile page